Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H inoffensive characteristics verification

Reaction score
I'm a owner of a Typhoon H (YUNTYHBEU) drone, without RealSense, and therefore with take-off weight <2 Kg.
Based on the latest edition of the ENAC regulation for "REMOTE PILOT VEHICLES", in compliance with European regulations, drones with a weight <2 Kg., enjoy greater operational possibilities; below, for your convenience, I report the art. 12:

Art. 12
Operations with operational take-off mass less than or equal to 2 kg
1. Operations carried out with SAPR of take-off mass less than or equal to 2 kg are considered non-critical in all operational scenarios, provided that the design aspects and construction techniques of the APR have characteristics of harmlessness, previously ascertained by the ENAC or by a subject authorized by it.

I ask if anyone knows how to find a document that certifies the aforementioned characteristics of harmlessness, ascertained by the ENAC or by a subject authorized by it.
Thanks in advance, for every feedback.

Reactions: MartinC
I'm a owner of a Typhoon H (YUNTYHBEU) drone, without RealSense, and therefore with take-off weight <2 Kg.
Based on the latest edition of the ENAC regulation for "REMOTE PILOT VEHICLES", in compliance with European regulations, drones with a weight <2 Kg., enjoy greater operational possibilities; below, for your convenience, I report the art. 12:

Art. 12
Operations with operational take-off mass less than or equal to 2 kg
1. Operations carried out with SAPR of take-off mass less than or equal to 2 kg are considered non-critical in all operational scenarios, provided that the design aspects and construction techniques of the APR have characteristics of harmlessness, previously ascertained by the ENAC or by a subject authorized by it.

I ask if anyone knows how to find a document that certifies the aforementioned characteristics of harmlessness, ascertained by the ENAC or by a subject authorized by it.
Thanks in advance, for every feedback.
I'm probably being a bit thick here but when I googled SAPR all I essentially got back was references to something called Sexual Assault Prevention Response Sexual Assault Prevention Response (US military) - Wikipedia . I know that in the context of the opening post this is not what SAPR means...what does SAPR mean?

I'm probably being a bit thick here but when I googled SAPR all I essentially got back was references to something called Sexual Assault Prevention Response Sexual Assault Prevention Response (US military) - Wikipedia . I know that in the context of the opening post this is not what SAPR means...what does SAPR mean?
Sistema Aeromobile a Pilotaggio Remoto (in Italian )
Linee guida per inoffensività:ENAC: LG Numero: 2016/003-NAV Ed. n. 1 del 01 giugno 2016 AEROMOBILI A PILOTAGGIO REMOTO CON CARATTERISTICHE DI INOFFENSIVITÀ

Last edited:
Thank you. Am in Ireland so we will come under the same regulations. What is the take off weight of the H480 with real sense tech?

not exactely: UAV=APR
SAPR=UVS (Unmanned vehicle system)

Close enough. Someone might also say sUAS. Ultimately it comes done to a remotely piloted, small unmanned aircraft.

I think you will find your regulatory agencies will let the manufacturers perform the testing necessary establish compliance with their regulatory requirements. If that’s what they do you will likely never obtain supportive documentation as Yuneec has not demonstrated a desire to perform regional requirement testing or provide supportive documentation for things like you ask for.

However, there is nothing preventing you from obtaining your government’s testing standards and performing your own tests to generate qualifying documentation.

Last edited:

In Italy, SAPR stands for "Sistema Aeromobile a Pilotaggio Remoto", which means "Remote Piloting Aircraft System".
APR stands for "Aeromobile a Pilotaggio Remoto", which means "Remote Piloting Aircraft".

Thank you for your interest

I just know that if anything weighing 2Kg fell from say 300ft AGL, I would not want to be under it.

Reactions: MartinC
I just know that if anything weighing 2Kg fell from say 300ft AGL, I would not want to be under it.

If it was a bag of money, I wouldn’t mind being next to it.....not under it, but right next to it.

I tried to catch my UPAir 1 when it fell from about 50ft. I ended up bad cuts and done nothing to save the drone.

Many thanks, Paolo, for your indication.
I have read the document, and it seems not leaving hope.

For quantitative criteria, I don't know who can make such complex evaluations, so I can't express myself, but already the only qualitative criteria exclude Typhoon H.

I think that only a balsa and paper glider, with very rounded profiles, can satisfy the qualitative criteria of SAPR with weight of less than 2 kg., so, for now, any multi-copter drone is excluded.

The only hope is that a new edition of the guideline (the one you indicated is 2016) changes the criteria, making them less stringent.

In any case (in perfect Italian style), the presentation of the document (first page), specifies that "the contents of the Guidelines (LG) cannot be considered per se mandatory", thus providing ample matter to lawyers.

Then it would be necessary to stop any flight activity, because if a professional drone has the government authorization, this does not hurt less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval