Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H height limit problem

Have you tried a dealer? A shop like Terrestrial Imaging or CarolinaDronz may be able to help. If you bought from Best Buy maybe try them.
Thank you, actually my fiancé bought it at a small well loved hobby shop near us, lol, I hadn't thought of that, I will call them.

Best Buy is typically only a seller and of little help with drone tech stuff. My guess is the new altitude is not being input and saved properly in the GUI. Put the new altitude in the left side box and hit save changes off to the right. Be sure the H is powered up when doing it
I can't even download the GUI to my computer, I have WIN 7, but use my Mac more than the other, and I don't believe there is a download for iOS..

I can't even download the GUI to my computer, I have WIN 7, but use my Mac more than the other, and I don't believe there is a download for iOS..

I'm in the same boat. I gave up on Windows about 7 years ago and I've been delighted with my iMacs and MacBook Pros ever since.

We could dual boot or run a VM with Windows on the Mac but I'm simply not going to do that for one piece of software.

If I had to, I'd go to my father-in-law's Windows machine and try there. He's a curmudgeon and doesn't wish to learn a new computer OS. I can't blame him, he's 85.

I'm in the same boat. I gave up on Windows about 7 years ago and I've been delighted with my iMacs and MacBook Pros ever since.

We could dual boot or run a VM with Windows on the Mac but I'm simply not going to do that for one piece of software.

If I had to, I'd go to my father-in-law's Windows machine and try there. He's a curmudgeon and doesn't wish to learn a new computer OS. I can't blame him, he's 85.
I hear ya, I am glad I switched about 8 years ago.

My guess is the new altitude is not being input and saved properly in the GUI. Put the new altitude in the left side box and hit save changes off to the right.

In spite of Pat’s apparent belief that I cannot follow simple directions, I have continued on. Firstly, in my GUI version there is no “Save changes” box off to the right. In the near center of the screen I have “Update” boxes that when I click on will replace the current value with the new value. I have clicked on the NFZ Disable box both before and after doing the height limit change. Regardless, the vehicle stops climbing at 392’. So I tried something else. I inserted 30 meters as the height limit and clicked on “Update”. It then displayed 30 meters as the new height limit. Once outside and flying, it zoomed right past 90 feet (ok, more accurately 98.43 feet) and only stopped when it got to 392’. It seems logical to me to conclude that, in spite of the GIU saying the new input was successful, the information is not getting to the vehicle. It also did not work with a second Yuneec supplied USB cable. I have a non Yuneec cable that I can try tomorrow if I get some free time. I have tried using both a PC and a laptop. Maybe my H is just afraid of heights.IMG_1535671066.757434.jpg

Well, i did get you to fully explain the process you followed and how you identified inputs;)

Just an PSA, I have three Yuneec aircraft that can use the GUI. Only one of them will connect to the GUI with a Yuneec supplied cable. I’ve had the same issue occur with a 3DR APM controller a couple years ago as well and because of that learned to try different cables. It’s a very common issue with DJI stuff.

If after trying one or more outside cables it still won’t work, call Yuneec.

update the firmware, I was not able to remove the limit on the old firmware I had on my H, with new firmware, the program worked to remove the limit. so it does work, get the newest firmware for everything and follow the firmware update directions.

update the firmware, I was not able to remove the limit on the old firmware I had on my H, with new firmware, the program worked to remove the limit. so it does work, get the newest firmware for everything and follow the firmware update directions.

What version are you calling the latest?

Both of mine are b30 and there were no problems changing the max limit.

I’m curious, did you obtain your current firmware from the Yuneec website or an OTA down/upload? When b30 was first released the OTA feature did not exist.

And apparently in my case, b30 as well.
Download the firmware again and put it on an sd card. Install it in the ST16 and run the firmware update again. It's possible when you did the previous update, there may have been a glitch. If you have an older 16 GB card that is a Class 10, I suggest using it.

Also, when using Win 7 or Win 10, right click on the GUI icon and select "Run as Administrator". The GUI can be glitchy. Sometimes I've had to open and close it several times to get a good connection as well as unplug and reconnect the USB cable. Make certain the H is fully powered up before you connect the USB cable.

Both of mine are b30 and there were no problems changing the max limit.

I’m curious, did you obtain your current firmware from the Yuneec website or an OTA down/upload? When b30 was first released the OTA feature did not exist.

I downloaded the b30 update from the Yuneec website.

Download the firmware again and put it on an sd card. Install it in the ST16 and run the firmware update again. It's possible when you did the previous update, there may have been a glitch. If you have an older 16 GB card that is a Class 10, I suggest using it.

Also, when using Win 7 or Win 10, right click on the GUI icon and select "Run as Administrator". The GUI can be glitchy. Sometimes I've had to open and close it several times to get a good connection as well as unplug and reconnect the USB cable. Make certain the H is fully powered up before you connect the USB cable.

Steve

Thanks for the recommendation. My laptop uses Win 7, my PC Win 10. I am in the process of relocating to NY for 5 months so it will be a few days before I get back to you. Everything is all packed up. Will be taking the laptop but not the PC.

Reactions: Steve Carr
What is the firmware on your ST16 and H 480? Is it at the latest from Yuneec?

Drone Firmware
Typhoon H STD v3.04 Gimbal: v1.25, Autopilot: v1.35, Camera: v3.2.34(A)

Controller Firmware
ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b30

I fly in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC from time to time. I must admit though that I'm usually above 3,000 ft altitude when I take to the air and the 390' limitation is not an issue. I've not tried starting in a valley and trying to get above the surrounding mountains. That's just not good practice for me as I don't see myself having a lot of sats for good flying from the valley unless its quite a big valley.

AFAIK unless you have a 107 license you're restricted to 400' AGL which means from where you lifted off. As @Ty Pilot stated you used to be able to unlock that by contacting Yuneec and presenting your 107 license.

You dont need 107 licence (or antything like this)or to contact with YUNEEC in order to fly higher than 400'(121,92m)AGL from where u lifted off.
I fly often in a small valley that is in a mountain, surrounding by several mountain peaks that are more than 200m(650') high from where i lift off. For this reason i ve set the altitude limit at 500m(1640,4') and works fine.I had my screen showing 270,9m(888,78')Alt.

Last edited:
Out of the box, mine was limited to 402'

Using the GUI it's now set to 1000 meters, I have no clue if it will actually go that high, but I DO know that it will go 1000'+

Why did I set it at max? Why is the speed limiter in my SUV set at 200mph? I want it to do what I tell it, and I'll worry about the consequences myself.

I believe the b25 firmware version was the release that contained a 400’ altitude limit that could not be changed. They locked everyone down with that one. IIRC, the later b27 release returned the ability to adjust altitude upwards. If not b27, b30 certainly permits higher altitude adjustment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio