Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

Here is a non flying clip. A UK operator talking about the batteries of the aircraft and controller. Most already know the differences but I found the way he has made an external charge lead for the transmitter battery of interest since is is meant to only be charged in the ST16s.

More from our Spanish mountaineering chums, FuturDrone, with some technical insight in the description. Viewing only at 1080p60, I am again knocked out by the colour and detail - but I was distracted by moiré and smearing, especially in the shale faces of the mountain behind the extraordinary drilling (?) rig during what I assume were slow-motion sequences - and also in the grass during the car slo-mo.
I'm not seeing moire or smearing when viewed in 4k. The sky does not look as good as in the Fly-Videiom video. Also, I would not have emphasized the greens so much. But look how much better my friends the horses look when pulled from the 4k screen:[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Horses 4k.jpg
    Horses 4k.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: YuKay
Deepening the greens is what allowed the improved contrast for the yellows and the horses. There’s always gonna be a trade off. Those horses looked pretty durn good though. Composition wise, I liked how the angle maintained along the ridge made it look like half a mountain had been carved away to make a road.

HD or SHD, it looked very good.

Reactions: Rubik
@YuKay are you sure we aren't just seeing artifacts from the use of AUTO WB and AUTO exposure?
Possibly, Ron, but as I'm viewing on a temporary rig which is dropping frames at 1080p, I'm not in a good position to judge. Are you viewing at 4k? Rubik isn't seeing these artifacts at full res.

Possibly, Ron, but as I'm viewing on a temporary rig which is dropping frames at 1080p, I'm not in a good position to judge. Are you viewing at 4k? Rubik isn't seeing these artifacts at full res.

I’m viewing these on my 27” 5K iMac at the resolution provided. I’m still a bit of a noob though when it comes to analyzing video from YouTube.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing moire or smearing when viewed in 4k. The sky does not look as good as in the Fly-Videiom video. Also, I would not have emphasized the greens so much. But look how much better my friends the horses look when pulled from the 4k screen:
[/QUOTE]
Very pleased to hear that. But neither Ron nor I are being offered the 4k version so you are the lucky one! Where did you find it?

Sometimes I have to reset my resolution settings to 4K on my monitor first... (I'm usually running at 1080, if not viewing 4K) before I go to the specific video on YouTube... then it will give me 4K as an available resolution.

Sometimes I have to reset my resolution settings to 4K on my monitor first... (I'm usually running at 1080, if not viewing 4K) before I go to the specific video on YouTube... then it will give me 4K as an available resolution.
Yes, what he said.
3840x2160x60fps was available but my internet connection was struggling to play 60fps without stopping frequently to catch up. It might be smoother at night (West coast time).

A (flawed, imho) offering from Italy.
Interesting video. It appears from the opening sequence that they have two TH+ and one H520 to play with. Since both TH+ are in some of the views, we may be getting some H520 shots also. I agree that they could have done better with the settings. Great place to fly.

The wide angle lens distortion is deplorable. Thus far the 1” sensor CGO4 at 16mp and 30fps provides a much better image. The C23 may well provide more brilliant color but it falls down hard with distortion. Considering it’s competing with drones at half the price providing less distortion this needs to be fixed post haste. At this price point a bent image is not something customers should have to deal with.

BTW, I got an email from Terrestrial Imaging to pre-order the H Plus with RS today - $1899. Looks like the bird will officially ship July/August in the US. That gives Yuneec 1-2 months to sort out things and for us to learn more about the bird from pilots around the world.

BTW, I got an email from Terrestrial Imaging to pre-order the H Plus with RS today - $1899. Looks like the bird will officially ship July/August in the US. That gives Yuneec 1-2 months to sort out things and for us to learn more about the bird from pilots around the world.
I'm waiting to see the option without the RealSense. I don't want to pay for something I won't use.

I understand. I have RS on one of my H and it defintely wasn't worth what I paid for it as I use it VERY rarely.

The new RS is rumored to have faster processing skills but if that's it I certainly won't be interested. I haven't seen any specs on the new RS. Then again, all we've seen so far on the H Plus is skeletal documentation.

Personally, I have never used Yuneec obstacle detection systems (RS or others), and I do not like the drone to take the initiative of RTH for example at the end of the battery. I try to be responsible according to the environment.
Human first
Cameraman after

@PatR Do you mean the bend on the horizon?

Not just the horizon, but the bending/rolling of the sides of the image as well. Classic example of a fish eye lens. Sure, it can all be corrected in post but it should not be there, especially with a semi pro camera rig.

Does the H520 suffer from this as well?

Is it something that is easily cured in camera through software?

I will not pull the trigger until that lens correction has been applied to this bird. On another note, the 520 has been out for about 9 months, right? So has UltraX or anyone else released their version of these HV lipos yet for 520/H+ yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight