Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

It’s not just you, Ty!

The more you guys are chatting, the more I am feeling the need, rather than the want!

My lovely bride has a finely tuned and practiced method of letting me know my wants are not necessarily needs. I think I will keep these conversations to myself for awhile.

[emoji41]

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
I definitely like what I see. I'm also going to cautiously wait until 2019 so that all the wrinkles are ironed out and you guys are still delighted with the new bird.

Here is a video that has just been posted by a Plus owner - it is in Spanish I think, but there is a lot of footage from the camera, it looks amazing.

Thanks for posting this, and muchas gracias to the uploader. The detail and vibrant colour leave me (almost) speechless and stupidly happy. I have viewed hundreds of videos from numerous drones and this is, for me, the best…the rich, deep colours are just sensational and this stunning landscape just looks real! It makes all the other drone camera footage I have seen look thin and washed out. This is the only clip I have ever seen which would not look out of place spliced straight into a Hollywood movie. Hey, grass is green! Who knew?

Moiré still evident, eg. in the foreground grass as the craft picks up speed from approx 4m in, but I assume it's not in the raw footage.

I was about 24 hours away from buying an H at half the price but now happy to wait for the RS Plus in July, which will sleep with me.

It’s not just you, Ty!

The more you guys are chatting, the more I am feeling the need, rather than the want!

My lovely bride has a finely tuned and practiced method of letting me know my wants are not necessarily needs. I think I will keep these conversations to myself for awhile.

[emoji41]

Jeff

Mine too . . . except in this case, I have an advantage; all of my flying efforts go directly into her business - how can she not want me er, US to have this new Camera Bird :D, after all (I will tell/sell her), it will take pictures that will rival our older DSLR's plus, we can start doing some video work. Win Win.

Well that is IF we get to the point where this thing looks like its worth owning. The camera hoop has been jumped through, Yuneec just has a few more. :cool:

Hello,
I returned from my first flight tests. I am very happy with the performance and behavior of the machine. There is a huge improvement over the Typhoon H, especially in terms of progressiveness (to make cool tracking shots, but at variable speed) and silence, impressive. Video side, it's great with the 4K 50p, the horizon is still straight and if you put the sport mode, it's going fast, very fast. The weather was semi-overcast with a little wind. The images are always stable. On the other hand, pay attention to the acceleration fulgurante because one can see the propellers before the camera does not catch the angle.
Regarding the autonomy, 20'30 '' with a lot of acceleration and braking, history to test the reliability of this copy, that with HV batteries. With those of the Typhoon H, I fell to 19 'in pretty much the same conditions.
The battery alarm starts at 25/26% (4 to 5 messages) with a mandatory and automatic setting to 20/21%. Once installed, the measured voltage was 14.80 volts on the HV batteries and the normal ones.

Photo just after automatic laying, voltage 14.8 volts
upload_2018-6-14_18-39-48.png

upload_2018-6-14_18-46-8.png

Hello,
I returned from my first flight tests. I am very happy with the performance and behavior of the machine. There is a huge improvement over the Typhoon H, especially in terms of progressiveness (to make cool tracking shots, but at variable speed) and silence, impressive. Video side, it's great with the 4K 50p, the horizon is still straight and if you put the sport mode, it's going fast, very fast. The weather was semi-overcast with a little wind. The images are always stable. On the other hand, pay attention to the acceleration fulgurante because one can see the propellers before the camera does not catch the angle.
Regarding the autonomy, 20'30 '' with a lot of acceleration and braking, history to test the reliability of this copy, that with HV batteries. With those of the Typhoon H, I fell to 19 'in pretty much the same conditions.
The battery alarm starts at 25/26% (4 to 5 messages) with a mandatory and automatic setting to 20/21%. Once installed, the measured voltage was 14.80 volts on the HV batteries and the normal ones.

Photo just after automatic laying, voltage 14.8 volts
View attachment 9920

View attachment 9921
That's an impressive flight time, especially on the TH batteries. This bird must be more efficient than the good-old TH. I'm surprised you punished the batteries like that.

Thank you for posting this information. I see the "T" at the bottom of the first screen shot, is that a flight Time of 19:04?
Yes, and with a lot of acceleration in every way.
between the% and the time of flight, if I had to make a choice, to have some security, I will fly at maximum 16 to 17 minutes (slow flight) and at 28% I start to return from myself because I do not like not its automatic landings that do not take into account the environment.

Last edited:
That's an impressive flight time, especially on the TH batteries. This bird must be more efficient than the good-old TH. I'm surprised you punished the batteries like that.
you have to test the equipment to its limits (14.8 volts is good) ;)

Yes, and with a lot of acceleration in every way.
between the% and the time of flight, if I had to make a choice, to have some security, I will fly at maximum 16 to 17 minutes (slow flight) and at 28% I start to return from myself because I do not like not its automatic landings that do not take into account the environment.

Very promising indeed. Here's to hoping you put on many more successful flights.

Reactions: oliver
I asked US Customer Support about retrofitting the C23 to the Typhoon H and the ActionCam/SteadyGrip. Here's their response:

media.nl

Update for Case 107754 - "Typhoon H Plus"
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Yuneec! Due to the heavy weight of the C23 camera, it is not supported on the original Typhoon H at this time. While it is possible that firmware may be developed for it in the future for backwards-compatibility, flight times would be reduced significantly, and we have no information on this at this time. There are no plans at this time to make the C23 compatible with the existing SteadyGrip, although this may happen in the future. If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
Thank you,
Mitch M
Technical Support | Yuneec USA
2275 Sampson Ave, Ste 200
Corona, CA 92879
T: 844-898-6332
www.yuneec.com

For your information, the original battery of classic Typhoon H consumed 4560 mAh for 5400 mAh of capacity (14.8 volts after the landing)

Reactions: rdonson
I asked US Customer Support about retrofitting the C23 to the Typhoon H and the ActionCam/SteadyGrip. Here's their response:

media.nl

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Yuneec! Due to the heavy weight of the C23 camera, it is not supported on the original Typhoon H at this time. While it is possible that firmware may be developed for it in the future for backwards-compatibility, flight times would be reduced significantly, and we have no information on this at this time. There are no plans at this time to make the C23 compatible with the existing SteadyGrip, although this may happen in the future. If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
Thank you,
Mitch M
Technical Support
| Yuneec USA
Corona, CA 92879
www.yuneec.com
Bummer!

media.nl

Hello,
Thank you,
Mitch M
Technical Support
| Yuneec USA
Corona, CA 92879
www.yuneec.com

I thought Yuneec previously shared two different part numbers for the C23. One for the H+ and one for the H.

I can understand that offering a C23 for the H now might bite into H+ sales but I wish they had a consistent story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn