Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus brand new.

The worst signal transmission/reception you can have occurs at the ends of omni antennas. The best is when oriented 90* to the signal source. Google depictions of antenna radiation patterns for some visual references.

Some of the RC signal loss can can be caused by hardware, not calibrating the sUAS can be an issue as well. The H+ stock antenna is solid in my opinion, but I’m flying mine with a Hawk Raptor antenna and the controller issue that I’m having are still evident, albeit it lesser than before, but has not gone away in some cases.

I strongly believe that the culprit is the firmware, because before the Build 757 it was worst (for me) I calibrate the H+ regularly, as well as my other drones, this has become a part of my pre-flight checklist.

The pros and cons of a firmware patch can either fix or cause the RC signal problems for some. For example, if you install the latest released Build and start having Rc signal loss. In this situation, the best thing to do is roll back to the earlier version. I’ve done this method several times and found that the Build 757 is by far the best current build. It’s not bullet proof, but doable, and make no mistake or confusion, I fly in urban locations.

The ST16s is a déjà vu from what I’ve experienced with my cendence remote controller (I sold it. Didn’t have enough patience) or the second gen Phantom. But DJI is quick to solve the problem. within weeks or a month. Other 3rd party developers has found a way to help solve DJI’s (connectivity) issue(s) but since Yuneec does not want to share their sdk or source codes it is hard for them to tackle issues if they remain inside a bubble.

Yuneec fan boys will probably chime in and say “Bro, DJI crashes a lot” DJI owns the market, we can’t deny the facts, they are selling world wide. And for a hobbyist or anyone that’s willing to settle for less from Yuneec is a pity, because Yuneec can do more and since the H+ has already rolled out and it did not live up to its hype, what Yuneec can do at this point is identify the problem quickly and support us with a patch to help us fly with confidence, but YUN CS solution is to bandaid the problem by giving a new drone if it flies away or crash under warranty that is all good and KUDOS! But, I don’t feel like crashing nor wants a fly away due to Yuneecs shortcomings.

Some will also chime in and say “I don’t have a problem” well good for you! Some of us don’t have a luxury of shooting pretty sunrise or sunsets or fly in a vast open field, where cows roam and the eagles fly. Some of us are urban “ninjas” we careless of the pretty cliches that only occurs in the perfect world. W E W A N T T O F L Y W I T H C O N F I D E N C E

How long does it take for the H+ to gain controller connectivity? The answer to that is, it takes as long to boil an egg.

The public are not jumping out of their seats and buying their drones. A simple consensus is via social media. YouTube postings, and Instagram. I bashed Yuneec on Instagram, it went viral and that got their attention (and my post on here got deleted. Sad)

My final two cents..... In a heartbeat, I will sell my H+ if DJI will come out with a pro consumer hex. A pro consumer BTW is used for both for hobbyist and commercial alike. But, since I presently own and fly a Yuneec product and from what I’ve stated somewhere in another thread, Yuneec has an open communication with me, but their call to action is at turtle mode. I do like flying the H+ because it’s a hex for a great price. My H+ is a good surveyor and inspector. The Plus to the H+ is.. You can’t go wrong with the mechanical aspects of a Hex drone. Bar none.

To solve the connectivity issue now and in the future. Patch it! And keep us “ninjas” flying with “confidence”

Thank you, bye now.

Reactions: Windluv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio