Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated Firmware: BUILD757-20180906

Completed my update with this version earlier in the day without any issues. I skipped the previous 750 update, not on purpose. This latest update came out before I got to the 750 update.
Flew 4 batteries around the yard without any of the previous issues discussed from other FW updates. Notably, I didn’t have to powercycle the ST16s with each battery change out. I watched for, and never did get the geomagnetic warning I had previously seen when changing batteries after the first flight, and had not power cycled the ST16s. There was no strange behavior with any of the flights that I noticed. Stick controls moved the H+ as they should.
It did feel to me as though the rate curves have been adjusted some from previous updates, but that could just be me since I’ve been flying my MP more while waiting for FW updates to resolve some of the concerns that have been discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver
Had installed the previous upgrade (20180824 Build 750) before installing this one; still experiencing insane amounts of jello on the video footage rendering the machine useless.
Already opened a support case with Yuneec Europe since Build 750, still no answer from them.

@Frontier Did you save the FW files from the 1.0.08_Build652_20180507 build - probably the build on the machine when you purchased it? My C23 gimbal was rock solid with this build but had bad horizontal shake when I upgraded to the 750 build. My easy solution was to downgrade the gimbal FW back to the 652 build - solved the issue for me until Yuneec gets a better way of tuning the gimbal FW.

Check out How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus on how to downgrade the gimbal FW.

@Frontier Did you save the FW files from the 1.0.08_Build652_20180507 build - probably the build on the machine when you purchased it? My C23 gimbal was rock solid with this build but had bad horizontal shake when I upgraded to the 750 build. My easy solution was to downgrade the gimbal FW back to the 652 build - solved the issue for me until Yuneec gets a better way of tuning the gimbal FW.

Check out How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus on how to downgrade the gimbal FW.
@Barton, yes I have the 20180507 update files (I always save the update files on each update) and in fact already downgraded the gimbal firmware to 20180507. On previous updates (20180824) this fixed the problem but not now. I've even performed a factory reset on the ST16S, re-installed 20180824 everywhere, downgraded gimbal to 20180507 and still jello (previously this worked).

I'm pretty sure that my gimbal has hardware issues as these downgrades worked on previous ocasions but not now. I hope that Yuneec Europe answers and provide a solution, as it is very dissapointing to experience jello in 2018 on a EUR 1800 product.

@Barton, yes I have the 20180507 update files (I always save the update files on each update) and in fact already downgraded the gimbal firmware to 20180507. On previous updates (20180824) this fixed the problem but not now. I've even performed a factory reset on the ST16S, re-installed 20180824 everywhere, downgraded gimbal to 20180507 and still jello (previously this worked).

I'm pretty sure that my gimbal has hardware issues as these downgrades worked on previous ocasions but not now. I hope that Yuneec Europe answers and provide a solution, as it is very dissapointing to experience jello in 2018 on a EUR 1800 product.
@Frontier This is not good... I had hoped that just by downgrading the gimbal FW for each new release that I could do upgrades without breaking the H+ functionality.

I would not jump to the conclusion that your gimbal has HW issues - Yuneec could very easily have altered how their approach to stabilizing the gimbal in this release which breaks the old firmware. Looking forward to what you learn from Yuneec Europe. I may be stuck at build 750 for a while... EDIT: just reread your post - now I understand why you think the gimbal itself may have an issue since a full downgrade worked in the past. Good Luck with Yuneec...

@Frontier This is not good... I had hoped that just by downgrading the gimbal FW for each new release that I could do upgrades without breaking the H+ functionality.

I would not jump to the conclusion that your gimbal has HW issues - Yuneec could very easily have altered how their approach to stabilizing the gimbal in this release which breaks the old firmware. Looking forward to what you learn from Yuneec Europe. I may be stuck at build 750 for a while... EDIT: just reread your post - now I understand why you think the gimbal itself may have an issue since a full downgrade worked in the past. Good Luck with Yuneec...
I will do another full reset and reinstall everything from 20180507 and re-test while waiting for Yuneec Europe to answer (had opened a ticket 6 days ago and was updated today but no answer yet).

Here is a 4K test video I did early today that demonstrates the jello issue.

So this is the BUILD652, tell us if that solved your problem, it's always interesting to know.
Actually, do you feel a vibration in your gimbal?

So this is the BUILD652, tell us if that solved your problem, it's always interesting to know.
Actually, do you feel a vibration in your gimbal?
The video is fw 750 on all systems except gimbal which is 652 and has jello.
I did not feel some kind of vibration on the gimbal early today when I did the test (I am at work now, do not have the TH+ with me).

I plan to do another factory reset this afternoon, flash 20180507 build 652 everywhere and test. Will report back.
No answer from Yuneec Europe yet.

I have a case with Yuneec Germany and tech guys would see if he could send me a firmware fix for the transmitter bug.
Alternative I need a new ST16S... more days on the ground...

// Martin

I have a case with Yuneec Germany and tech guys would see if he could send me a firmware fix for the transmitter bug.
Alternative I need a new ST16S... more days on the ground...

// Martin
we had more news since my last msg.
did you check the status of the TX?

@Frontier. I’ve just watched your video and that is not jello. It’s gimble vibration causing that which you already know.
I have an E50 for the 520 that has bad jello. Jello is caused by dampers not the gimble. This is what jello looks like

DAYUM! I don't think I've ever seen anything that extreme before... Jello can also be caused by unbalanced props, but you probably wouldn't be able to get off the ground with props out of balance, to the degree as is documented above.

Last edited:
@Peggy: I do not know for sure if the jello/shaking video is caused by the gimbal or the dampers; I didn't knew that jello was attributed only on dampers and frankly it does not matter to me: the end result is video shaking like jello.
In my case it was (and I am saying was because it was fixed as explained below) attributed to the gimbal as my blades are new (dampers are also fine, no marks or silicone leaks anywhere).

An update to my case posted earlier: after receiving a message from Yuneec Europe to open a service case so that an RMA can be issued to return the camera, I thought (since I had an almost full battery) to reset everything one more time.
So, after downgrading everything to build 652 (TX, aircraft, gimbal/camera), I've performed a firmware upgrade to build 750 and finally to 757.
On each firmware upgrade the gimbal code updated without any vibrations from the gimbal but upon upgrading to build 757 the gimbal made three different vibration tones. This was not the case the first time I've performed the 750 -> 757 upgrade (after every upgrade, I recalibrate compass and perform a test flight to check for jello BEFORE downgrading gimbal code to 652) as I am always near the aircraft until the procedure is finished. For a moment, I thought that the upgrade has killed the gimbal motors but they moved fine after the procedure was finished.

Thinking that I would ship the camera to service anyway, I took the H+ for a test flight (without re-calibrating the compass) and to my amazement the video was rock solid as you can see below.

I really do not know what happened and why the previous time I did the 750 -> 757 upgrade I had jello afterwards; the only difference this time is that I did not calibrate the compass (I follow the procedure where the calibration is initiated with the camera mounted and then removed) but instead went straight to flight. The same procedure (with compass calibration) was followed on 652 -> 750 upgrade, only this time I had jello afterwards and needed to downgrade the gimbal firmware to 652.

I have passed this information to Yuneec Europe and asked them to hold the RMA for a few days (we have some strong winds building up the next days) in order for the wind to calm down and test the system more.

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver
DAYUM! I don't think I've ever seen anything that extreme before... Jello can also be caused by unbalanced props, but you probably wouldn't be able to get off the ground with props out of balance, to the degree as is documented above.

Its not props Eagle as each set of dampers are different and this is only with the E50 and no other camera. It's a common thing amungst E50 users

@Peggy: I do not know for sure if the jello/shaking video is caused by the gimbal or the dampers; I didn't knew that jello was attributed only on dampers and frankly it does not matter to me: the end result is shaking in video.
In my case it was (and I am saying was because it was fixed as explained below) attributed to the gimbal as my blades are new (dampers are also fine, no marks or silicone leaks anywhere).

An update to my case posted earlier: after receiving a message from Yuneec Europe to open a service case so that an RMA can be issued to return the camera, I thought (since I had an almost full battery) to reset everything one more time.
So, after downgrading everything to build 652 (TX, aircraft, gimbal/camera), I've performed a firmware upgrade to build 750 and finally to 757.
On each firmware upgrade the gimbal code updated without any vibrations from the gimbal but upon upgrading to build 757 the gimbal made a three vibration 'tones' (i.e three different vibration tones) which did not make the first time I've performed the 750 -> 757 upgrade (after every upgrade, I recalibrate compass and perform a test flight to check for jello BEFORE downgrading gimbal code to 652). For a moment, I thought that the upgrade has killed the gimbal motors but they moved fine after the procedure was finished.

Thinking that I would ship the camera to service anyway, I took the H+ for a test flight (without re-calibrating the compass) and to my amazement the video was rock solid as you can see below.

I really do not know what happened and why previous time I did the 750 -> 757 upgrade, I had jello afterwards; the only difference this time is that I did not calibrate the compass (I follow the procedure where the calibration is initiated with the camera mounted and then removed) but instead gone straight to flight. The same procedure (with compass calibration) was followed on 652 -> 750 upgrade, only this time I had jello afterwards and needed to downgrade the firmware.

I have passed this information to Yuneec Europe and asked them to hold the RMA for a few days (we have some strong winds building up the next days) in order for the wind to calm down and test the system more.

To be honest I would be inclined to stick it up in the high winds for a real test. An H Plus will happily sit on winds of 40mph as I have tested it out in those conditions. It doesnt go very fast but it sits there rock solid....ish

Reactions: Frontier
@Peggy: I do not know for sure if the jello/shaking video is caused by the gimbal or the dampers; I didn't knew that jello was attributed only on dampers and frankly it does not matter to me: the end result is video shaking like jello.

On each firmware upgrade the gimbal code updated without any vibrations from the gimbal but upon upgrading to build 757 the gimbal made a three vibration 'tone' (i.e three different vibration tones) which did not make the first time I've performed the 750 -> 757 upgrade (after every upgrade, I recalibrate compass and perform a test flight to check for jello BEFORE downgrading gimbal code to 652). For a moment, I thought that the upgrade has killed the gimbal motors but they moved fine after the procedure was finished.

I really do not know what happened and why previous time I did the 750 -> 757 upgrade, I had jello afterwards; the only difference this time is that I did not calibrate the compass (I follow the procedure where the calibration is initiated with the camera mounted and then removed) but instead gone straight to flight. The same procedure (with compass calibration) was followed on 652 -> 750 upgrade, only this time I had jello afterwards and needed to downgrade the firmware.

After several weeks of updating, we can only note that the success of the facilities is quite random ...
With the same BUILD, we can have a default, we start the installation, or we erase everything and we start again and the default can disappear.
YUNEEC, you have an update procedure problem, i think...

To be honest I would be inclined to stick it up in the high winds for a real test. An H Plus will happily sit on winds of 40mph as I have tested it out in those conditions. It doesnt go very fast but it sits there rock solid....ish
This might be true but - as you can see - I've tested in a very condensed urban area (wind was over 3 Beaufort, as seen on the plants above me) and did not want to push my luck :)

In any case, I will do more tests on open areas elsewhere but - for the time being - I am glad that this issue seems to be resolved.

Reactions: Peggy
This might be true but - as you can see - I've tested in a very condensed urban area (wind was over 3 Beaufort, as seen on the plants above me) and did not want to push my luck :)

In any case, I will do more tests on open areas elsewhere but - for the time being - I am glad that this issue seems to be resolved.
So amI, congrats

After several weeks of updating, we can only note that the success of the facilities is quite random ...
With the same BUILD, we can have a default, we start the installation, or we erase everything and we start again and the default can disappear.
YUNEEC, you have an update procedure problem, i think...

This is what puzzled me the most; doing exactly the same thing (minus the compass calibration) regarding upgrading twice and get different results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio