Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

There's no question that this is a CAMERA drone!!! The 4K video is excellent. Its what videographers and photogs have been waiting for from Yuneec. Now.... if the glitches are minimal it will sell and sell well.

Agree, no question about it! It will stand alone as one of the most versatile 1 Inch camera UAVs when one considers what this affords as a video/photo platform. The fact that it has the retractable gear, 360 gimbal and Hopefully allow for a team operation, it'll be a winner. Its interesting to watch these early videos come out with mixed camera views and most peoples "A" or ground camera is the weak link in the image chain. Really stunning footage coming out of that C23.

If you want, you can download 2 files, 1 in 4K 50p, and the other in 4k 25p with a slow motion of 50%

link: https://we.tl/76CrNRGmB2

I viewed both on my 27" 5K iMac..... gorgeous!!! I saw no anomalies in the playback with Apple's QuickTime Player. I'm loving the details, colors and the clouds indeed look like big cotton balls. The C23 rocks!!!

I viewed both on my 27" 5K iMac..... gorgeous!!! I saw no anomalies in the playback with Apple's QuickTime Player. I'm loving the details, colors and the clouds indeed look like big cotton balls. The C23 rocks!!!
I'm not lucky enough to have a 5K, but I trust you.
The video has no editing, just a project at normal speed to 50P (I should have done the 60 for you) and a project at 25P to apreciate the slow motion.
The sheets make it easy to detect flow defects, etc.

For straight out of the camera that’s pretty dang good.

I’m also impressed as so far it appears as though Yuneec paired this sensor with a good lens.

For straight out of the camera that’s pretty dang good.

I’m also impressed as so far it appears as though Yuneec paired this sensor with a good lens.

Absolutely, I do not know if you just compared these 2 images from the DNG and ARW, but in the corners, this C23 is superior to the RX100 IV, certainly it is a telephoto lens, but there is no defaults.

link 2 images from the DNG and ARW: YUN_0005_1.jpg and 1 more file

I did compare the 2 images. Some differences in color rendition between them but nothing that isn't easily handled in post. DNG RAW files might eliminate color differences. The biggest difference in the corners is the "key stoning" with the Sony. As you say, you kind of expect that with a zoom even if Leica designed and made it. If the C23 sensor is the same as the RX100 IV then it should be pretty good in low level light. Sunrise/sunset photos and videos should be dramatically better than what we get with the TH 480.

Sony is clearly the leader in sensor tech for still and video cameras until you hit the stratosphere where the Red camera systems exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver
I did compare the 2 images. Some differences in color rendition between them but nothing that isn't easily handled in post. DNG RAW files might eliminate color differences. The biggest difference in the corners is the "key stoning" with the Sony. As you say, you kind of expect that with a zoom even if Leica designed and made it. If the C23 sensor is the same as the RX100 IV then it should be pretty good in low level light. Sunrise/sunset photos and videos should be dramatically better than what we get with the TH 480.

Sony is clearly the leader in sensor tech for still and video cameras until you hit the stratosphere where the Red camera systems exist.
Yes ! well summarized

wonder if they sell the c23 camera by itself. from what I am reading I would like to transplant the sensor and the lens to the e90 if all possible.

Most of it looks over saturated and at times like it might be in AUTO WB and exposure. Just my initial thoughts and I could be wrong.

That’s why everyone uses Sony sensors, including Canon. Their new mirrorless cameras will be using Sony sensors as well.

I wasn’t aware that Canon had capitulated with regards to sensors. I’ve got a lot of Canon glass that I acquired over the last 18 years.

I’ve been shooting Fuji X cameras with Sony sensors for the last 4 years or so and I see no reason to return to Canon.

Panasonic does too. I suppose if you want to make high end cameras that produce great results you choose the parts that will let them do it.

I’ve got a couple of Fuji cameras I’ve been using since 2006. I still use them and have never had reason to fault what they’ve delivered. Robust little buggers that managed to survive some pretty tough environments. One of them shoots darn good macros.

Last edited:
My Fuji X-T2 has features I’ve not seen on other cameras that I find a real boon for the photography I do. They’ve also just added F-log for video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn