Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unable to start motors

Hey, H Plus flyers! I found quite a little glitch in that I have had all kinds of problems with and finally solved it today. Anyone flying the H Plus might have had the problem where the H will not arm the motors and get the message "not arming preflight check failed". I even sent in my H Plus to get it solved and they sent it back and seemed to feel it was OK. At first I found arming did occur and then it was back to the same arming failure message. Today I found out if I "stir" the left stick in a circular motion, all of a sudden I get the message "angle mode activated" WOW! I did this on numerous startups when angle mode would not activate and then stirring the left stick took care of the issue. Pass this tip on to anyone having the same problem and let me know if this solves your same problem.

Reactions: Steve Carr
sounds just like the stick are not center issue with the h520. when that happens do you have a rc monitor that you can check and confirm that what is or it is not the case in this situation.

I did check the monitor and it did show a little down position of the left stick when at rest. Can't say how to correct this other than spray a little electrical contact cleaner into the area. Any other suggestions other than just moving the stick up a little at startup? At least now I know why I had so many issues with this.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
well It is starting to look like the sticks are a weak part of the st16s controller. Even a vendor commented on the issues they are having with them.

Any other suggestions other than just moving the stick up a little at startup?
I have added a line to my preflight list that has helped resolve this issue.
Before each flight I "stir" the sticks rather aggressively to clean the contacts in the potentiometers. So far, that has worked well. And I do check them in RC monitor (H Plus and H520).

There is a chance, on some ST16's, of the pot moving in it's holder. If that happens it won't return to exactly zero. The repair is simply. Add a bit of glue to the point of contact between the pot and the hold down.

***WOW***

THANK YOU to all who have posted here.

Just used this to solve the MOTOR NO START issue on the Q500 - ST-10+

I RECEIVED my CAMERA GIMBAL JUMPER CABLE on Wednesday, props and new battery earlier in the week, completed my prop balanciing, and went to the local R/C spot up on a hill (Kite Hill as it is affectionatly known) and upon motor start time, nothing, had done a compass re cal on site and was getting purple/white ---/-/---/-/---/-/---/-/---/-/ **(the preceding dashes and slashes represent 3 sec --- followed by a seperator to clearly designate a color change / and a one second - followed again by another color change / )** Which I did not find on the cheat sheet chart. However upon returning home a quick search on purple/white informed me that this was now normal and OK. So then a search on NO MOTOR START brought me here, low and behold I stirred the sticks and the bird armed...!!!

HAD done a FW update on aircraft, (not on ST-10+ due to lack of an SD card) will now do that update as well moving forward. Again thank you all and keep posting no telling how many people were helped by this and did not take the time to share their experiences for the next pilot.

Blue Skys
Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss