Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H MG Chemicals Silicone Conformal Coating advice

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm looking at waterproofing my custom typhoon h with

MG Chemicals - 422C-55MLCA 422C Silicone Conformal Coating​

is there anything I should be aware of for specific components I should avoid coding any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion, it's a waste of time... 1st it may cause some components to overheat... 2nd it won't work for the Motors, Retract Modules, Realsense & Camera... not to mention any other place it can't penetrate & coat. It may work if the Parts that aren't coated don't cause the ESC Board Components to Short out.
If the Drone Crashes into Salt Water, it's probably finished... If it's Fresh Water and you retrieve it quickly and get it dried thoroughly, there's a 50% Chance it didn't cause any Damage, or have issues in the Future... Possibly during Flight.
Your Best Bet is just don't Fly over water...;)

In my opinion, it's a waste of time... 1st it may cause some components to overheat... 2nd it won't work for the Motors, Retract Modules, Realsense & Camera... not to mention any other place it can't penetrate & coat. It may work if the Parts that aren't coated don't cause the ESC Board Components to Short out.
If the Drone Crashes into Salt Water, it's probably finished... If it's Fresh Water and you retrieve it quickly and get it dried thoroughly, there's a 50% Chance it didn't cause any Damage, or have issues in the Future... Possibly during Flight.
Your Best Bet is just don't Fly over water...;)
Maybe I will just have to make some type of canopy for the main flight controller and ESC board because the 550 frame I have everything in is really open and my main concern is getting caught in the rain when I'm out flying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy