Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H running with 2 batteries in parallel

Reaction score
I admit it...I am no rocket scientist but....

Am I the only one in the world scratching my head and wondering why Yuneec or even some of the other Drone makers haven't come up with a model that has 2 batteries that you plug in side by side so that they can run parallel? When one is flat it could automatically kick over to the next one.
Surely the extra weight being carried would be worth it as your flight time would be almost doubled?

Yuneec...if you're watching this....feel free to take this idea and run with it!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ralphy
The H does have the lifting capacity to handle a bigger battery. Some flight time would be gained but at the loss of handling and performance. Many folks added second batteries to the early model Phantoms.
For me, anything above 15 minutes flight time is just wasted. I can get the video I need in that time and I don't plan on doing long distance flights beyond line of sight. One of my home built quads would fly for 47 minutes but that was just boring after a while.

Reactions: FlushVision
It's all about Energy vs Mass vs Gravity, too much weight ( batteries ), equals more weight , means bigger frame, bigger motors, bigger props which = more wind drag. The give and take doesn't = out. The energy used by the batteries to create the energy to sustain the weight to fly would not create a benefit of flight time, I am sure they have tested this. You would need a bigger craft to match the bigger battery and back to square one!

Last edited:
Reactions: Seachange01
I wonder if Yuneec will come out with a slightly larger capacity battery for the H. 20-22 minutes is what I need for my projects. Having to land at 18 not is just a little pain. So, I bought 4 batteries, that helps.

Reactions: Ralphy
I wonder if Yuneec will come out with a slightly larger capacity battery for the H. 20-22 minutes is what I need for my projects. Having to land at 18 not is just a little pain. So, I bought 4 batteries, that helps.
They advertise 25 minutes ! Which is BS, I can't even hover 25 minutes! But "All" Manufacturers do the same thing! a 6200 mah may get close!

Reactions: eric bee
They advertise 25 minutes ! Which is BS, I can't even hover 25 minutes! But "All" Manufacturers do the same thing! a 6200 mah may get close!

I removed the camera and turned of GPS and got 22-23 minutes. Not much fun flying without the camera though.

Last week I charged my battery as I was planning on flying it around my yard a bit. Never had the time so wanted to drain it for storage. I sat it in the living room, props off and ran the motors. It took over 2 hours just to drain from 16.8 to 15.3 ish volts. i:)i

Last week I charged my battery as I was planning on flying it around my yard a bit. Never had the time so wanted to drain it for storage. I sat it in the living room, props off and ran the motors. It took over 2 hours just to drain from 16.8 to 15.3 ish volts. i:)i
Little hard on the motors doing it that way!, Why not just hover it for 15 minutes, Just my thought! Props at least keep the motor cooler and not overheat them ?:rolleyes:

Little hard on the motors doing it that way!, Why not just hover it for 15 minutes, Just my thought! Props at least keep the motor cooler and not overheat them ?:rolleyes:

I kept feeling them and they were fine, never got warm at all. It was raining so could not take it outside. I know that is minimum motor usage but ****, over 2 hours...

I won't do that again. i:)i

Reactions: DroneClone
I kept feeling them and they were fine, never got warm at all. It was raining so could not take it outside. I know that is minimum motor usage but ****, over 2 hours...

I won't do that again. i:)i
Yeah, that's a long while to wait

I just plug a 12v DC light bulb on to mine to bring it down, at least I can read while I wait ! LOL ! Just messing with ya!, Hey, I bet that would work!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Connecting a battery to it? Wouldn't that put charge back INTO the battery? i:)i
You need to connect something like a light bulb or other voltage draining device. i:)i

Can't wait to get connectors so I can buy a real charger that can also drain etc....

Reactions: Kahuken
Connecting a battery to it? Wouldn't that put charge back INTO the battery? i:)i
You need to connect something like a light bulb or other voltage draining device. i:)i

Can't wait to get connectors so I can buy a real charger that can also drain etc....
I am on my vacation, I meant 12 v light bulb, dumb me!:confused:

I think in order to make full use of bigger/dual batteries, Yuneec would benefit from increasing the video range using some kind of DJI equivalent Lightbridge tech. 30 minutes flying time would be the sweet spot I reckon.

The Yuneec H battery can easily be hacked, so you could adapt a higher capacity battery if you want. One other thing to consider is that a hexcopter can usually handle additional weight much better than a quad. The added load is divided between 6 motors instead of 4.

Catch .22 there. More battery means more weight which means more motor usage to keep it up which means more battery drain which means less time on the batteries.
Has to be a middle ground there. I am sure it does not scale evenly like you would think.

Also is it good for the motors to fly longer than the battery lasts? Isn't letting them cool down a bit in between changes good? Or are they designed to go for hours on end?

Since the H does not use "Brushless" motors, a cool down would be good !

I don't know of anything in the modern hobby still using brushed motors. I'm probably wrong but I'm all over all aspects of RC and have been for years and from what I'm seeing, brushed has gone the way of the dinosaur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval