Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro w/ ST-16 Issue with Play Store App

Authorized or recommended? Unauthorized apps? Like UAVToolbox? Also I may have missed the listing of authorized and unauthorized apps, where is it located? Lastly, authorized by Yuneec or Google. So many questions, so few actual answers. Lack of judgement? I answered the question with knowledge I thought was relevant. Is there a recommended list? Or is it an authorized list? Is it from Google for there OS? From Yuneec? Or from this forum?
What.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DCH
This is all about Yuneec and the authorizations from them as the manufacturer. And, yes UAV Toolbox is a Yuneec authorized app. If you want confirmation, contact Yuneec...
And you don't need PlayStore (or its invasive permissions) to get it, it can be downloaded with your computer and installed on the ST16.

That's what I said " side load". And I will contact Yuneec and ask for a list of Authorized third party apps since none was supplied.

I have the Typhoon H with the St16 controller. Hmm, the St16 is an Android tablet. Wrong! It is a touchscreen flight controller. I wanted a tablet so I went to eBay for a deal. My controller is not my tablet. This cannot be stressed strenuously enough. Our H's, whatever version, are heavy enough to cause serious harm to a person, or damage to property. This is besides the loss of your craft. People need to respect their equipment enough to maintain it in the condition that Yuneec provides it. Yuneec will provide updates, the App store or side-loading app should never be done. I for one would not want to be responsible for hurting anyone or any animal due to negligence on my part.?

Sorry, as a tech who understands computer functions, I have some pretty strong opinions on this.
Happy and safe flying to all!

My apologies, I should have said an Android OS operating on a device with an integrated 7" touch screen or controller. As for the side loading I do disagree. I have a couple of apps I use. None for flying except UAVToolbox which was recommended by this forum.

Not trying to be argumentative here, more out of curiosity... what apps do you find so important that they must live on the ST-16 and not on a separate phone/tablet?

Must is an interesting word. I'm pretty sure I didn't use it. Not have I used authorized, mandatory, recommend. I don't have my controller in front of me, but I have UAV toolbox that I use. I also use x-plore file explorer. I also used the document editor to peak at the data stored on the ST-16. I have installed other apps such as datapilot, pix4d, precisionhawk to see what info if any I could gather from these apps and the data they collected. I also fly a DJI and it's nice to have one device to store and access your data. I never said you should be snapchatting while flying, just how to place an app on the accessible Androids desktop within the controller. Maybe some can discover some useful information to be shared.

Oh, and tried using Typhoon H Flight Planner on Chrome to see if I could incorporate it on one device.

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_150523.jpg
    IMG_20190127_150523.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Must is an interesting word. I'm pretty sure I didn't use it. Not have I used authorized, mandatory, recommend. I don't have my controller in front of me, but I have UAV toolbox that I use. I also use x-plore file explorer. I also used the document editor to peak at the data stored on the ST-16. I have installed other apps such as datapilot, pix4d, precisionhawk to see what info if any I could gather from these apps and the data they collected. I also fly a DJI and it's nice to have one device to store and access your data. I never said you should be snapchatting while flying, just how to place an app on the accessible Androids desktop within the controller. Maybe some can discover some useful information to be shared.
:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech