Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H review

Am I the only one who thinks the Phantom 3 Pro looks a touch better in this video, than that of the Typhoon H?

The Typhoon H colours, just like on the Q500+ always seem to be on the softer side, which is fine as long as you do post colour processing. Also in the video, when you look at the people on the ground, some are blurry in the video from the Typhoon H (right hand side). I'm guessing there was either a small smudge on the lens or water droplet.

Lag on the video is sad it depends how much of course. Pity he did not use the on board mic. IMHO

sadly its wifi which then processes the image through the tablet so its gonna be laggy just like the Phantom 2 Vision+ was

Yes, seems to have more contrast and saturation in the DJI videos

trouble with flight videos is you have no idea what camera settings the pilot used for the camera so you cannot compare them like for like without guessing white balance, saturation, iso etc etc

Am I the only one who thinks the Phantom 3 Pro looks a touch better in this video, than that of the Typhoon H?

The Typhoon H colours, just like on the Q500+ always seem to be on the softer side, which is fine as long as you do post colour processing. Also in the video, when you look at the people on the ground, some are blurry in the video from the Typhoon H (right hand side). I'm guessing there was either a small smudge on the lens or water droplet.

Sadly the DJI was significantly sharper and of higher quality on my UHD monitor. And I'm seeing the DJI 4 now for $1219...

trouble with flight videos is you have no idea what camera settings the pilot used for the camera so you cannot compare them like for like without guessing white balance, saturation, iso etc etc

In the video description:

"I did nothing to color grade the footage nor apply any filter to the drones. This is all auto mode shot at 4K 30fps."

Minimal difference to me, and nowhere near enough to make significant change to the "pro's" & "con's" ledger.
I agree especially when it is on a site like Vimeo or You Tube (both excellent) they have their own methods of number crunching which means that nothing is shown as it was on the original. In comparison to what was available just a few years ago the quality of the pictures from modern drones are quite stunning. Mostly content is superior to quality in video. IMO

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop