Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unexplainable

Reaction score
I have a Q500 that starts up and seems normal. I start up the motors and can hover. Giving it any pitch, yaw or roll sends the drone in that direction and very little control. The best way I can explain it, is it seems there are no PIDs. Its almost like the IMU is going bad? When I land, and hold the throttle down, the drone insists on pitching back until it flips over. And yes, this was on even, concrete surface.

Concrete sounds for me that there is a lot of iron in it. This may have influence on compass and may result in erratic flights. Is status LED blinking orange if you near the bottom? Speed slider in rabbit or turtle mode?

Can you try another loocation?

br HE

Here are the flight logs.

Yes, I tried a new location, no change.

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The problem comes from ST10.

Starting with data 00179 the yaw stick (J2) starts to get decalibrated.
At 206 and all later records the pitch/roll (J3/J4) stick (right one) deliver strange values. Looks like a wire is loose or poti defect. You can check this in HW-monitor.

Only the trottle poti (J1) seems to be good all the time. Yaw could be calibrated but for the right stick this is not enough.

Send it to repair or do it by yourself. You need to open the ST10, clean both potis, check the connectors and wiring on the right stick.

br HE

Last edited:
The problem comes from ST10.

Starting with data 00179 the yaw stick (J2) starts to get decalibrated.
At 206 and all later records the pitch/roll (J3/J4) stick (right one) deliver strange values. Looks like a wire is loose or poti defect. You can check this in HW-monitor.

Only the trottle poti (J1) seems to be good all the time. Yaw could be calibrated but for the right stick this is not enough.

Send it to repair or do it by yourself. You need to open the ST10, clean both potis, check the connectors and wiring on the right stick.

br HE

I need to clean the potis? Im afraid I've never heard of that term..

Be sure to use a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
photomanipulation