Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon & Samsung Gear 360 - The future perhaps?

Reaction score
There has been talk over the past year of the 360 virtual reality cameras becoming the next big thing. Samsung has a great one and some have attached it to the Typhoon H for a full user 360 view.

In this video, look at the top left of the screen. You can look in any direction by selecting the appropriate arrow... or if your computer allows, you can just scroll with your mouse in any direction. Is this the future?

Reactions: Peter a
There has been talk over the past year of the 360 virtual reality cameras becoming the next big thing. Samsung has a great one and some have attached it to the Typhoon H for a full user 360 view.

In this video, look at the top left of the screen. You can look in any direction by selecting the appropriate arrow... or if your computer allows, you can just scroll with your mouse in any direction. Is this the future?

That's neat

I really hope they're able to increase resolution in future releases, there's no way I would trade a crystal clear CGO3+ image for this even if it is cool.

Reactions: Rayray
I own the Gear 360 and the actual output is better than Youtube or Facebook renders it, but its still not as good as 4K video.

Here is a blog post of how to mount one under the Typhoon H using a CG02 mounting plater so you have the rubber dampers to smooth our vibrations. 360 Rumors: Using a 360-degree camera with Yuneec drones

Having used it for a while though you miss the whole art of making a video that draws the audiences attention to a specific thing so while it is probably going to be used more widely and who knows DJI or Yuneec may build it in to their products in the future I hope editing software will allow you to still create a conventional video from the 360 file.

Reactions: Cristian
I really hope they're able to increase resolution in future releases, there's no way I would trade a crystal clear CGO3+ image for this even if it is cool.
The output is actually pretty clear, but not when aboard a vibrating platform (i.e. drone). There are several videos on YouTube taken in a fixed position and it looks pretty good but not 4k good.

I have the gear 360 and thought I'd mount it via a 4 ft rope to possibly cut down on vibrations.

I own the Gear 360 and the actual output is better than Youtube or Facebook renders it, but its still not as good as 4K video.

Here is a blog post of how to mount one under the Typhoon H using a CG02 mounting plater so you have the rubber dampers to smooth our vibrations. 360 Rumors: Using a 360-degree camera with Yuneec drones

Having used it for a while though you miss the whole art of making a video that draws the audiences attention to a specific thing so while it is probably going to be used more widely and who knows DJI or Yuneec may build it in to their products in the future I hope editing software will allow you to still create a conventional video from the 360 file.
this is how I use it on my Q500... replaced the CGO2 with it... always fly line of site so it's ok... RTH still works as a failsafe...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis