Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update on kav tomorrow hopefully

Ok. Here's what I could find out which is pretty much what Jeff sibelius says on his video. When I got there, everyone was pleasant as always. Remember I was there to have a few things checked out on my h and q. Russ and I went into the conference room which is a first time for me. Russ has absolutely nothing to do with the business end of it at all. Steve the head guy came in and without being pushy after talking about what was going on with me etc. I finally got to some questions that I knew myself and the rest of his customers want to know. Drones were coming in from ups and it was business as usual. I can tell from them that yuneec are the ones to annoy because as of today kav is working on drones for paying customers. Yuneec is in charge of the warranty part of it and apparently that's the hold up. That's all I could get. In other words I think that folks whose drones are possibly under warranty as is mine are there but maybe not being sent out. I let them know that there alot of pissed of people out there and some are considering legal action. They were not surprised but I truly believe that they are between a rock and hard place. I'm afraid there is not much else I could do except I should have asked them if they could answer the phone but I realized I was going into territory unpopular. I am a bad middle man but for all of you I didn't want to make things worse. I did the best I could. That's all I could do. Your drones are safe.

@Peter b

Just have to say thanks for taking the time and effort to travel to Raytown and checkup on the goings on at KAV Service. I understand your reluctance to get into it with Steve Dunn beyond the point you did. Hope you were able to resolve your issues, but it sounds like you may be stonewalled also since it is a warranty issue.

Great job, and a hearty thanks from your fellow forum members.

Reactions: Grumpy and sibelius
Although this was shared in another thread it is appropriate to add it to this discussion as well.

Reactions: Hugo50
I agree, Up until this situation KAV has given stellar service to me. I can't think of one time they didn't answer the phone and provide me with the answer I called about. Any email I sent was answered promptly.

The comment above about "sick of hearing people yelling in their ear and being rude" is completely absurd. Of coarse people are going to be upset when their property is at a facility for months for repair with no explanation of why.

Communication is the biggest part of customer service. It can make or break a company.

That would be a really lousy reason to stop talking to your customers.

I'm betting that somewhere in all this, a lawyer can be found telling KAV, "just don't say anything until it's settled." It's such a contrary thing for KAV to do, given the friendly, helpful nature of their customer service in the past, I'm just betting they're not talking based on legal advice.

Reactions: sibelius
I appreciate everything everyone has done with this situation with Kav service up till now. I'm much more at ease know my drone is safe with them.
I agree, Up until this situation KAV has given stellar service to me. I can't think of one time they didn't answer the phone and provide me with the answer I called about. Any email I sent was answered promptly.

The comment above about "sick of hearing people yelling in their ear and being rude" is completely absurd. Of coarse people are going to be upset when their property is at a facility for months for repair with no explanation of why.

Communication is the biggest part of customer service. It can make or break a company.

Reactions: sibelius
What this whole situation sounds like is there's a VERY high possibility (probability?) that Yuneec has fallen behind...seriously behind...on payments to KAV for warranty repairs, to which KAV would be requiring payments either up-front, it before returning drones to customers. I've seen this happen with other businesses, and, unfortunately, the customers end up receiving the "bad CS".

What this whole situation sounds like is there's a VERY high possibility (probability?) that Yuneec has fallen behind...seriously behind...on payments to KAV for warranty repairs, to which KAV would be requiring payments either up-front, it before returning drones to customers. I've seen this happen with other businesses, and, unfortunately, the customers end up receiving the "bad CS".
Probably lack of parts/ delay plays a big part too!

Probably lack of parts/ delay plays a big part too!
If true, again, this would fall on Yuneec, not KAV. If Yuneec is unable to keep KAV supplied with the necessary parts, how can people blame KAV? For people paying for repairs (which, according to the info I've read, is operating normally), KAV would be, essentially, taking money received for one repair, to purchase parts for a future repair, this they keep parts on-hands for paying customers. When they have to use those parts on warranty repairs, they're relying on Yuneec to reimburse them in a timely manner, so they can replenish those parts. If Yuneec fails to pay wick enough, KAV can't afford to replenish is quickly as they need to.

Additionally, if the parts supply is part of the problem, I can see an additional layer to what I said in my previous post - Yuneec could be withholding warranty repair payments because KAV hasn't gotten repairs done in a timely manner...but, going back to what I said in the previous paragraph, if that's due to KAV not receiving parts in a timely manner, because they can't afford to order them, because Yuneec has failed to pay for warranty repairs, then the fault is still with Yuneec.

Reactions: Chuckmc
The video he's referring to is mine -

I've got another update ready to release - I'm waiting to hear back from one of the moderators or Peter R, and when I get that I'll publish it.
Jeff thanks for staying on top of this and by the way I’m a fan of the YouTube videos in fact based on input from many pilots who have produced reviews, how to videos and the like I bought the TH + it’s really a great aircraft I think my anger has been misdirected I agree with Steve I’m sure KAV is acting on legal advice at this point because nobody in their right mind would run a business like this. Shame on Yuneec USA for issuing RA’s while knowing there was an issue that really pisses me off. haven’t lost any business yet....but I will if this doesn’t get resolved like really soon.

@Peter b

Just have to say thanks for taking the time and effort to travel to Raytown and checkup on the goings on at KAV Service. I understand your reluctance to get into it with Steve Dunn beyond the point you did. Hope you were able to resolve your issues, but it sounds like you may be stonewalled also since it is a warranty issue.

Great job, and a hearty thanks from your fellow forum members.
Absolutely! It’s folks like you that make this a wonderful forum if y’all find yourself in Denver please look me up I’ll buy you dinner thanks again!

Jeff thanks for staying on top of this and by the way I’m a fan of the YouTube videos in fact based on input from many pilots who have produced reviews, how to videos and the like I bought the TH + it’s really a great aircraft I think my anger has been misdirected I agree with Steve I’m sure KAV is acting on legal advice at this point because nobody in their right mind would run a business like this. Shame on Yuneec USA for issuing RA’s while knowing there was an issue that really pisses me off. haven’t lost any business yet....but I will if this doesn’t get resolved like really soon.
If your business is going to suffer, then perhaps a second copter(If you don't already have one) might be in order, if your livelihood is at stake.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If your business is going to suffer, then perhaps a second copter(If you don't already have one) might be in order, if your livelihood is at stake.
I’ll be okay this is a sideline business but I’m very passionate about customer care as I actually teach that as part of my day job. There is some comfort in knowing I’m not alone in this and as always stronger as a group than an individual

I asked them if there were any yuneec pilots in the k.c. area and they said there were a few. I wish I knew who they are. The real thanks goes to my friend and colleague since 1968 who lives in k.c. to see if they were even open. He called me from there and I briefly spoke with Steve. I would have never made the trip if he hadn't rang the buzzer and they happily let him into the shop. I bought jan(pronounced yan) a big meal from all of us at Joe's bbq which was awesome! The last thing I noticed at kav was that since I was last there this past may the entrance has been yuneecized with a large and ancient drone that must have been a predecessor to the h. Ugly but interesting and a new h which could have been a shell. The point being is that it told me they have no intentions of abandoning us or the company. Also russ told me he had a whole afternoon of repairs to work on. I will continue to support them and truly believe them to be straight shooters.

I asked them if there were any yuneec pilots in the k.c. area and they said there were a few. I wish I knew who they are. The real thanks goes to my friend and colleague since 1968 who lives in k.c. to see if they were even open. He called me from there and I briefly spoke with Steve. I would have never made the trip if he hadn't rang the buzzer and they happily let him into the shop. I bought jan(pronounced yan) a big meal from all of us at Joe's bbq which was awesome! The last thing I noticed at kav was that since I was last there this past may the entrance has been yuneecized with a large and ancient drone that must have been a predecessor to the h. Ugly but interesting and a new h which could have been a shell. The point being is that it told me they have no intentions of abandoning us or the company. Also russ told me he had a whole afternoon of repairs to work on. I will continue to support them and truly believe them to be straight shooters.
How many other techs did you see other than Russ? Is he the only one on staff?

He was the only one that I saw that day and if justin the camera man was there he was in the back. Brad wasn't there either to my knowledge but a bunch came in while I was there. I also left around noon so after that I don't know.
How many other techs did you see other than Russ? Is he the only one on staff?

He was the only one that I saw that day and if justin the camera man was there he was in the back. Brad wasn't there either to my knowledge but a bunch came in while I was there. I also left around noon so after that I don't know.
So, in essence, besides the possible/probable "money matters" I mentioned earlier, their also overworked & understaffed. This is sounding worse & worse.

The burden shouldn't be placed on the customer when the unit is under warranty. I'm in the service industry and work with other engineers, that should I say, arn't the sharpest tool in the bunch but their customer relations are on top. He sometimes misses simple troubleshooting which delays the repair but he always communicates to the customer. Communication is key to customer retention.

I’ll be okay this is a sideline business but I’m very passionate about customer care as I actually teach that as part of my day job. There is some comfort in knowing I’m not alone in this and as always stronger as a group than an individual

The burden shouldn't be placed on the customer when the unit is under warranty. I'm in the service industry and work with other engineers, that should I say, arn't the sharpest tool in the bunch but their customer relations are on top. He sometimes misses simple troubleshooting which delays the repair but he always communicates to the customer. Communication is key to customer retention.

Hugo,

I spent my last few working years before retirement as an advanced engine technician for a UAV company. Customer service was and is a very large part of their business policies but even with that in mind it could be several months before I could review engine failure/anomaly telemetry and over a year before I put my hands on failed product for testing, with the testing and assessment process often requiring several weeks to complete. In a company with over 1000 employees I was the only person dedicated to that task, in addition to research and development testing.

Don’t be too quick to judge other companies by the standards you operate on. For the field I was in the completion of an incident analysis and report is generally a two year process.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
That would be a really lousy reason to stop talking to your customers.

I'm betting that somewhere in all this, a lawyer can be found telling KAV, "just don't say anything until it's settled." It's such a contrary thing for KAV to do, given the friendly, helpful nature of their customer service in the past, I'm just betting they're not talking based on legal advice.
This is about the only thing making sense.

The way business contracts are written these days I guarantee Yuneec imposed an NDA in theirs. Toss in a clause that all intra company communications be confidential and proprietary and the most you would get from KAV is crickets. The penalty for violating terms and conditions would be steep.

But people are only concerned about their drone so they will continue to blame KAV instead of looking at the bigger picture. The answers they seek have to come from Yuneec as they are the people authorizing warranty service.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval