Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox for the Plus

Reaction score
Tuna

I am wondering if you are going to, or if you are in the process of writing a similar program for the ST16s controller for the Typhoon H Plus. I am guessing a lot of folks are going to be disappointed if the answer is no.

Reactions: Guido Cangelosi
Tuna

I am wondering if you are going to, or if you are in the process of writing a similar program for the ST16s controller for the Typhoon H Plus. I am guessing a lot of folks are going to be disappointed if the answer is no.
Do not know how regularly @Tuna monitors this forum. I asked a similar question of him in a PM a week or so ago. He said that he was looking into what would be required to make a ST16S/H+ version but said it could be a while before any SW was available.

OK, as a few people have asked this question, I'll answer here.

At present, UAV Toolbox is not compatible with the H Plus. There are two issues:

1. The flight logs and other data created when the Plus flies are slightly different from the Typhoon H. That means I need to understand the differences and update the app to support the Plus.
2. I understand that in the current version of the Yuneec firmware, some data is missing, which makes some of the features of UAV Toolbox fail.

I currently do not have access to a H Plus to do the necessary development work to update UAV Toolbox. If one of the distributors wants to help out, I'd be happy to take a look at it, but it's not a simple job to characterise the new software. There is a question here about what Yuneec's attitude is to third party software - feel free to pester them if you want to see apps like this continue to be supported on the new machines!

Due to all of the above, I'm unlikely to be able to offer UAV Toolbox for the H Plus this quarter. After summer I hope the situation will have changed, and will make announcements as soon as I have more information.

Finally - software like this can only happen if you support it. Please do let me know if you want to see this or other software developed - the more people say they want something built, the easier it is to commit to the cost and effort of creating it.

Tuna, thank you for sharing your challenges. Anything specific that we could offer, other than what you already mentioned to support your efforts?

At present, UAV Toolbox is not compatible with the H Plus. There are two issues:

1. The flight logs and other data created when the Plus flies are slightly different from the Typhoon H. That means I need to understand the differences and update the app to support the Plus.
2. I understand that in the current version of the Yuneec firmware, some data is missing, which makes some of the features of UAV Toolbox fail.

I currently do not have access to a H Plus to do the necessary development work to update UAV Toolbox. If one of the distributors wants to help out, I'd be happy to take a look at it, but it's not a simple job to characterise the new software. There is a question here about what Yuneec's attitude is to third party software - feel free to pester them if you want to see apps like this continue to be supported on the new machines!

Due to all of the above, I'm unlikely to be able to offer UAV Toolbox for the H Plus this quarter. After summer I hope the situation will have changed, and will make announcements as soon as I have more information.

Finally - software like this can only happen if you support it. Please do let me know if you want to see this or other software developed - the more people say they want something built, the easier it is to commit to the cost and effort of creating it.

What is UAV Toolbox?

Which aircraft was Yuneec supposed to be releasing the SDK for? I thought some of your posts from earlier this year were saying how the newer aircraft would be easier to do 3rd party development for.

Just curious, since this thread popped the subject. Still plan to get a TH and will be utilizing your UAV Toolbox.

If you do learn what is going on with some of the telemetry differences on the H Plus, please let us know.

My brain does not function like Tuna's, in fact I question what is left of mine.:rolleyes:
We appreciate all the work you've been doing.

Thank you Tuna!
penrose-triangle-illusion-gif.gif

Reactions: 10-8
Just ordered my H Plus and am hoping that the UAV Toolbox will eventually be available. Until then I guess CCC will have to be what I use for planning missions.

Bumping this post. I would definitely like to renew the interest and support in UAV Toolbox for the H+. The CCC is an awesome tool, but having to use up a flight battery just to get waypoints sucks. I would absolutely purchase your app if you get the opportunity to develop it.

In the past I have asked Tuna regarding the idea of crowd funding... his response at the time was one word... Lily. Unfortunately the market share that Yuneec currently has, quite possibly does not support a large enough commercial pilot base for the needed development. The numbers have to be there to justify the time invested.

In the past I have asked Tuna regarding the idea of crowd funding... his response at the time was one word... Lily. Unfortunately the market share that Yuneec currently has, quite possibly does not support a large enough commercial pilot base for the needed development. The numbers have to be there to justify the time invested.

Especially when, for a “few dollars more” there is already a Yuneec platform built for the expressed purpose of waypoint and grid pattern flying.

The questions then become:

“does one buy something else and wait in the hope the platform not built with the functionality one needs will eventually get it, limping by until it does get it, if it does?”

Or

“Does one spend the extra money now, obtaining a platform meeting one’s needs from the get-go, and thus (hopefully) paying for itself by either increased efficiency, securing more jobs due to capability, or both?”

The right tools for the job often require more than one tool. Why else do us guys seemingly love to wander through those big tool stores, salivating the whole time?

Final thought: Some seem to forget it is often software differentiating what appears to be two like hardware platforms. Take the H520 and the H Plus. Appear to be the same hardware (aircraft, ST16s, control stack). What differentiates them is the software interface with us pilots. Speaking as a part time software developer, what may appear to be trivial differences are sometimes anything but, involving a great deal of time and effort. Meaning: "Software ain't cheap!"

:eek::cool:

Jeff

Last edited:
Option number 3 ..... Swap to Dji, sad but true.....
I really like flying H +, but if Yuneec does not change its software policy, I will most likely buy ph 4, all dji have software for the grid.
This is not a few dollars more, H520 costs almost twice as much ....
It seems to me that it will not be easy to make a tool for H + because coordinate files are hidden, and making a root on ST16S is associated with a loss of warranty .... At Typhoon H it was easier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval