Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h plus issue with rth

Reaction score
When I hit the return to home on the st16s the drone just flies straight up into space. And I noticed I have no speed reading on remote but it’s moving really fast?

When I hit the return to home on the st16s the drone just flies straight up into space. And I noticed I have no speed reading on remote but it’s moving really fast?
Explain more. Are you hitting RTH when it is a distance away, or are you doing it when it just takes off or is already above you?

Explain more. Are you hitting RTH when it is a distance away, or are you doing it when it just takes off or is already above you?
Doesn’t matter I tried at 100 meters away and it flies straight up way pass 300 meters high and just keeps going until you turn off the RTH then it just hovers and you have to manually fly back

Doesn’t matter I tried at 100 meters away and it flies straight up way pass 300 meters high and just keeps going until you turn off the RTH then it just hovers and you have to manually fly back
Ok purchased drone off eBay and this is what you get I guess ?lesson learned don’t buy Used or refurbished drones. It flies nice and stable but doesn’t have any speed readings on remote just distance and height and when you try using the RTH function it literally just flies straight up and won’t stop until you cancel the RTH I’m dumbfounded. I own a h480 and a H920 and the RTH ALWAYS COMES TO YOU!

A new issue. At least to me.
But maybe not entirely. The HPlus has been known to demonstrate some odd behavior if the firmware versions of the three prime components are different.
Please start the drone, camera and controller, and post a screenshot of the firmware update screen.

I think (not certain) the telemetry on the HPlus actually comes through the camera first, and then to the controller via the camera's 5.8 Ghz signal. Maybe someone that actually knows could comment on that?

Also it would be good if someone knows if the RTH altitude setpoint is transmitted directly to the drone via 2.4Ghz or via the camera.

By the way, was the camera mounted and sending good video during all this?

Reactions: Oahu
On the H you can set RTH altitude on the remote. Probably here you can do the same?

OBS, RealSense - give more information about them.

About the eBay you aren't right. From the factory they're not better.

Just tried removing the camera while the drone was bound. The Return To Home setpoint changed from the actual setting to "0" feet. Returned to normal when I put the camera back on. Not sure if that has any bearing on what you saw, but were you flying without a camera, by any chance?

Also, apologies to any who read the misleading information originally provided in this post. That part of the post has been edited out.

Last edited:
I am going to suggest that after checking to see if the controller, camera, aircraft are all on the same version of firmware that the controller be reset and bound to a new model.

I am not certain, but I am sure that telemetry and commands are still through the 2.4GHz Zigbee RC connection with the 5.8GHz WiFi redundancy. The first couple of firmware versions never had the redundancy implemented.

I own all three Yuneec drones h480, hplus/520 and H920. Both the 480 and 920 fly perfect without cameras and the RTH works flawlessly. But the 520/plus doesn’t work at all and NO I don’t have a camera and yes I was flying with no camera because I don’t have one the one that came with the drone was smashed like it fell off during flight and seller lied about it.

Just tried removing the camera while the drone was bound. The Return To Home setpoint changed from the actual setting to "0" feet. Returned to normal when I put the camera back on. Not sure if that has any bearing on what you saw, but were you flying without a camera, by any chance?

Also, apologies to any who read the misleading information originally provided in this post. That part of the post has been edited out.
I don’t have a camera and don’t use the drone for photography. Only use drone for carrying out fishing baits at night so camera is useless anyway. Was just wondering if anyone would try flying your drone a few hundred meters away and see if your RTH function still works without camera would really help me out. Because if it needs the camera for RTH function to work will just give it to a friend who might be willing to buy a camera

I believe @davemh can answer that question about RTH with no camera on the H+.
It would really help if you would post a screen shot of the firmware update screen while bound to the aircraft as suggested by @WTFDproject. If versions are matched I would suggest doing a factory reset on the controller.

For diagnosis you can do:
- upload a ulg file (log from drone) to FlightReview and check the non-standard parameter.
- show us a tlog file from ST16. Show us the sensor file: There are also parameter settings in.

Maybe paramater or logs shows what the problem is.

Question to H Plus user: is there a menu to set standard parameter configuration?

FlightReview: Flight Review

br HE

Edit: Sorry, I remebered wrong - the sensor files of the H Plus do not contain parameter settings. You can only did out the ulog files from the drone.

Last edited:
I own all three Yuneec drones h480, hplus/520 and H920. Both the 480 and 920 fly perfect without cameras and the RTH works flawlessly. But the 520/plus doesn’t work at all and NO I don’t have a camera and yes I was flying with no camera because I don’t have one the one that came with the drone was smashed like it fell off during flight and seller lied about it.
You used the term "hplus/520". It is important which one. The H520 has a binding process on another page made especially for binding without a camera. Please clarify which we are working with.

I don’t have a camera and don’t use the drone for photography. Only use drone for carrying out fishing baits at night so camera is useless anyway. Was just wondering if anyone would try flying your drone a few hundred meters away and see if your RTH function still works without camera would really help me out. Because if it needs the camera for RTH function to work will just give it to a friend who might be willing to buy a camera
"Was just wondering if anyone would try flying your drone a few hundred meters away and see if your RTH function still works without camera would really help me out."
I'm not in a good location for distance flights, but I did do a couple brief flights. Both were only about 75 feet up. One was straight up, the other was same altitude, and about 40 yards out. Both without camera, of course. BOTH FLIGHTS WERE WITH AN HPLUS AND AN HPLUS ST16S. In both these cases, the RTL worked normally. The drone came back/descended, lowered it's landing gear, and landed as expected. I would need to do more flights at greater heights and distance to evaluate exactly what the machine is using for RTH height (I suspect it is using the 65 ft default), but these initial results suggest the absence of camera is NOT the issue. At least not if you are working with an HPlus and it's intended controller.

That leads us back to evaluating your firmware as the next logical step, and getting clarification of which drone/controller you are using.

He never stated what height it was set at, and what elevation he decided to turn it off ? I wonder if he didn't turn it off what would happen seeing the max altitude is what 1640, or so ? I'm not believing it would fly into outta space ?

It would really help if you would post a screen shot of the firmware update screen while bound to the aircraft as suggested by @WTFDproject. If versions are matched I would suggest doing a factory reset on the controller.
Sorry don’t really understand what you’re talking about so I can’t take a picture

What are you talking about? If what firmware matches? Controller and drone? It flys fine no problems at all just no RTH and no speed readings. And I do not have a camera

"Was just wondering if anyone would try flying your drone a few hundred meters away and see if your RTH function still works without camera would really help me out."
I'm not in a good location for distance flights, but I did do a couple brief flights. Both were only about 75 feet up. One was straight up, the other was same altitude, and about 40 yards out. Both without camera, of course. BOTH FLIGHTS WERE WITH AN HPLUS AND AN HPLUS ST16S. In both these cases, the RTL worked normally. The drone came back/descended, lowered it's landing gear, and landed as expected. I would need to do more flights at greater heights and distance to evaluate exactly what the machine is using for RTH height (I suspect it is using the 65 ft default), but these initial results suggest the absence of camera is NOT the issue. At least not if you are working with an HPlus and it's intended controller.

That leads us back to evaluating your firmware as the next logical step, and getting clarification of which drone/controller you are using.
How?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital