Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update on kav tomorrow hopefully

Will do I hope it doesn’t reach that point but with the coordination of all affected keeping pressure on Yuneec I think legal action could be avoided I’m a bit worried about a possible bankruptcy filing in which case nobody wins but Yuneec. Sooo hear we go![emoji573]

The moment legal action becomes a reality I’m fairly certain Yuneec would close up their U.S. offices and run things from China. They have little to gain by staying as it is. There is no way on God’s Green Earth that anyone is ever going to obtain legal satisfaction from any Chinese toy company. It did’t work with DJI in earlier days and it won’t work with Yuneec.

Chinese companies are pretty much indemnified from legal action due to geography, government protections, and the fact every other country is terrified China might call on their debt.

The moment legal action becomes a reality I’m fairly certain Yuneec would close up their U.S. offices and run things from China. They have little to gain by staying as it is. There is no way on God’s Green Earth that anyone is ever going to obtain legal satisfaction from any Chinese toy company. It did’t work with DJI in earlier days and it won’t work with Yuneec.

Chinese companies are pretty much indemnified from legal action due to geography, government protections, and the fact every other country is terrified China might call on their debt.
I won't say it would happen...but, it IS possible. If, in filing a Class Action lawsuit, an immediate injunction is requested, to freeze US assets, to prevent them from Willy funneling money back to China, that would force their hand. With DJI, I'm willing to bet no injunction was filed, or even requested.

An injunction banning further import and seizure of financial assets was filed in a federal court but the only U.S. assets were remaining dealer inventory. All finances were maintained in China. So U.S. dealers suddenly found they could no longer import product, selling off their remaining stock which they had paid for prior to receiving it, and watched while new importers in Canada started importing inventory which was sold to individuals and new dealers in the U.S.

What some don’t understand is that Chinese toy goods don’t usually leave China until the shipment has been fully paid for via wire transfer from our banks to theirs.

In regards to whatever company Yuneec has now partnered with for warranty repairs, hopefully they don't screw them over, like they did with KAV.

In regards to whatever company Yuneec has now partnered with for warranty repairs, hopefully they don't screw them over, like they did with KAV.

I think whatever company does the repairs they better get some kind of formal commitment on availability of parts.

I had my H520 in at KAV for warranty work (no connection between ST16s and aircraft) just when all this crap was going down, well actually it was there from Aug 30 to Oct 14 when it was shipped out, so certainly most of the reason it took so long was probably parts shortage from Yuneec, and then the dispute which I guess had been going for a while but seemed to come to a head about early Oct.

I didn't pick up my package until this past Saturday and did a test flight on my "repaired" H520 today and was happy that the bird flew normally and the camera worked well too, although there still was a problem with the ST16s connecting to the H520. It would not connect after a 5 minute wait and only after I turned the 520 off, then back on would it eventually connect after a very long wait again. After that everything seemed normal, it flew normally and the E90 camera worked fine.

Knowing more now about the dispute between Yuneec and KAV for warranty repairs, and the fact that the silence on both sides was most likely because of lawyers getting involved, I do not blame KAV for ignoring all my calls and emails during the last 2 weeks they had it, as they were under instructions to maintain silence.
What I still would like to know is - what did they find out about the problem? (would not connect to ST16s), how did they fix it? and what parts were changed? I did find out by myself after I got it back, that they changed my E90 camera for a different one as the serial #'s are different.

So, now that it seems that the relationship between Yuneec and KAV may be permanently severed, I will try one more email to KAV to try to get a report on my repair.
Whoever the new repair center is going to be now, I hope the parts shortage from Yuneec is rectified, otherwise it may be deja-vu all over again with the new repair service.

Last edited:
I think whatever company does the repairs they better get some kind of formal commitment on availability of parts.

Perhaps setting up a revolving escrow account with a progressive payment schedule might be good idea as well.

Perhaps setting up a revolving escrow account with a progressive payment schedule might be good idea as well.
That would resolve the warranty work payment problem...but, that would solve the lack of parts problem. Yuneec can make all the promises in the world regarding keeping the repair company stocked with parts...but I'm sure they made the same promises to KAV, and look know good those promises were.

Some parts for the H480 could be a problem. The motor booms, being shorter than the Plus and 520 are prolly not being made anymore.

We might think just cutting off 520/Plus booms to length would relieve a shortage but the fact that much of the H480, 520, Plus, and H3 are the same leaves us with a condition where providing spare parts might well end up leaving them short of parts to make the H3.

However, tossing some money to the parts manufacturer would certainly entice higher production levels.

Some parts for the H480 could be a problem. The motor booms, being shorter than the Plus and 520 are prolly not being made anymore.

We might think just cutting off 520/Plus booms to length would relieve a shortage but the fact that much of the H480, 520, Plus, and H3 are the same leaves us with a condition where providing spare parts might well end up leaving them short of parts to make the H3.

However, tossing some money to the parts manufacturer would certainly entice higher production levels.
Has it been established that parts aren't being made by it's supply chain? Or is it just slow manufacture and supply! You would think its "All hands on deck" to get the H3 out.

Last edited:
“Limited” release, remember? The reason for the limitation is unpublicized. Limited number of buyers, limited ability to fund manufacturing, limited number of distributors, limited interest, limited number of payloads or batteries available? Only Yuneec knows.

Edit;
It’s been said the H3 is a Yuneec EU production. The association with Leica causes me to thing that may be so. It’s entirely possible the EU facility bought up all the spare parts to make new birds...[emoji848][emoji6]

Last edited:
“Limited” release, remember? The reason for the limitation is unpublicized. Limited number of buyers, limited ability to fund manufacturing, limited number of distributors, limited interest, limited number of payloads or batteries available? Only Yuneec knows.

Edit;
It’s been said the H3 is a Yuneec EU production. The association with Leica causes me to thing that may be so. It’s entirely possible the EU facility bought up all the spare parts to make new birds...[emoji848][emoji6]
The H plus parts, the ones just for that model have never been available or very short supply, arms have been ""out of stock" at some shops here since it's release. It has hasn't been supported as well as the 480, which seemed to be comprehensive in it's release and spares network, obviously getting a little thin Now!

The H plus parts, the ones just for that model have never been available or very short supply, arms have been ""out of stock" at some shops here since it's release. It has hasn't been supported as well as the 480, which seemed to be comprehensive in it's release and spares network, obviously getting a little thin Now!
Shelton and I had a conversation yesterday that said I talked he didn’t he told me all equipment at KAV has been shipped to another repair facility I received an email from KAV confirming that when I point blankly asked physically in this world or beyond my H+ is yep I could see his blank stare over the phone, crickets.........he couldn’t tell me. Crap.

Shelton and I had a conversation yesterday that said I talked he didn’t he told me all equipment at KAV has been shipped to another repair facility I received an email from KAV confirming that when I point blankly asked physically in this world or beyond my H+ is yep I could see his blank stare over the phone, crickets.........he couldn’t tell me. Crap.
Coloradosky doesn't believe in punctuation, grammer or sentence structure, otherwise.... its almost readable.

Last edited:
Reactions: WernerJB
Thanks for noticing, I’m a little distracted by the fact my 2000 dollar drone is on an adventure without me. Jesus get a life.
It might be on an "adventure" without you, but I wouldn't worry...it'll be "blinded" the entire trip, and won't remember a thing until it comes face-to-face with you again.

Distracted is contemplating how you are going to clear cut ten, 100 year old oak trees, 3, 30 year old pine trees, 8, 60-80’ tall eucalyptus trees, cut a 100’ diameter swath around your home to bare dirt, and remove all flowers and shrubs within 30’ of a structure to retain your fire insurance. You also get to accept your rates on car and home insurance will increase $1,000/year after you got all that done, and you have 60 days to get it done or you lose your home insurance. Adding insult to injury, you’re delaying a knee replacement until all that’s said and done.

Sorry, but I’ll take the minor drone problem any day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold