Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.31 - 19 April 2018

Dropping to 16% did you check the battery voltage? What voltage?

Using the emergency stop button is fine when you know you have to use it. But like this time, with your left hand down the left stick to descend and land and that button is on the left as well. When you keep the left stick down all the time to disarm the engines you will tell me if you have time to press the emergency stop button. You don't have time because he's lying down in less than a second. I haven't had this problem until now, I've never had any trouble landing. Luckily without consequences :)

Please try to record video by rotating the gimbal continuously. See if any of you have those little stops I'm talking about.

We've already asked for it more times, it would be great if Yuneec could get a detailed log of all the changes he makes in each update.

Arruntus,

Have you tested your pano movements while your H520 was on the ground?

Curious if the gimbal movement is ever smooth with your copy.

Also, regarding tip over or failure to disarm motors upon landing... a couple questions:

1) do you recall if you were in full rabbit mode or closer to turtle?
2) have you checked the travel of your sticks, specifically throttle, as well as calibration?

After receiving a warranty replacement H520, I noticed a hesitation of motor shutdown if not in rabbit. J1 also fails to calibrate.

I may start a new help thread for this very scenario before I send in my ST16s and wait another week or more for a return.

Jeff

Last edited:
Arruntus,

Have you tested your pano movements while your H520 was on the ground?

Curious if the gimbal movement is ever smooth with your copy.

Also, regarding tip over or failure to disarm motors upon landing... a couple questions:

1) do you recall if you were in full rabbit mode or closer to turtle?
2) have you checked the travel of your sticks, specifically throttle, as well as calibration?

After receiving a warranty replacement H520, I noticed a hesitation of motor shutdown if not in rabbit. J1 also fails to calibrate.

I may start a new help thread for this very scenario before I send in my ST16s and wait another week or more for a return.

Jeff

Only when I fly, I have the problem. It happens to me at every speed level. When it is on the ground, it turns smoothly. Normally I do the gimbal turns for the paroramic ones in stationary flight.

I also checked the sticks and the station monitor shows me the correct values without oscillations. I've never had a problem landing before. I can't say it's usual. It just didn't disarm the engines and leaned in.

You seem to have a problem with the ST16S, you're not the first one to report problems with the controls. Some have simply solved it with CRC, with electronic circuit cleaner. Others have had to send it to Germany to be fixed.

A little video of the problem I'm talking about with the gymbal.

These are little tests that I do from time to time, at first I turn the camera very quickly. When it turns more slowly, you can see small jumps in the image. I'm thinking it might be a physical gymbal problem?

Last edited:
Is it the gimbal or is it your sd card? It looks very similar to micro stutters you get when the sd card cannot write the data fast enough.

Reactions: Graham
Unfortunately with the gimbal rotation videos, at least some of the problem can be introduced during the editing and upload phases - so reviewing footage on YouTube is not a very good way to diagnose a hardware problem. Similarly with SD cards. Panning is the 'worst case' for showing up frame rate and encoding errors that can actually occur throughout a video without being very noticeable.

One option to confirm the gimbal as the cause of the issue is to lock the gimbal and rotate the whole craft. The H520 should be able to rotate smoothly (and certainly has more mass, so won't 'twitch' as much during panning), so if you still see the jumps the problem is in the camera/editing pipeline and not the gimbal. It's not an absolute test, but may help to eliminate some problems.

Another cause of problem could be a compass fault - the gimbal needs an absolute reference to control panning, so if there is something preventing the compass from sending consistent updates to the camera it may twitch as it attempts to compensate.

Reactions: 10-8
I'll tell you, unfortunately I had bad luck with the SD cards and the ones I use now meet Yuneec's specifications. It's this SD card.

SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC

If we also take into account that these small jumps only occur in the rotation of the gimbal, the SD card is discarded as guilty. In addition these images are recorded in false 4k and at 30fps, so the data rate is even lower.

The problem persists both in the original video format and in the conversion to Youtube. True, not many video players, regardless of computer power, are able to play 4K video at 100Mbits smoothly. I've tried those that do meet those specifications and the problem persists.

I also discard the problems of the compass because in all the last flights I have calibrated it, because of the distance between them, and the aircraft has landed on top of the landingpad. In my case I have an 80cm landingpad.

These little jumps are also seen live on the ST16S screen, not just in the final results. During Easter Week when I flew with sustained winds of 60 km/h I blamed them on the strong wind, but in the last few batteries the wind could not be considered even light.

I want to discard any possible cause that is possible, thank you all for giving ideas, because to send the camera to Germany in guarantee, when this camera has almost no distortion in the image scares me. I don't want to try my luck, in case they send me a new one :rolleyes:.

The option to lock the camera position and rotate the H520 I haven't tried, I didn't think of it, I will do it. Thank you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval