Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H video feed issue and range

Better to have many wise flights than one unwise one. As Steve Carr said, "All you have are memories" if it all goes wrong.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yea, I saw this video too. It would unnerve me to no end to fly that distance. Of course, even with the 4Hawks, I can not even get a third of that distance which is fine because I don't trust the batteries I have to make it that far and back. I also ended up playing around with my 5.8g antenna that's located inside the camera housing. It appears to me that it's design is pretty bad. They placed the antenna in the front of the camera so when you're flying away from your signal and the camera is facing forward, you lose signal pretty quick. I ended up allowing my antenna to sorta just hang off the bottom outside of it's housing to see if it made any difference, which it did. Not that even that matters because I put it all back together afterwards in the way that it originally was. I feel like if I made any permanent modifications to the camera housing to allow the antenna to hang from the bottom it would mess up how the camera turns.

Anyway, yea videos like those are fairly mystifying to me. I'm not too sure that the 4hawks was the only factor that allowed such distance.

I know what you mean. I flew around at my sister's place the other day, they live out in farm country, & I was freaking out just going over the field & across the street (don't remember how many feet out I was). It was a blast though. At one point I went behind a barn, lost video, hit return home, & when it flew back into range took control again. Love this thing!

Reactions: AeFox
"Never fly further than you are willing to hike, swim or snowshoe to retrieve your aircraft." ? That's awesome!

Actually, that brings a question to mind. On the left side of the st-16 screen it gives lat/long. Can't you put that in Google Maps to get a hint on where to start looking?

Hi Members,
This thread is of interest to me as I am a builder in Brisbane Qld Australia and I also do roof and building inspections and my job needs good reliable video feed at all times and I have solved most of my problems by doing this to my camera. It does not look pretty but it works pretty good. The cut off pool noodles are to lift the H higher so when you land you don't flatten the clover leaf antenna. And no they are not for water rescues or poor fishing trips.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Attachments

• 20190331_201757.jpg
    20190331_201757.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Really, Pink!
I have cans of red, black, neon orange paint, anything but pink.;)

• Haha
Reactions: KellyR
  • Haha
Reactions: KellyR and AH-1G
I work in an establishment with only 3 men and 150 women, for peace I embrace my feminine side, when I get home I'm outnumbered again, so for an easy life I put on my feminine coat.

I work in an establishment with only 3 men and 150 women, for peace I embrace my feminine side, when I get home I'm outnumbered again, so for an easy life I put on my feminine coat.
What shade of lipstick do you use??
Heels or not??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KellyR

Same here until I quit and the family grew up and hermit living became the life for me. Still sit to pee even though there's not a feminine leaning human within a mile of me. The training runs deep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval