Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H props

Reaction score
I just transitioned from hobbyist to doing some pretty decent video work which requires keeping more propellers in hand than I’m used too... I have not had an issue with the $11 aftermarket packs from ebay, but everything is showing arrival mid May. Is there a local store in the states I can order them from ? (Yuneec or off brand)?

I just transitioned from hobbyist to doing some pretty decent video work which requires keeping more propellers in hand than I’m used too... I have not had an issue with the $11 aftermarket packs from ebay, but everything is showing arrival mid May. Is there a local store in the states I can order them from ? (Yuneec or off brand)?
Take my advice and do not buy aftermarket props. Usually they are not made from the same material as branded which is designed to break on purpose to save arms and engines. They are also balanced where the aftermarket are not.

Take my advice and do not buy aftermarket props. Usually they are not made from the same material as branded which is designed to break on purpose to save arms and engines. They are also balanced where the aftermarket are not.

I totally agree. I once tried aftermarket props sold/made by XCSource and the result were two mayor incidents. Both times a prop broke into pieces midair. The first time the H entered five rotor mode and I was able to land safely. The second time the broken propeller hit another one which broke as well. With two rotors lost in the back the H descended very fast and crushed the camera. Both times I was only hovering or slowly moving forward while maintaining altitude. I have also balanced the propellers since they were horrible when I first got them.

Since all of the propellers feel and look identical, I would not consider buying any propellers other than the OEM parts or maybe the carbon fibre propellers made by MayTech.

I totally agree. I once tried aftermarket props sold/made by XCSource and the result were two mayor incidents. Both times a prop broke into pieces midair. The first time the H entered five rotor mode and I was able to land safely. The second time the broken propeller hit another one which broke as well. With two rotors lost in the back the H descended very fast and crushed the camera. Both times I was only hovering or slowly moving forward while maintaining altitude. I have also balanced the propellers since they were horrible when I first got them.

Since all of the propellers feel and look identical, I would not consider buying any propellers other than the OEM parts or maybe the carbon fibre propellers made by MayTech.
Whats the advantage of carbon fibre, is it solely the weight ?

I live in Holland.
And I never used afther marked props, becourse the are not from the good matterial.
Once i buyed a set off cheap props, but afther only 4 flights, one broke in midair...luckely can this drone come home whitout 5 props, so no trubble further...
Use only Yuneec props for the health off your beautifull instrument!
Nice flights and keep healthy!

The advantage of CF is that they are less flexible and last longer than plastic. The major disadvantages are they usually require balancing and if you have a mishap while using them they stay intact and the motors, arms, and frame take the brunt of the damage.

Recommended not to use carbon fibre props. They will take your finger off. H props, as stated by Doom,other things will break. I am waiting for props lso,just for spares. Ordered what I think are OEM props but now I not so sure?? How do we tell when we are in search buy process. I know 10 bucks is not gonna cut it but higher prices on internet are common nowadays. also our popular suppliers are all out. Keith C.

I will NEVER again use after-market props for my drones. It was my experience that the Typhoon H did not have the same air stability using after-market. Threw them away. Never again.

Sure, go ahead and get those "aftermarket" props from some Chinese seller on ebay, sure fire way to get ready to lose your H in midflight, when one or 2 of those props suddenly bust on you., then you can kiss your H bye bye.
They may look like the real deal, they're not. Do not trust anything unless they say OEM (as in "genuine" Yuneec) and have the Yuneec imprint on the propeller.
The aftermarket props are always made of a lesser quality plastic. The plastic is softer and more pliant than the genuine Yuneec labeled props. Aftermarket props will have NO identifying marks on them!
Saving a few bucks on aftermarket props will make for an expensive "gamble", I can speak from experience regarding this.
So , the advice is "DON'T DO IT!" Cancel the order and get yer $$ back & look for "genuine" Yuneec typhoon props.

The advantage of CF is that they are less flexible and last longer than plastic. The major disadvantages are they usually require balancing and if you have a mishap while using them they stay intact and the motors, arms, and frame take the brunt of the damage.
Thanx, was wondering what it was all about, so its safe to say its a disadvantage ? I balance my yuneec props if needed, some do, some dont ?

Thanx, I had gotten a set from him, cause I needed the box for the backpack. I was asking what the difference was with the carbon fibre props ?

Like the other member said.
If you use carbon fiber you
Risk damaging the motors
Or an arm if you hit something.
Keith

Thanx, I had gotten a set from him, cause I needed the box for the backpack. I was asking what the difference was with the carbon fibre props ?

Having done quite a lot of propeller testing with RC airplanes, military drones, and multirotors there’s a lot of different things than can make a prop good or bad. For now I’ll focus on carbon fiber.

Carbon fiber is rigid, and when laid up to adequate thickness at the blade and hub significantly reduces flexing and twist of the blade under thrust load. All propellers flex to some extent but the amount can run from very little to so much the propeller ends up shaped more like a cone under load.

The benefit of less flex is that more if the rotational energy is converted to thrust. The propeller diameter is maintained at it’s original size. When a propeller flexes the blades move forwards and inwards, changing functional diameter. Under normal use conditions diameter equates to thrust while pitch controls speed.

Another affect of prop “coning” with electric motors is energy efficiency, and it manifests on two fronts. A prop that flexes too much produces less thrust for the energy used to turn it. Personal testing with larger multirotors has demonstrated that a flexible prop requires more amperage to obtain thrust similar to a more rigid prop. IOW, the flexible prop has to turn faster. For example, using Tarot and Tiger Motor 15” props on the same multirotor established that more flexible Tarot carbon props pulled 135 Amps for a lift off and climb to 20’ while the Tiger props pulled only 78 Amps. That difference greatly impacts flight time with a battery.

So all the above would suggest carbon is better, yes? The right answer is both yes and no. If your aircraft is designed well carbon can work well. However, and aircraft built to minimum standards can easily break when a carbon blade strikes an object. Because they are more rigid the blades do not separate as easily. That increased rigidity can cause a motor to be ripped from a boom, a boom to separate from the airframe, with the probability of damaging an ESC increasing exponentially.

The personal safety factor is not really better or worse with carbon. The stock blades can cut as well. We are supposed to be smart enough not to be placing parts of the human anatomy in the path of a spinning propeller.

The Typhoon H is pretty amazing for what it is. Although not designed to endure crashing without damage, which would make it to heavy, the design was well thought out where all the stock components compliment performance. The motors, props, and ESC’s are an efficient combination in stock form. Making changes does little of benefit and, if you don’t choose parts wisely, end up reducing performance. It was designed to work best just the way it came from the factory.

Last edited:
Having done quite a lot of propeller testing with RC airplanes, military drones, and multirotors there’s a lot of different things than can make a prop good or bad. For now I’ll focus on carbon fiber.

Carbon fiber is rigid, and when laid up to adequate thickness at the blade and hub significantly reduce flexing of the blade under thrust load. All propellers flex to some extent but the amount can run from very little to so much the propeller ends up shaped more like a cone under load.

The benefit of less flex is that more if the rotational energy is converted to thrust. The propeller diameter is maintained at it’s original size. When a propeller flexes the blades move forwards and inwards, changing functional diameter. Under normal use conditions diameter equates to thrust while pitch controls speed.

Another affect of prop “coning” with electric motors is energy efficiency, and it manifests on two fronts. A prop that flexes too much produces less thrust for the energy used to turn it. Personal testing with larger multirotors has demonstrated that a flexible prop requires more amperage to obtain thrust similar to a more rigid prop. IOW, the flexible prop has to turn faster. For example, using Tarot and Tiger Motor 15” props on the same multirotor established that more flexible Tarot carbon props pulled 135 Amps for a lift off and climb to 20’ while the Tiger props pulled only 78 Amps. That difference greatly impacts flight time with a battery.

So all the above would suggest carbon is better, yes? The right answer is both yes and no. If your aircraft is designed well carbon can work well. However, and aircraft built to minimum standards can easily break when a carbon blade strikes an object. Because they are more rigid the blades do not separate as easily. That increased rigidity can cause a motor to be ripped from a boom, a boom to separate from the airframe, with the probability of damaging an ESC increasing exponentially.

The personal safety factor is not really better or worse with carbon. The stock blades can cut as well. We are supposed to be smart enough not to be placing parts of the human anatomy in the path of a spinning propeller.

The Typhoon H is pretty amazing for what it is. Although bot designed to endure crashing without damage, which would make it to heavy, the design was well thought out where all the stock components compliment performance. The motors, props, and ESC’s are an efficient combination in stock form. Making changes does little of benefit and, if you don’t choose parts wisely, end up reducing performance. It was designed to work best just the way it came from the factory.
Very insightful, ThankYou

No. H+ are larger. You could put H props on an H+ and it would fly badly, if at all. If you put H+ props on an H they would slam into each other and break. Motors are different between the two aircraft as well.

Anyone know of a current source of OEM Typhoon H (not plus) props? The Ebay seller discussed above has none for sale....

Anyone know of a current source of OEM Typhoon H (not plus) props? The Ebay seller discussed above has none for sale....
Check with yuneec skins, johns a member here, and he might just have them ? Its yuneec hobby store

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold