Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon PC GUI Still Work?

It still works. Make sure that you don't have the battery in the "H" when you connect it.

I tried going through the entire download process again without a battery and setup as instructed, but I had the same results. The download progress bar sticks at the same point when downloading the GUI software and freezes. But then the shortcut for the GUI appears on my laptop after I stop the download with Windows' Task Manager. When I connect the GUI to the H via USB it shows a connection (at least it then gives me the option to disconnect) but yet at the bottom of the window it states that the device (the H Pro) is not connected. But the progress wheels turn on the sensor symbols, indicating something is happening. Weird. I don't get it. It should be simple. But I'm having zero success at engaging the H's GUI PC software. A review of some posts made a couple of months ago reveals that others, too, have had difficulties getting the GUI to work. Any more suggestions?

Strange. I just tried and I download it in about 2 seconds. It's a 13MB zip file. Seems strange that the download bar gets stuck.

If you try it with the battery, do you get the same results? 1. launch the GUI 1. Power on the H 3. Connect the USB cable... in that order

Still a no go. Tried it the way you mentioned and then every possible way, and the results are the same. Like I say, I can download the GUI zip file fine, but it stalls on installing, yet the icon pops up in the taskbar. And when I connect to the H, the sensors and other GUI indicators begin rotating onscreen, but at the bottom of the window it says the device is not connected. Cannot get beyond this point. Very frustrating.

Still a no go. Tried it the way you mentioned and then every possible way, and the results are the same. Like I say, I can download the GUI zip file fine, but it stalls on installing, yet the icon pops up in the taskbar. And when I connect to the H, the sensors and other GUI indicators begin rotating onscreen, but at the bottom of the window it says the device is not connected. Cannot get beyond this point. Very frustrating.

I think they are using what's called straight serial over USB which can be a little flakey at times. Do the following:

1) try another USB port and plug the cable in first, then the drone. ( make sure it's on )
2) shutdown the computer, connect and turn on the drone and restart the computer and load the app.
3) make sure the app is completely closed prior to connecting the drone.

Give this a shot also if you have access to another computer give it a try sometimes the USB pots have compatibility issues in general with this type of connection.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the attempt, but that didn't do the trick, either. Can't figure it out. I know it should be simple. Connections such as this one are not difficult to do at all. But this one is baffling me.

Same problems (download bar stops for me) but at least my computer tells me 'download failed'. I figured Yuneec took it down and I gave up after a few tries.

I'm sorry you are having the same problems as I am, but I trust you'll understand when I say I'm glad to hear that it's not just me. I've seen other posts claiming the same problems with other H owners back in November.

One last idea try a different USB cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't I wish. I've tried 3, each a different length. I could try another PC later on, an older one, to see if it is the USB ports, but the laptop I'm using I just got recently, a bit after summer and it connects just fine to other USB devices.

Don't I wish. I've tried 3, each a different length. I could try another PC later on, an older one, to see if it is the USB ports, but the laptop I'm using I just got recently, a bit after summer and it connects just fine to other USB devices.
Ihad the same issue i was using the windows surface pro. It didn't work till i used another computer and it wouldn't work on the usb it had to be the com port. Finally worked not sure why it didn't on the surface.

Note that new forum member skyfotos.net (Karl) has found the solution to this problem. (I initially wrote "The final solution," but realized THAT phrase has a very negative history and connotation!)

Apparently there WAS something wrong with the STM GUI interface download for the Typhoon H as it appeared on Yuneec's download page, prohibiting the software from operating properly or connecting to the aircraft. Skyfotos.net (Karl) provided this link: STSW-STM32102 - STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver - STMicroelectronics - STMicroelectronics (found in his thread on the Typhoon H Help page titled "[SOLVED] GUI Connection...." posted yesterday) to a new STM GUI program download that fixes the problems found in Yuneec's errant GUI download.

Hats off to Karl. I downloaded the link he posted, installed the updated software, and the GUI was up and running as it should be, connecting fine with the Typhoon. A Yuneec tech I spoke with just days ago was clueless about this solution to their problem. So I thank Karl for providing the correct answer to this problem that had so many stumped.

The name and description of the file on the link makes one believe that this is a driver download, not the GUI software itself. Is that correct? To date, I haven't had any issues with the GUI software download or connectivity from Yuneec.

Yes, it's a driver update. What it does is first extract the info on the PC that contains the "corrupted" (?) info contained in the Yuneec download and then amends the driver installer itself so it works properly with the computer.

Without it, people with this problem such as myself were stopped in their tracks trying to install the GUI driver and connect to the H. With this update the installer operates properly and the GUI connection to the Typhoon runs perfectly. It's a big help. There seemed to be a "sometimeiness" about this problem. For some reason some pilots had the same exact error while others did not. No rhyme or reason I could see to it.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for sharing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones