Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

Looks pretty good, but I can see some digital artifacts in 4K particularly in that pan of the warehouse from 0:28 to 0:36...
I'm not seeing any digital artifacts on my 4k monitor. Can you be more specific as to where in the scene? The pan was a bit too fast and the ambient light was low. I'm impressed with the video.

I'm not seeing any digital artifacts on my 4k monitor. Can you be more specific as to where in the scene? The pan was a bit too fast and the ambient light was low. I'm impressed with the video.

During the pan you can see a slight digital wobble in the roof and building... slow the playback to 50% and it becomes easily discernible... I think it's simply the same digital breakup that is seen with many cameras at faster pan speeds... it's subtle, but if only because of a microSD at a slower write speed, an easily correctable artifact... for a camera with a 60 fps top speed, I'd think that pan would have been more fluid. But it also could be the usual digital choppiness with higher shutter speeds... again not specified in the video. If same specs, will ND filters for the E90 fit the C23? We'll have to wait for that answer.

The best we can hope, is that people posting will provide all relevant info, so we can make a reasonable judgement of this camera's true capabilities, both photographically as well as a video platform.

Last edited:
I saw that but FPS is not the same as shutter speed in my understanding. Typically I set shutter speed at twice the FPS in the video settings.

I saw that but FPS is not the same as shutter speed in my understanding. Typically I set shutter speed at twice the FPS in the video settings.
Fair enough. Your question was about shutter speed, not frame rate. You could post the question to Copter Eu on YT.

So, first things first... I do not shoot the messenger, so obviously none of this is directed @YuKay since this is 3rd party footage.

Looks pretty good, but I can see some digital artifacts in 4K particularly in that pan of the warehouse from 0:28 to 0:36...

I only hope that as more of these videos come out, that more information is disseminated that plays into the quality of the final video...

What were the video settings... resolution, frame rate, color balance, exposure (either manual settings or a least any notation of EV value settings), speed of the card written to... etcetera.

For instance, in the example above I'd be willing to bet that with that big pipe of data needed for a 20MB camera, that a V60 card is going to prove necessary to minimize that artifact above. But without knowing that information, it's all a guess, right?
I meant "good" as in "useful" because the footage was in 4k, of yardstick subject matter and looked to me to be competently shot. Youtube compression presumably adds artifacts so hopefully someone will make some original footage available for download.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Answering an earlier question about the difference between the E90 and C23 - my understanding is that it's the same hardware, but the cameras run different firmware. I'm led to believe the flight controller firmware on the plus is not the same as the H520 - developed by different teams. That means that the controllers are not compatible, but I've yet to get confirmation if any particular combination works. The Typhoon H version of the C23 may be running yet another different version of the firmware to be compatible with the Typhoon H controller.

I'd hesitate to judge the C23 video quality from a YouTube video - you don't know what conditions it was filmed under, what the video editor did to it and what YouTube has done when it was uploaded (as they transcode to different formats). You can get an idea for colour rendition (assuming no edits were made), and lens quality/distortion, but everything else is up for grabs.

I'd hesitate to judge the C23 video quality from a YouTube video - you don't know what conditions it was filmed under, what the video editor did to it and what YouTube has done when it was uploaded (as they transcode to different formats). You can get an idea for colour rendition (assuming no edits were made), and lens quality/distortion, but everything else is up for grabs.

Absolutely agree... the factors you mention throw in a whole new layer of potential questions of what was originally there and what was not...

Last edited:
Perhaps they’ll see the error of their ways and return a numerical voltage choice in a future update. Apple figured that one out a long time ago.
I totally agree. The numerical value is a must!!
I can’t see getting used to a bar graph for battery depletion especially on a long flight. Let’s hope it can somehow be changed in settings

Reactions: PatR and rdonson
All that is true but for me what really stood out for me was beautiful, rich detail. It was much better looking 4K video that I get out of my CGO3+.

Hello,
Here is a link to download the original comparative photos between the Sony C23 and the RX100 IV. Those are static photos, taken at the same place and at the same time, with a cloudy weather, then a thinning. The settings are in auto in the 2 cases, with the C23 in "Picture mode": normal, and the "metering" in center.
There is also a 4K 60p static video of the C23 that goes from thinning to overcast weather.

link: https://we.tl/tEGIASecri

upload_2018-6-13_16-55-36.png

upload_2018-6-13_16-55-53.png

Reactions: Rubik
Yes, Ron. I did notice the moiré effects but would hope to find that they weren't created in the camera. But I was blown away by the rich colours and details all the way from front to back, even in the gathering gloom.

BTW, we started getting into the video analysis above, and I missed pointing out one of the specs of interest, in the photographic end of things...

Max photo resolution as noted in the manual... 3:2, 5472×3648

back to a true 35mm aspect ratio... :)

Reactions: Rubik and rdonson
BTW, we started getting into the video analysis above, and I missed pointing out one of the specs of interest, in the photographic end of things...

Max photo resolution as noted in the manual... 3:2, 5472×3648

back to a true 35mm aspect ratio... :)
Just enough for a magazine double page spread - if any are still being printed.

So to sum up - I own an H520 with 16S and E90 but want the autonomous flight modes and Real Sense offered on the H+. Should I sell my set up or hope that the E90 and 16S will work with a H Plus airframe? Or is too early to know?

So to sum up - I own an H520 with 16S and E90 but want the autonomous flight modes and Real Sense offered on the H+. Should I sell my set up or hope that the E90 and 16S will work with a H Plus airframe? Or is too early to know?

See @Tuna 's post on this

Typhoon H Plus

Hello,
Here is a link to download the original comparative photos between the Sony C23 and the RX100 IV. Those are static photos, taken at the same place and at the same time, with a cloudy weather, then a thinning. The settings are in auto in the 2 cases, with the C23 in "Picture mode": normal, and the "metering" in center.
There is also a 4K 60p static video of the C23 that goes from thinning to overcast weather.

link: https://we.tl/tEGIASecri

View attachment 9909

View attachment 9910
WOW!

I spent a bit of time viewing these files on my 4k monitor. I've always been impressed with the quality of photos from my RX100 Mk2 but the C23 might be as good or better.

The .jpg files from the C23 were way over-sharpened but had better dynamic range (detail visible in bright sky and dark shadows). The raw files had very similar detail but again, the C23 had slightly better dynamic range (adjusting exposure to match), less fisheye distortion and less chromatic aberration at the edges.

The video file from C23 was good, if a bit dull colors. You could even pick out the water spray in the fountains! I'm impressed. Next, I want see CGO3+ vs C23 side-by-side comparisons. Thanks for posting this, Oliver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn