Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h plus issue with rth

He never stated what height it was set at, and what elevation he decided to turn it off ? I wonder if he didn't turn it off what would happen seeing the max altitude is what 1640, or so ? I'm not believing it would fly into outta space ?
Lol I just tried it today in an open golf course. I flew it 30 meters away at 30 meters high and flipped the RTH switch and away she went straight up and wouldn’t stop it went pass 400 then 500 then 600 and 700meters high I turned it off. That’s way pass it’s max height I’m just thinking if I loose connection of this thing it will fly straight up until battery dies then fall and kill someone

He never stated what height it was set at, and what elevation he decided to turn it off ? I wonder if he didn't turn it off what would happen seeing the max altitude is what 1640, or so ? I'm not believing it would fly into outta space ?
And with no camera you can’t set anything no heights or elevation witch it crap

Its been mentioned, and if you've responded and I missed it sorry but; what are the return to home settings as shown on the ST-16S screen?
Try take off your camera and then you’ll understand. With no camera go into your settings

Thanks for all of your opinions but I’m at the conclusion that this Hplus drone is useless without a camera and quite frankly straight up dangerous to fly if you were ever to loose connection ALOHA AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!?

The H Plus, is one of the most solid drones I have ever owned. When it first came out, I got mine and quickly found it was nothing like the 480. In addition there was many aspects that we found out (by trial and error) on our own. I have never tried to fly without camera so I never came up against this but it would seem that this is yet another aspect of the H Plus that is different from the 480 in that; some functions may not be operable without camera therefore, operations without camera is inadvisable as what you've experienced may not be the only aspect that doesn't work without one.

Curious; so I take it you bought a used H Plus with no camera?

Last edited:
The H Plus, is one of the most solid drones I have ever owned. When it first came out, I got mine and quickly found it was nothing like the 480. In addition there was many aspects that we found out (by trial and error) on our own. I have never tried to fly without camera so I never came up against this but it would seem that this is yet another aspect of the H Plus that is different from the 480 in that; some functions may not be operable without camera therefore, operations without camera is inadvisable as what you've experienced may not be the only aspect that doesn't work without one.

Curious; so I take it you bout a used H Plus with no camera?
No bought a used drone with camera. looks like camera fell off in flight because it’s bent and won’t turn on so No camera

No bought a used drone with camera. looks like camera fell off in flight because it’s bent and won’t turn on so No camera

Curious; so I take it you bout a used H Plus with no camera?
Only use drone for carrying and dropping baits out for fishing so the RTH is really important for fishing at night and dropping baits out at 1500 meters out and my 480 does in no problem carrying about 24ounces of weight. And once bait is dropped we just flip the RTH and she flys home. But not this Hplus omg this thing you can’t even see it and is so hard to fly back to you in the pitch black and you can’t see any off the lights because she’s tilting back at you. Flying out you can see the lights a little bit but coming back is ****

Your description of the camera does not give much hope, but is there enough of it left to power up and send the needed WIFI signal to get the version information?

Reactions: Oahu
Your description of the camera does not give much hope, but is there enough of it left to power up and send the needed WIFI signal to get the version information?
No the camera is broken and doesn’t even power on and is all bent. And without a camera drone is pretty much useless because I guess everything goes threw the camera. I thought you could set the RTH without it but seems like you can’t ? this was a good $1000 lesson for me lol

• Sad
Reactions: DoomMeister
And there is something else wrong. Simply removing the camera on my HPlus did not cause the flight problems you are seeing. That leads to considerable doubt replacing the camera will fix the issues. Your unit should probably be sent to a shop for evaluation. This one is going to be tough. You might want to contact John Mitchell (@Yuneec Skins) to discuss options. He's in California.

It's important to understand we do not currently know if you have a "Drone" problem or a "Controller" problem. Have you done a "Factory Data Reset" of the controller as recommended by @DoomMeister in post #8? That will clear out some possible firmware issues.
It would be great if you have a second ST16S controller available. If the Flight behavior is the same when flown by a different controller, it is a very helpful bit of information to tell which unit is really causing the problem.

Here is a video on the factory reset procedure for the ST16S controller for the H Plus.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge