Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H running with 2 batteries in parallel

Ummm yes they are Brushless
Why are they hot after flying, feel the P3/4 and Inspires when done flying, not warm at all! Brushless or not, they get hot and DJI's do not, so perhaps they are a different motor? I let you fiquire that one out!

I don't know of anything in the modern hobby still using brushed motors. I'm probably wrong but I'm all over all aspects of RC and have been for years and from what I'm seeing, brushed has gone the way of the dinosaur.
I'll leave that up to you experts! Looks like the H motors are different as they heat up way more than the DJI's motors after a battery of flying.

I admit it...I am no rocket scientist but....

Am I the only one in the world scratching my head and wondering why Yuneec or even some of the other Drone makers haven't come up with a model that has 2 batteries that you plug in side by side so that they can run parallel? When one is flat it could automatically kick over to the next one.
Surely the extra weight being carried would be worth it as your flight time would be almost doubled?

Yuneec...if you're watching this....feel free to take this idea and run with it!!!!!!!!!
Yuneec makes the Tornado,it can carry several batteries.becareful and keep your hair double battery technology is not a brainstormer.

I don't know of anything in the modern hobby still using brushed motors. I'm probably wrong but I'm all over all aspects of RC and have been for years and from what I'm seeing, brushed has gone the way of the dinosaur.
They are still used,Traxxas uses them in their R/c cars and trucks, some cheap drones I suspect also do.in fact the Titan 12 I belive its called is one Traxxas model.

Remember the old saying!

The bigger and heavier it is the harder it falls.

I like those little 50 dollar drones that can crash into a wall and keep on flying.

Remember the old saying!

The bigger and heavier it is the harder it falls.

I like those little 50 dollar drones that can crash into a wall and keep on flying.
Right,also the saying "you get what you pay for" 50$ drones 3-4 minutes up, 45 mins down charging.I have boxes of them, they are a hoot,they also make great un reachable tree ornaments in my country.

I wonder if Yuneec will come out with a slightly larger capacity battery for the H. 20-22 minutes is what I need for my projects. Having to land at 18 not is just a little pain. So, I bought 4 batteries, that helps.

Ive gotten to 35 minutes on a new prototype, soon the new options will be available for you guys...currently the tray with a MS 8000 LIHV gets you past 28min. The regular MS lipo 8000 gets 24 min. The graphene 6600 gets 19min

The tray is 100% money back if your not satisfied with performace , not a single return so far.

I wonder if Yuneec will come out with a slightly larger capacity battery for the H. 20-22 minutes is what I need for my projects. Having to land at 18 not is just a little pain. So, I bought 4 batteries, that helps.

If you search elsewhere in the forum you'll find a couple of folks have 3D printed battery shells that can take a 6600 mAh LiPo. They do offer some additional time but I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference in most cases.

Reactions: abinder
If you search elsewhere in the forum you'll find a couple of folks have 3D printed battery shells that can take a 6600 mAh LiPo. They do offer some additional time but I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference in most cases.
somehow I anyway can believe that there is a 5400mAh Battery in the TH.Because yesterday when after flying I charged the battery I put back in 6200mAh,and before charging I was with battery by 3.6volts per cell.

Nahhh 40 minutes in one shot?
Read this Hands On With the Yuneec Tornado H920

Flight time is less restrictive with the H920 than it was with other drones. I took the controls for a few minutes after Yuneec's Brian Grant gave me a rundown and demo of the copter. But we had it up in the air for 20 minutes without any worry about battery life. The copter can hold up to three batteries for a total flight time of 42 minutes. We had two batteries installed, the minimum you need to take off, which is good for about 30 minutes.

somehow I anyway can believe that there is a 5400mAh Battery in the TH.Because yesterday when after flying I charged the battery I put back in 6200mAh,and before charging I was with battery by 3.6volts per cell.

Already been discussed buddy, the general consensus is it is 6400ish mah.

Reactions: Ralphy
Ive gotten to 35 minutes on a new prototype, soon the new options will be available for you guys...currently the tray with a MS 8000 LIHV gets you past 28min. The regular MS lipo 8000 gets 24 min. The graphene 6600 gets 19min

The tray is 100% money back if your not satisfied with performace , not a single return so far.
Just curious, how are you measuring flight time? Running down to 80% of battery rating? or down to first battery warning (14.3v) on the ST16? or ???
And is this just hovering or with some forward flight?

Just curious, how are you measuring flight time? Running down to 80% of battery rating? or down to first battery warning (14.3v) on the ST16? or ???
And is this just hovering or with some forward flight?

I measure flight time with two numbers first warning at 14.3 and landing at 14.0v. I am always moving in flight 50% of the time. With the new firmware the gps off allows 55 mph so the times have suffered a bit thats why I'm developing a better solution to fly longer faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval