Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h plus issue with rth

No the camera is broken and doesn’t even power on and is all bent. And without a camera drone is pretty much useless because I guess everything goes threw the camera. I thought you could set the RTH without it but seems like you can’t ? this was a good $1000 lesson for me lol
I know that with the H480 you can set the RTH limit with the GUI, have your tried to connect it to your PC and use the GUI?

Here is a video on the factory reset procedure for the ST16S controller for the H Plus.
Why would you guys tell me to install the data pilot app? What does this have to do with the return to home? There’s nothing wrong with the drone it fly’s perfectly flawless it’s just it has no RTH FUNCTION maybe when I hit the switch it thinks the remote is in the mainland or still in the air plane lol. I just thought you could set all that stuff without a camera like the older Yuneec products. But this is there new product that has all kind of problems and I’m going to say BYE BYE to this Hplus because just by watching videos about all this firmware and updates it’s totally not worth my time for what we use them for.

I’ve flown my 480 & 920 for about 4 years with none of this update stuff and firmware or resetting and erasing. I’ve never had a problem and this is flying without cameras from day one out of the box. Isn’t RTH default setting set out of the factory ??

Why would you guys tell me to install the data pilot app? What does this have to do with the return to home? There’s nothing wrong with the drone it fly’s perfectly flawless it’s just it has no RTH FUNCTION maybe when I hit the switch it thinks the remote is in the mainland or still in the air plane lol. I just thought you could set all that stuff without a camera like the older Yuneec products. But this is there new product that has all kind of problems and I’m going to say BYE BYE to this Hplus because just by watching videos about all this firmware and updates it’s totally not worth my time for what we use them for.
You have asked for help and a lot of people have spent their time offering to help you resolve your issue. Are you still wanting help or should we just now close this thread as it sounds like you no longer are wanting help?

You have asked for help and a lot of people have spent their time offering to help you resolve your issue. Are you still wanting help or should we just now close this thread as it sounds like you no longer are wanting help?
I would like some help but I’m pretty sure you can’t do anything without a camera so a factory reset would only make worse right because you can’t perform any types of calibrations without a camera.

I’m reading up on this GUI but I think it’s only for st16 not the s

No. There is no GUI for the H Plus.
No one asked you to reload data pilot, although that's not the worst idea in the world. You were asked to do a factory reset.
You have a couple of mind sets that are hindering any progress here. You have a defective H Plus kit. You are comparing it to a fully functional TH kit. There is no comparison between the two until the H Plus is fully functional.
You are convinced the problem is in the drone. It may or may not be. The RTH switch is on the controller. It sends a signal to the the drone. If it is sending an incorrect signal, the drone will respond accordingly. Hence the repeated requests to do a factory reset. Also, your kit may or may not be the original constituents of the kit. You may have a drone from one kit, and a controller from another. Had you ever posted the screenshot, we could at least see if you had one of the earlier versions of firmware on the controller that does not play well with later versions of firmware on the drone.
But, if as you said "it’s totally not worth my time for what we use them for", then it's not really worth our time either.
But yes, the default RTH is 65 ft.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I would like some help but I’m pretty sure you can’t do anything without a camera so a factory reset would only make worse right because you can’t perform any types of calibrations without a camera.
You can at least reset the controller . You had mentioned that you bought it used and it was crashed. If you reset it will put the RTH to factor. Who knows what it was set at when you got it.

Perhaps contact John @Yuneec Skins as he may have a camera or parts to repair your camera and get it working. He is a Vendor and trusted member on here.
The controller system and app are different that’s not right?

Attachments

• 067D9CF7-5E86-4E8F-825B-E229451D4B65.jpeg
    067D9CF7-5E86-4E8F-825B-E229451D4B65.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 17
So if I do a factory reset does anyone know how to connect to the drone? I did a factory reset and now there’s nothing no apps to fly or even connect the drone. Now it’s broken lol or I missed something

So if I do a factory reset does anyone know how to connect to the drone? I did a factory reset and now there’s nothing no apps to fly or even connect the drone. Now it’s broken lol or I missed something
No, you didn't miss anything, but that's not your problem. Your controller firmware is on a version that does not officially exist. Without doing some looking around, I assume it's a Beta or experimental version that has not been released. And your old APP was from Build 784.
Your best bet at this point is to do an SD card upgrade to Build 822. See Attachment 30 (SD Card Upgrade/Downgrade H Plus Firmware) of Way To Fix Drones project. Skip "Phase 1" of the attachment. You don't need it, and can't do it anyway. You just need to do Phase 2 and Phase 3 for the controller firmware and the APP. And all the stuff up front, of course.

No, you didn't miss anything, but that's not your problem. Your controller firmware is on a version that does not officially exist. Without doing some looking around, I assume it's a Beta or experimental version that has not been released. And your old APP was from Build 784.
Your best bet at this point is to do an SD card upgrade to Build 822. See Attachment 30 (SD Card Upgrade/Downgrade H Plus Firmware) of Way To Fix Drones project. Skip "Phase 1" of the attachment. You don't need it, and can't do it anyway. You just need to do Phase 2 and Phase 3 for the controller firmware and the APP. And all the stuff up front, of course.
How do I do a sad card upgrade

How do I do a sad card upgrade
Click on the link ‘Way to Fix Drones project’ and then follow the directions in the attachments @WTFDproject referred to in his last post.

Click on the link ‘Way to Fix Drones project’ and then follow the directions in the attachments @WTFDproject referred to in his last post.
Just did everything in the link and still nothing not a single thing there isn’t any apps to fly or connect a drone it’s as if the controller is only a iPad or something usually when you turn on remote it goes into that flight screen but now nothing. Really regretting doing this factory reset

Just did everything in the link and still nothing not a single thing there isn’t any apps to fly or connect a drone it’s as if the controller is only a iPad or something usually when you turn on remote it goes into that flight screen but now nothing. Really regretting doing this factory reset
Did phase 2 and 3 and still nothing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio