Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

Regarding the compass on the ST16s: assuming the same as the H520, it shows the attitude (heading) of the H+.

It replaces the green arrow. By knowing which direction the craft is facing, disorientation should be minimized.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

I would love to see an option to incorporate the green arrow, if the pilot so desires.

Reactions: oliver
Thank you @oliver for confirming the ST-16S screen brightness :)

Two questions when you have the opportunity to fly with the H+... since it is not specified in the manual [OMG, what a shock]... What percentage initiates the low battery warning? Does a fully charged battery show on ST-16S as 100%?

Reactions: PatR
Thank you @oliver for confirming the ST-16S screen brightness :)

Two questions when you have the opportunity to fly with the H+... since it is not specified in the manual [OMG, what a shock]... What percentage initiates the low battery warning? Does a fully charged battery show on ST-16S as 100%?
For now I can not fly (rain), but I would raise this value for you as soon as possible.

Dropping the actual battery voltage display was a terrible mistake. If you can’t view your battery voltage you cannot estimate rate of depletion. Percentage depictions can only be accurate when a percentage precisely aligns with an actual voltage level.

This change in voltage display has a lot of negative influence in my decision making process.

I agree a dual indicator with voltage and percentage would have been best... also interesting that in the manual it specifies the storage level as 30-50%... only in the battery precautions in the appendix does it caution on discharging below 3.0V per cell.

Reactions: rdonson
I purchased my H Plus today and noticed the camera is "C23". It looks like the E90 and the specs seem similar. Does anyone know the peculiars of the new camera designation, and is it the same as the E90, or how is it different.

Many thanks!

It has been posted previously, the C23 would be the H+ version of the E90. That's all we can go on until we can compare specs. They may be out there (the specs) ... just sayin' since I have tried to do a comparison, and you asked, Mac!

A search of C23 might pull up some more discussions and perhaps more specific details.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!
I'll continue to try to run down any differences and report findings back to the forum. I have/will have both camera's once the H+ arrives. I'm also wondering if the camera is interchangeable with the H520.

Thanks again!

Thanks Jeff!
I'll continue to try to run down any differences and report findings back to the forum. I have/will have both camera's once the H+ arrives. I'm also wondering if the camera is interchangeable with the H520.

Thanks again!
There are two versions of the C23 - YUNC23EU which is the camera that ships with the H Plus and YUNTYHC23EU which is offered as an accessory for the standard H. I can't tell you what the differences are but would wager that one of them is interchangeable with the H520.

From the published specs, I can't see any difference between the C23 and the E90. However, the just-released H Plus manual states that the C23 weighs 12.3oz (275g) whereas the spec above lists it at 350g which is odd…unless the manual is excluding the weight of the gimbal.

Thanks YuKay. Looks pretty good. Any chance of getting some video of flat horizons and slow/fast pans?

I agree a dual indicator with voltage and percentage would have been best... also interesting that in the manual it specifies the storage level as 30-50%... only in the battery precautions in the appendix does it caution on discharging below 3.0V per cell.

Perhaps they’ll see the error of their ways and return a numerical voltage choice in a future update. Apple figured that one out a long time ago.

45secs of good footage from copter.eu:

So, first things first... I do not shoot the messenger, so obviously none of this is directed @YuKay since this is 3rd party footage.

Looks pretty good, but I can see some digital artifacts in 4K particularly in that pan of the warehouse from 0:28 to 0:36...

I only hope that as more of these videos come out, that more information is disseminated that plays into the quality of the final video...

What were the video settings... resolution, frame rate, color balance, exposure (either manual settings or a least any notation of EV value settings), speed of the card written to... etcetera.

For instance, in the example above I'd be willing to bet that with that big pipe of data needed for a 20MB camera, that a V60 card is going to prove necessary to minimize that artifact above. But without knowing that information, it's all a guess, right?

Perhaps they’ll see the error of their ways and return a numerical voltage choice in a future update. Apple figured that one out a long time ago.

Does the 520 only show a percentage icon?

So, first things first... I do not shoot the messenger, so obviously none of this is directed @YuKay since this is 3rd party footage.

Looks pretty good, but I can see some digital artifacts in 4K particularly in that pan of the warehouse from 0:28 to 0:36...

I only hope that as more of these videos come out, that more information is disseminated that plays into the quality of the final video...

What were the video settings... resolution, frame rate, color balance, exposure (either manual settings or a least any notation of EV value settings), speed of the card written to... etcetera.

For instance, in the example above I'd be willing to bet that with that big pipe of data needed for a 20MB camera, that a V60 card is going to prove necessary to minimize that artifact above. But without knowing that information, it's all a guess, right?

Hmmmm.... I can only summon up 1080p 30 on YouTube.

EaglesEye,

I can assure you that with just the 16mpxl, 1” sensor, high bit rate with the CGO-4 a V60 card is necessary. Less capable cards mess stuff up.

Not connect speed, Pat (200M down speed). It was the monitor. I moved to my 5K monitor and looking at it there now in 4K.

Last edited:
Thanks YuKay. Looks pretty good. Any chance of getting some video of flat horizons and slow/fast pans?
YuKay's video looks good, especially for the low ambient light. Horizon is near the top of the screen and has slight curvature. It's pretty subtle. I could live with that. It could be corrected in post resulting in some trimming of image around the edges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Runs_With_Scissors