Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.3 - 1 March 2018

Is everyone with this problem located in the UK??

I am and I have it. However my unit came from Yuneec uk via Yuneec Europe (Germany) all the uk products come from Germany.
Don’t know if that helps or not

Maybe the Germans sent you a bad batch! ;) I'm kidding, of course. But I feel like this forum may be narrowing down to the possibility of a bad batch of E90s.

Guys. I know what distortion looks like. As I said. I had to remove the main pictures due to NDA. Its was already agreed with another member. The distortion is there. I cannot re post my original pics. Both pics were taken at the same height at a job I was at. The leaning tower of Turbine and electric poles is the E90' the straight one is from a Mavic. The 2 original pictures are almost the same. All the pictures are level. The horizon is level. Let me see if I can do something with the original pics. To show.

Look. I cannot share the original pics. And had to edit and remove part of the pic. Its a rough edit. The top is the Mavic and is straight. The lower is the E90. Same height. Same location. Sorry I cannot put up the original pics. Camera is level in both, you should be able to see it plain as day.IMG_20180318_231833.jpg IMG_20180318_231833.jpg IMG_20180318_231912.jpg

LOL, Exactly what I was talking about ;-) Mapping obsession?

Forget the mapping bit, please. Just for second.

"E90: Distortion free horizon" -------> This is what I'm asking about. What does it mean?
You're late to the conversation and why the mapping images were posted. Certainly "folks say "mapping software can stitch distorted images", I'm like WTF is going on here" isn't very clear what you were asking. Sorry if I overfed you.
For the rest, I will be flying with a different E90 next week and will be able to compare images. It could very well be as bad as what @RGilmore has, or could be similar or better to what I had. We'll see in a few days.

You're late to the conversation and why the mapping images were posted. Certainly "folks say "mapping software can stitch distorted images", I'm like WTF is going on here" isn't very clear what you were asking. Sorry if I overfed you.
For the rest, I will be flying with a different E90 next week and will be able to compare images. It could very well be as bad as what @RGilmore has, or could be similar or better to what I had. We'll see in a few days.

Keep us posted. Will be good to see, the E90. Well mine and other needs revised. With a better lens IMO. Cheers.

Reactions: 10-8
Look closely at the image with the wind turbine leaning, the objects at the bottom are also bent. A lens can not do this all over the image. It makes me think more of misalignment or gluing of the Cmos sensor, which although the horizon looks good, causes a distortion of the objects taken.
eoliennne.jpg

PLEASE when anyone posts images to here discussing image quality, can you include: Camera settings, camera mode and firmware version, as well as where you bought your machine. These discussions mean nothing if we can't tell what people are doing with the camera at the time. I'm fed up of asking, but there is no chance of understanding what is going on if people just post random images with no information.

Reactions: PatR and 10-8
Look closely at the image with the wind turbine leaning, the objects at the bottom are also bent. A lens can not do this all over the image. It makes me think more of misalignment or gluing of the Cmos sensor, which although the horizon looks good, causes a distortion of the objects taken.
View attachment 8955
But the image you show is a crop, verticals on the left of the full image are leaning left and verticals on the right of the full image are leaning right, so surely this is a lens issue?

Correct Ontheropes. This is a lens issue, doesn't matter about what settings ot any of that nonsense, the distortion is there. Any object in any of the corners and leaning edges will have the distortion. Anything from the centre out has it. Although not as noticeable because it is closer to the center. Yuneec have already confirmed the distortion is there, it was to be fixed in the latest firmware by adding a better correction profile, it hasn't happened and distortion is still there.

You can paint a kettle black all day long.

The fact of the matter is, images are distorted. And the only real way to fix the problem is to replace the lens with a much better designed lens.

While many of you may be happy with it. Many also are not, hence the reason we want to return the thing. It's a Sad state of affairs when again Yuneec fail to see the camera and lenses are their weakest link, **** we still don't even have a histogram

The fact of the matter is, images are distorted.

No-one is actually denying this, we get it. You don't have to say it in every post. The next question is why are some people apparently getting better results, and some worse?

If it's a lens issue, that means there may be two batches of lenses. That would be helpful for people to know. That's why I'm asking.

It might be an early production issue, sensor alignment or some weird difference between EU and US firmware, or a whole bunch of things. No-one is getting at you or saying you should be happy when we all know you're not. But you're really not helping anyone understand the problem if all you ever post is "images are distorted". We know!!! If someone came to you after you did a lens swap and told you "my video is blurred", you'd want to know more wouldn't you?

Ontheropes, where do you see the objects on the right side of the photo go to the right. I do not see the same thing. For me, they all bow to the left. Now everyone sees what he wants to see.
eoliennne.jpg

But you have to admit, that whatever your case, other people are definitely not experiencing this type of distortion. My point is surely Yuneec DID address these problems and perhaps you and a select few have lemons.

.... saying nothing about the missing features Yuneec has promised.

Ontheropes, where do you see the objects on the right side of the photo go to the right. I do not see the same thing. For me, they all bow to the left. Now everyone sees what he wants to see.
View attachment 8956

Well I say they are leaning to the left or right as below, but the word is not important, as you will see the 2 sides of the image are leaning in different directions
crop1a.jpg crop2a.jpg

Reactions: RGilmore
That's not my case, it's Gilmore's, I think.
This camera must go back to the factory.
My E90 is quite correct, see there.

Go out and test again taking pictures. Not video screenshots. And check. Video is cropped and and had some distortion correction and is cropped along the centre of the sensor. Showing less distortion here in the left. It goes left. What you seen was a pre cropped image.

Attachments

• YUN_0003 (1).JPG
    YUN_0003 (1).JPG
    8.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180319_133036.jpg
    IMG_20180319_133036.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 17
But you have to admit, that whatever your case, other people are definitely not experiencing this type of distortion. My point is surely Yuneec DID address these problems and perhaps you and a select few have lemons.

.... saying nothing about the missing features Yuneec has promised.

Other people are experiencing it. ALL of us in the UK are having this issue. I see it in the Facebook groups too. Yet. Some are happy to live with it.

It's a joke. For a £1249 camera I expect better.

Everyone in the U.K. has this issue? How many is that? How do we know this is the case? I think it's important, as Tuna and others have been pointing out, to get down to what the true issue is. Is it a bad batch of lenses? Firmware?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my