Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.3 - 1 March 2018

Everyone in the U.K. has this issue? How many is that? How do we know this is the case? I think it's important, as Tuna and others have been pointing out, to get down to what the true issue is. Is it a bad batch of lenses? Firmware?

Well there is a group of us and we are all complaining about the same issue so it can't be a coincidence. There is no True or False Issue. It has been confirmed. Yuneec themselves have admitted already that the distortion is still there and they are working on a fix AGAIN. As for Tuna, he doesn't even have a 520 or E90 so his comments are null and void, we don't need any more evidence. Yuneec have told us that they are aware of the issue.

Reactions: Kev Waite
The problem is distributing the files may be a legal issue hence why no one has done this. Only my guess

That would be a tough legal sell. Once in public domain it would be pretty darn hard to restrict them to only upwardly numbered firmware update activities. They would prolly have to revoke previous versions, which would put them in pretty sketchy territory with those still using them. Updates are not mandatory so what people do or don’t do, or the direction they elect to do them, is not restricted. As they released their SDK’s for outside development they in turn gave public access to those files.

Do you know what? I’m sick to the teeth of all this. Full stop. It’s actually depressing that I’ve spent £6k on this platform. 520 and all 3 cameras plus a heap of extras like batteries, A10 charger, balance leads that I had to make myself, ND filters the list is endless. Do any of them do what they are supposed to do. Do they heck as like. You may have noticed I have stopped whinging over the last few weeks. Why? Coz I’ve actually had enough. The system is dog shite. End of and that is my personal summary.
90 we know all about
50 well I’d like an explanation to that. Youve seen the unusable jello effect video.
ET well what good is that seeing as it loses signal at 200m and without radio metric it’s useless.
Ok so it can tell if you are on fire. Yup great.
It can tell you your cup of tea is hotter than the class of water. Excellent
And it can tell you you are losing heat through your windows. Knew that already though.
All I can say is good luck guys on getting what you want out of this system.
May as well sell it on eBay and hope to get enough money to buy a spark.
I wish you all well on getting a result.

I understand you, mate. There comes a time when in the end everything overwhelms you. I'm sure everyone here will support you and whatever you do, good luck. Cheer up, mate :)

Information given to me by Yuneec this morning, we will wait and see if this comes to pass, but unsure how I feel now I know that CCC, as some had predicted, is never going to happen as I don't see how ROI will work without it for one thing?

"This issues you described with the E90 are being addressed as we speak and should be fixed in the next update that will come hopefully within the next week? As for the ROI and CCC :
I am unsure to the status of these features for the H520? As I’m sure your aware the H520 is currently being optimised to meet the requirements of its customers. The update list has been prioritised and modified following the customers response to using the drone. Following the release of the H+ I’m unsure if CCC will be ported over to the H520 now but ROI, as far as I’m aware, is still on the update agenda."

It's not clear quite how to interpret that. CCC is very different from DataPilot's Waypoints - so it's not at all surprising that CCC itself isn't going to turn up on the H520. It's a completely different system.

However, there is an outstanding requirement that the software DataPilot is based on should support continuous flight paths (that is, not stopping and re-adjusting orientation at each way point). So something like CCC could be provided, giving ROI and POI behaviours, but it wouldn't be like CCC which is a "bit of a hack".

I was just basing the need for CCC on that being something that would provide continuous flight paths, the stopping at each point and moving the gimbal is what I am keen to avoid. Being able to program a smooth transition between points is an essential to my mind, as doing it manually on a programmed path cannot provide the same smooth looking results.

Dave, when you say Yuneec you mean Yuneec UK, right?

I ask because it would not be the first time that we have received different and contradictory information from the UK, another from the USA and another from Germany.

Even so, any improvement and progress will be welcome :)

Dave, when you say Yuneec you mean Yuneec UK, right?

I ask because it would not be the first time that we have received different and contradictory information from the UK, another from the USA and another from Germany.

Even so, any improvement and progress will be welcome :)
I can confirm what Dave is saying as I received a similar email from Yuneec UK on Monday. Was also told that things should continue to move forward now as there has been changes to the management on the H520 project in the USA.

Reactions: arruntus
Here is the link
Thanks Javier. There is very little distortion in that image and very easy to correct the slight distortion there is. When did you buy your H520/E90? Most of the guys in the UK that have the problem seem to have bough theirs in the first batch released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis