Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H When ?

Reaction score
Anybody has an idea when the Typhoon H basic and the Pro (with the realsense module) will be available ?
I heard and i hope the basic before the end of this month and the pro later (end of may)
I hope the lawsuit between DJI and Yuneeec is nog going to gibe problems ...
/\/\ax2206
Belgium

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Unfortunately people are starting to cancel their pre-orders because Yuncee has remained quiet and provided no information. So far the Typhoon H is off to a bad start.

Remaining quiet is really a bad move from Yuneec. I am one of those that will cancel my order. Will call on Monday...
Maybe this will work itself out but I am not going to pay interest on my card until Yuneec decides what they are going to do.

I agree, I'm sure Yuneec has there reason for holding out on that information, thinking not to hurt there reputation and sales, but there are loyal Yuneec customers and like me new to Yuneec (and wating on the H release) that would like to know when, not to mention all the preorders out there...
I hope it's soon, I'm real excited about it and ready to buy one, and I'll continue to wait

I will wait a bit longer before cancelling my preorder. In my country the DJI Phantom 4 is also still on preorder. So no problems.
Perhaps i will buy a Typhoon G to play with it a liitle bit. Its around 500 euro's in my country
/\/\ax2206

I have no interest in the Phantom and I have a Q500 4K so that will keep me busy until something else comes along....

I was researching for my first camera drone and really liked the Q500 4K, I was about to get one then read about the H, then decided to wait on it, wating is hard, I feel like a kid again, if Yuneec doesn't put out the release date soon I may just get the 4K and continue to wait on the H...

The 4K is a really good video platform. Smooth high quality video but I do find the video downlink a bit on the short side.
I don't want to fly out of sight but fear that in certain conditions the link will fail. Note I have never lost radio control of the drone so I am pretty happy with it.

Good to hear, I've joined a couple of Yuneec forums and been reading and learning a lot in the past couple of months, now I just want them to bring out the H, oh well just my luck...

How long have you owned the 4K?
(yufasa)

Been flying it for about 5 months now. Crashed it once and had to perform a shell replacement. Trees can be a pain in the *** and the reason I was looking at the H hoping the the obstacle avoidance would help.

Glad to hear you back up and flying, after I read about the H I to came to the conclusion that the obstacle avoidance would hopefully help me to stay away from trees.
Hopefully Yuneec will mention the release soon, the 15th was mentioned so I'll keep fingers crossed and see what happens.

I live in a heavily wooded area and took the top out of a fir tree a month ago, been flying the same route for a couple weeks.obstacle avoidance will be nice once my H comes and later the real sense mod.still waiting for my repair to be done,took it in the day of crash.

Remaining quiet is really a bad move from Yuneec. I am one of those that will cancel my order. Will call on Monday...
Maybe this will work itself out but I am not going to pay interest on my card until Yuneec decides what they are going to do.
Don't blame you ,my rc dealer told me the 8th of April,last Tuesday

@Humbolt Luckily I am good with a soldering iron so I did the repair myself. Took a Saturday morning and $80 in parts...

Reactions: humboldt 707
Anybody has an idea when the Typhoon H basic and the Pro (with the realsense module) will be available ?
I heard and i hope the basic before the end of this month and the pro later (end of may)
I hope the lawsuit between DJI and Yuneeec is nog going to gibe problems ...
/\/\ax2206
Belgium
I read the complaint and while it is not obviously a frivilous claim, it does come with some concern for Yuneec. Maybe the biggest problem for DJI is going to be the camera mount issue (this is similar to patents on keyboards and mice). On the issue of special modes and real sense, DJI will have also have a hard sell unless the application bears ridiculous similarities. I would say, in that case, the bigger problem is going to lie with Intel as the manufacturer/designer of the module.

@Humbolt Luckily I am good with a soldering iron so I did the repair myself. Took a Saturday morning and $80 in parts...
I'm glad I took it in because when the shop hooked my Chroma up to a computer they said one of the speed sensors was showing it was getting power when none was supplied.since it was still under warranty they sent it in.

I also hooked up to the GUI software and had to do some setup after I put the motors back in the wrong spots. Luckily the software allowed me to reconfigure the order and rotation. Pretty impressive capabilities for a consumer product.
The inside arrangement of wiring left a lot to be desired though.

Unfortunately people are starting to cancel their pre-orders because Yuncee has remained quiet and provided no information. So far the Typhoon H is off to a bad start.
HEAR THIS ! Yuneec, people are cancelling pre orders on the H because you have lousy PR and can not even give us current information, and you do not respond to the DJI's lawsuit, which can lead to people thinking YOU are guilty, speak up or lose my order!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval