Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.3 - 1 March 2018

After update gimbal E90 firmware to 1.37.7 from 1.33.0 I have problem with it. Gimbal starts to vibrating in yaw axis. That makes loud, buzz noise. Recalibration accelerometer, compass and gimbal not helps. I read that it's a possibility to downgrade firmware, but I dont have file gimbal.yuneec with old firmware. Also it is impossible to download that from official site. Maybe anyone can help with that file? Please response because I need to fly soon.

After update gimbal E90 firmware to 1.37.7 from 1.33.0 I have problem with it. Gimbal starts to vibrating in yaw axis. That makes loud, buzz noise. Recalibration accelerometer, compass and gimbal not helps. I read that it's a possibility to downgrade firmware, but I dont have file gimbal.yuneec with old firmware. Also it is impossible to download that from official site. Maybe anyone can help with that file? Please response because I need to fly soon.

I don't have them but I asked for them, if they pass me the links I publish them so that everybody who has problems can do the downgrade if they think it is necessary.

Reactions: RkamilC
Thanks for help. After some research I have information that problem with that update occurs also for another E90 gimbals. It is possible that new firmware It's not compatible with some other gimbals.

Oh no!

As posted elsewhere, I am fighting an issue with an E50; vibration of gimbal even with motors off. Replacing camera did not help. The replacement was fine as long as it was either not panning, or panning but not lower than 30 degrees from horizontal. I have yet to even fly with the new camera!

Just shipped back my H520, controller, and camera so dealer could take a look. Dealer could not duplicate using any of their H520s so they suspect mine is the culprit. I’m not ruling out the controller.

But with this revelation of “update firmware... induce vibration issue” ... no idea what to think, or rather don’t want to think about it!

P.S. the vibration issue was present before updating my H520. I have not seen E50 updates so that was not even performed. Controller and DataPilot were indeed updated prior to shipping back.

Hoping to hear findings early next week.

Jeff

Last edited:
Oh no!

As posted elsewhere, I am fighting an issue with an E50; vibration of gimbal even with motors off. Replacing camera did not help. The replacement was fine as long as it was either not panning, or panning but not lower than 30 degrees from horizontal. I have yet to even fly with the new camera!

Just shipped back my H520, controller, and camera so dealer could take a look. Dealer could not duplicate using any of their H520s so they suspect mine is the culprit. I’m not ruling out the controller.

But with this revelation of “update firmware... induce vibration issue” ... no idea what to think, or rather don’t want to think about it!

P.S. the vibration issue was present before updating my H520. I have not seen E50 updates so that was not even performed. Controller and DataPilot were indeed updated prior to shipping back.

Jeff

Was told this update would sort out the vibration issue I have on my E90..
Not flown the new FW yet - if it’s not fixed then I will be on to Yuneec to provide a replacement!!

No issues with gimbal vibration here.
I was able to fly today and try out various updated camera settings. Photographs were taken of the same scene and jpg file sizes are shown in the table. Vivid produced attractive photos, but some may think it over-sharpened. There is still some curvature of the horizon in jpgs and dngs do not seem to have been changed by the update.
E90 file size.JPG

Reactions: arruntus
So my question is.... Should I update the firmware or wait a bit until they come out with a patch to clean up the issues that have been described above??? I don't want to be a beta tester.

Depends whether you need an updated camera. I don't have gimbal issues, so you won't necessarily get issues if you do the update. The update was well tested before release, unlike the firmware of other leading manufacturers. Go for it.:D

Reactions: 10-8
be extra care full when doing pure rabbit mode. I stalled my h520 today and it went level to 90 degree pitch and drop like a rock fast lost video and connection as soon as it hit the ground hard. but atleast I did not total out the e90 camera and even better the slip ring wire are not frayed at the motor area . in fact there not frayed at all clean break at the gimbal board just need to solder the wire back to the board. h480 cgo3 camera confirmed gimbal one the drone side is in working shape. had to do a main board transplant to another h520 because I messed up bigtime and removed the wrong fuse to fix the gimbal that was out. there 2 fuses on that board the one that need to be pulled was right where the gimbal wire connects to the main board under the black battery lead and is not the one near the 8gb sd card. in short I be back in the air 3-11-18

Oh no!

Jeff

Jeff, you are not alone. My E50 is unuseable too. As soon as panning starts you get the jello effect. This has now transferred to the E90 as well as lots of people are complaining about it. After the update I decided it was not worth the upgrade and have now reverted back to 1.1.11 flight controller. 1.31 gimble, 1.0.02 camera and 1.2.5 datapilot.
Why have you guys not heard from me for a while?
Because I’ve actually given up on hope of this being a useable commercial professional aircraft. I have simply lost the will.
It beggars belief that there are beta testers out there that have said yes this is fantastic release it to the public.
Alcohol may have an effect on those decisions.
And
As for vivid settings. Take a photo. Then take another photo on neutral setting. Then side by side zoom in on your pc to 200%
Then decide if vivid is awesome.
Straight edges will be blurred whereas on neutral they are not.
I have done extensive testing on the new update and my conclusion is E90 is far worse than it has ever been. Look for the barrel effect with a straight down nadir shot that has straight lines.
Anyway I wish you all well with this machine as I will only use it for thermal now as I will be buying an inspire 2 that takes superb photos. If it stays in the air [emoji6]

So my question is.... Should I update the firmware or wait a bit until they come out with a patch to clean up the issues that have been described above??? I don't want to be a beta tester.

You already are my friend.

Reactions: lsn618
@Pegasus Drones - What are the lenses like for photography rather than video, I am not bothered about vivid setting as I would never use it, I would usually shoot DNG and PP and still weighing up H520 v Inspire 2 with X5S

Ok so DNG huge massive curvature, worse than pre update.
The i2 has issues as well but it takes an amazing photo.
If Yuneec sort these problems out the 520 has got massive potential but with its current state they fix one issue and break 2 on the way there. Never in my life have I encountered a client that likes leaning over buildings.
Ok so all this can be sorted in post but it is so time consuming and shouldn’t be needed to the level that is needed to correct

Ok so DNG huge massive curvature, worse than pre update.
The i2 has issues as well but it takes an amazing photo.
If Yuneec sort these problems out the 520 has got massive potential but with its current state they fix one issue and break 2 on the way there. Never in my life have I encountered a client that likes leaning over buildings.
Ok so all this can be sorted in post but it is so time consuming and shouldn’t be needed to the level that is needed to correct
Well you have convinced me to hold back on the 520, went through all this angst with Yuneec over the H, bad updates, issues not fixed, no communication blah blah and then they keep on repeating the whole process over and over, I do wonder if the H plus will have the same problems

Jeff, you are not alone. My E50 is unuseable too. As soon as panning starts you get the jello effect. This has now transferred to the E90 as well as lots of people are complaining about it. After the update I decided it was not worth the upgrade and have now reverted back to 1.1.11 flight controller. 1.31 gimble, 1.0.02 camera and 1.2.5 datapilot.
Why have you guys not heard from me for a while?
Because I’ve actually given up on hope of this being a useable commercial professional aircraft. I have simply lost the will.
It beggars belief that there are beta testers out there that have said yes this is fantastic release it to the public.
Alcohol may have an effect on those decisions.
And
As for vivid settings. Take a photo. Then take another photo on neutral setting. Then side by side zoom in on your pc to 200%
Then decide if vivid is awesome.
Straight edges will be blurred whereas on neutral they are not.
I have done extensive testing on the new update and my conclusion is E90 is far worse than it has ever been. Look for the barrel effect with a straight down nadir shot that has straight lines.
Anyway I wish you all well with this machine as I will only use it for thermal now as I will be buying an inspire 2 that takes superb photos. If it stays in the air [emoji6]

Pegasus,

Thank you for letting me know you are encountering similar issues. I am still holding some hope as Vertigo could NOT force any of theirs to what mine is doing.

If there is a “good” aspect of the scenario mine has is the fact it can be observed on the workbench. No flying, not even motors armed, is needed. So swapping out cameras, controllers, and H520 itself should be quick and easy.

Hopefully they will find the culprit, fix/replace it, and get my kit back to me real quick. If that happens, there is hope for the rest of us.

Keeping the faith!

Jeff

Reactions: Peggy
Here are a few short clips and pics from this morning buzz around the neighborhood.
uc

uc

Reactions: arruntus and Peggy
I still haven't been able to fly with the new update. We've been on weather alert for several days now because of the strong wind.

The first image you modified to correct the horizon distortion? I'm already crazy, some say it's the same as with the previous versions, others say it's improved although little and most say nothing............

Nice shot on the first video. In the third video, while updating and we have ROI it is a good training for the fingers to make the circular flight manually :D

I still haven't been able to fly with the new update. We've been on weather alert for several days now because of the strong wind.

The first image you modified to correct the horizon distortion? I'm already crazy, some say it's the same as with the previous versions, others say it's improved although little and most say nothing............

Nice shot on the first video. In the third video, while updating and we have ROI it is a good training for the fingers to make the circular flight manually :D
No editing was done on the images or videos. The videos were only edited for length.

Curvature seems slightly better for me with the update, but there is still more than you could actually give to a client, so post work will be required to make anything usable. Vivid mode looks high impact at full res but even a slight amount of zoom will show how much sharpness is lost using this colour enhancement, so again not something you can really use for anything other than low res web images, best to shoot natural or unprocessed and enhance in post. Not really noticed any battery improvement, still not getting anywhere near the 25+ minutes with the E90 as advertised originally. The most annoying thing about the update for me (other than missing the promised ROI mode) is that it has now introduced gimbal shudder that I never had before. When panning with the camera at certain angles there is a recorded image shudder on playback. This is just ridiculous and I hope we don't have to wait another 6 months for this to be rectified but I am not overly confident on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads