Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update on kav tomorrow hopefully

Pat,
I am an electrical engineer and troubleshoot MRI, CT, Cardiac Cath labs etc. One day down could cost a customer 20-30 thousand dollars. What I was saying was that in an ideal world every engineers troubleshooting skills would be equal but unfortunately they aren’t. What we have are some that are excellent at fixing things but terrible at customer relations. On the other hand we have some that are excellent with customer relationships but are lacking in their troubleshooting skills.
The point I was trying to get across was as long as you have communication and excellent customer service you can lack in repair time.

I cover 42 accounts throughout the northeast part of the country and also provide national support and this is the norm.

Maybe it’s different for non customer facing situations but this is what I’ve learned from my experience. Communication is key weather it’s what the customer wants to hear. You don’t leave your customer hanging and guessing what’s going on . Without the customer you don’t have a job .
Hugo,

I spent my last few working years before retirement as an advanced engine technician for a UAV company. Customer service was and is a very large part of their business policies but even with that in mind it could be several months before I could review engine failure/anomaly telemetry and over a year before I put my hands on failed product for testing, with the testing and assessment process often requiring several weeks to complete. In a company with over 1000 employees I was the only person dedicated to that task, in addition to research and development testing.

Don’t be too quick to judge other companies by the standards you operate on. For the field I was in the completion of an incident analysis and report is generally a two year process.

I completely understand what you’re saying but we have to recognize we are dealing with Chinese manufacturers. If you ever get to deal with their corporate business practices first hand you’ll learn the definition of unyielding and uncompromising. Once they have the money- they no longer have any concern for the customer. All they want is more money.

In this regard Yuneec has grown steadily and rapidly worse over the past three years, acting very much like a company with empty pockets. An American comparison might be Sears. Once a great company with wide product base and superb customer service but now an empty shell kept alive only to service the executive salaries by selling off whatever remains on the shelves from better times as their suppliers will no longer extend them credit.

My father in law was in charge a Project manager of a large windfarm in South Africa. The Chinese who funded the project with Eskom the SA power company were ruthless, devious people, money was their only motivation, they flouted immigration rules, Landowners bribed, treated the workforce like crap, workers were left unpaid for overtime, he had to fight fire with fire to get his salary paid. They would change your responsibilitiies on a whim and deduct your money, if you didn't fall into line.

I completely understand what you’re saying but we have to recognize we are dealing with Chinese manufacturers. If you ever get to deal with their corporate business practices first hand you’ll learn the definition of unyielding and uncompromising. Once they have the money- they no longer have any concern for the customer. All they want is more money.

In this regard Yuneec has grown steadily and rapidly worse over the past three years, acting very much like a company with empty pockets. An American comparison might be Sears. Once a great company with wide product base and superb customer service but now an empty shell kept alive only to service the executive salaries by selling off whatever remains on the shelves from better times as their suppliers will no longer extend them credit.
Sorry to say, but using Sears as an example is a very poor example, as "Sears" hasn't been Sears, Roebuck & Co' for a great many years. While Kmart was in bankruptcy protection, one of the things they were doing was socking away money. Upon exiting bankruptcy protection, one of the first thing they did was to buy Sears. Knowing their own very poor reputation, they changed the name of their own company to Sears Holding, Inc, and then made Kmart and Sears subdivisions of that so-called parent company. Sears has gone downhill ever since, but the fault lies entirely with Kmart.

I agree with you Pat you’re spot on with this.

I think a bit of research will show Sears bought K-Mart. Both were bankrupt before entering the deal and it’s never made any sense how two losers could think they could join to become a winner. Aside from acquiring more assets (buildings) for future liquidation there was no long term benefit.

As for Sears not being what they had been for a long time, the downward spiral didn’t happen overnight, it took years of continuous failed business decisions. With Yuneec being much smaller it has only required 4 years to accomplish, but the writing has been on the wall since 2015 after failing to pay their suppliers. The loss of Intel’s cash infusion and the distributor bankruptcy in 2018 all but cinched the future.

Edit,
Did my own research and found that K-Mart did, indeed, buy Sears. My apologies. In any case, it made no sense for two bankrupt companies to team up in failure.

Last edited:
Basically Yuneec is abandoning the US consumer market, they've been selling old stock for awhile including batteries with no new parts coming in.

I think a bit of research will show Sears bought K-Mart. Both were bankrupt before entering the deal and it’s never made any sense how two losers could think they could join to become a winner. Aside from acquiring more assets (buildings) for future liquidation there was no long term benefit.

As for Sears not being what they had been for a long time, the downward spiral didn’t happen overnight, it took years of continuous failed business decisions. With Yuneec being much smaller it has only required 4 years to accomplish, but the writing has been on the wall since 2015 after failing to pay their suppliers. The loss of Intel’s cash infusion and the distributor bankruptcy in 2018 all but cinched the future.

Edit,
Did my own research and found that K-Mart did, indeed, buy Sears. My apologies. In any case, it made no sense for two bankrupt companies to team up in failure.
I was working for Sears when Kmart bought Sears...that's how I knew, plus I also have some other "inside info". They started ruining Sears from the moment they bought it, Manning all sorts of changes to match how Kmart operates. I remember the first year Sears was open on Easter Sunday...I jokingly said, "Just watch. It won't be long until Seats is open on Thanksgiving, and then starts will be open on Christmas." Well...both came true.

Lands' End was a great company, with great products, at very reasonable products. When Sears bought it, they helped to improve Lands' End, and even have them exposure inside Sears locations...yet, at the same time, they still allowed Lands' End to operate mostly independently. When Kmart bought Sears, that's another thing they started ruining, first with placing two Kmart Board Members on the Lands' End Board, and then wanting greater internal control. It's no wonder that all Kmart-owned businesses are in trouble.

Work Yuneec, in seeing what's already happened, it doesn't surprise me. Reminds me of how Fiat ended up leaving the US market in the early 1980s. Yuneec is following the exact same pattern.

Basically Yuneec is abandoning the US consumer market, they've been selling old stock for awhile including batteries with no new parts coming in.
The batteries have been the same pretty much the same worldwide, where on earth they keep finding these 2016 ones I don't know, perhaps there newer and couldn't be bothered to print new date labels!. As for new parts stock doesn't really matter as long as its in stock. Perhaps the spares for the old H are being wound down now? Yuneec could now be concentrating on the newer models now.

I feel yuneec is lacking on stocking & making parts and keeping customers happy if yuneec got their heads sorted they could really take the market from DJI but is it too late and does not look as if their interested so will it come to a point were we all have the product but then can't sell them or have to be very careful we don't break anything
When I bought my 1st yuneec Q500 it was because of how it looked I did not want to buy a DJI as they look **** so I sold my Q and bought the Hpro love it but beginning to get a bit scared if parts are going to be hard to come by wish yuneec would give us the answers to the questions

The way business contracts are written these days I guarantee Yuneec imposed an NDA in theirs. Toss in a clause that all intra company communications be confidential and proprietary and the most you would get from KAV is crickets. The penalty for violating terms and conditions would be steep.

But people are only concerned about their drone so they will continue to blame KAV instead of looking at the bigger picture. The answers they seek have to come from Yuneec as they are the people authorizing warranty service.
So I just ended a chat with Shelton at Yuneec and after apologizing and giving me the standard answers I stated my faith and that of other pilots affected by this is waning, and in my case big time I said Yuneec needs to do the right thing I asked that my H+ be returned to me and I would repair it myself. I went on that the delays would kill me and if they could not return it I wanted a loaner until this mess is sorted out. After a long pause information magically appeared “ your unit is being shipped to another repair facility and upon check in I’ll receive an email if I don’t hear anything in a week we will explore other options “ so the fog is growing thicker and apparently my ship is on a magical mystery tour. I’ll keep you guys posted.

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
So I just ended a chat with Shelton at Yuneec and after apologizing and giving me the standard answers I stated my faith and that of other pilots affected by this is waning, and in my case big time I said Yuneec needs to do the right thing I asked that my H+ be returned to me and I would repair it myself. I went on that the delays would kill me and if they could not return it I wanted a loaner until this mess is sorted out. After a long pause information magically appeared “ your unit is being shipped to another repair facility and upon check in I’ll receive an email if I don’t hear anything in a week we will explore other options “ so the fog is growing thicker and apparently my ship is on a magical mystery tour. I’ll keep you guys posted.
It must be difficult to keep calm and not give them a piece of your mind. Hope there is some positive news soon for all affected by this fiasco!

NOT that I'm suggesting, or even recommending this...just something to keep in the back of your mind for now...but, you could always threaten 'legal action'. Depending on your state laws, what they did could be illegal. That is your property, NOT theirs, and redirecting it without your property consent could fall under "consumer protection", or similar, laws. In California, if you requested them have the TH returned to you without repair, then, they are required, by law, to do just that. They can offer/suggest other options, but, whatever you decide, that is what the law states they must do (again, in California...don't know about other states, or countries).

This could give light to what another member posted regarding Yuneec not paying KAV. Who knows at this point.

Unbelievable but I know its not. I feel for you guys. I bought into the Parrot Anafi and had a problem that needed warranty work. After shipping to the USA for repairs and 2 weeks later I get a email that they can not ship to Canada and I needed a person in the USA to ship to so that person can ship it at me at my expense. After 3 months of fighting I finally gave in and found a forum member willing to ship it to me. $80 US bucks later I got my UAV back.
So I really feel for you guys and know what your going through, hope for the best outcome.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It must be difficult to keep calm and not give them a piece of your mind. Hope there is some positive news soon for all affected by this fiasco!
Well as I stated before I teach customer care in the Denver area for the second largest grocery chain in the US and as hard as it is, ugliness directed towards some poor soul who I’m sure is as tired of issue as myself just doesn’t advance the objective. Soooo I threw in a veiled threat or two mainly tied into what Yuneec is learning that we can probably all agree at this point Yuneec is responsible for this debacle I really hope KAV survives because I believe they got a royal screw job appreciate the kind words I hope I get it before the Skydio 2 lands on my porch.

NOT that I'm suggesting, or even recommending this...just something to keep in the back of your mind for now...but, you could always threaten 'legal action'. Depending on your state laws, what they did could be illegal. That is your property, NOT theirs, and redirecting it without your property consent could fall under "consumer protection", or similar, laws. In California, if you requested them have the TH returned to you without repair, then, they are required, by law, to do just that. They can offer/suggest other options, but, whatever you decide, that is what the law states they must do (again, in California...don't know about other states, or countries).
I think all these points are becoming glaringly apparent to Yuneec and trust me I have no shortage of attorneys in my family and circle of friends I would not hesitate starting a class action. Last resort for sure but now my 2000 dollar drone is on a trip to parts unknown wow this is a very intelligent and powerful forum thanks to all and safe skies

I think all these points are becoming glaringly apparent to Yuneec and trust me I have no shortage of attorneys in my family and circle of friends I would not hesitate starting a class action. Last resort for sure but now my 2000 dollar drone is on a trip to parts unknown wow this is a very intelligent and powerful forum thanks to all and safe skies
If you do decide to gear-up for a Class-Action, be sure to let us know, as plenty of us have had problems. I got my CGO3+ back just before the $h!t hit the fan, but I haven't had the time/opportunity to test it, to make certain they fixed the problem.

If you do decide to gear-up for a Class-Action, be sure to let us know, as plenty of us have had problems. I got my CGO3+ back just before the $h!t hit the fan, but I haven't had the time/opportunity to test it, to make certain they fixed the problem.
Will do I hope it doesn’t reach that point but with the coordination of all affected keeping pressure on Yuneec I think legal action could be avoided I’m a bit worried about a possible bankruptcy filing in which case nobody wins but Yuneec. Sooo hear we go!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace