Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated ST16 with Typhoon H Pro - 3rd Antenna

What would the antennae have to do with the realsense module? Isn't the point of it to act independent of control inputs?

Better display for higher resolution: supports up to 1080P screen - I though our camera was streaming only 720p, does this mean a better camera? Did they **** the last of the CGO3P camera's on us while they were still developing the actual H which was always intended to have RealSense?
Low latency: <200ms overall latency from camera to display - Does this mean Lightbridge type connection as opposed to the wifi we have now?
Additional functionalities: HDMI output, 3G connection, etc. - 3G I guess it will be able to have live maps and waypoints by maps...

Reactions: Firman
Better display for higher resolution: supports up to 1080P screen - I though our camera was streaming only 720p, does this mean a better camera? Did they **** the last of the CGO3P camera's on us while they were still developing the actual H which was always intended to have RealSense?
Low latency: <200ms overall latency from camera to display - Does this mean Lightbridge type connection as opposed to the wifi we have now?
Additional functionalities: HDMI output, 3G connection, etc. - 3G I guess it will be able to have live maps and waypoints by maps...

Is the above your wish list to Yuneec, because it's certainly not reality for the year 2016 and the Typhoon H.

Is the above your wish list to Yuneec, because it's certainly not reality for the year 2016 and the Typhoon H.
what about and

It's a list pulled from an earlier post in this thread post 32.
"What other Intel technologies are incorporated into Typhoon H with Intel RealSense Technology?

The ST16 controller has an Atom™ processor inside, running a full Android Operating System and enables:

Better display for higher resolution: supports up to 1080P screen
Low latency: <200ms overall latency from camera to display
Additional functionalities: HDMI output, 3G connection, etc.
More powerful: 16 control channels, improved UI design, standardized control protocol"

If they pull this controller out of the bag for the H as part of a pro package after promising the only difference was the add-on RS module, 2 batteries & case, well this would be new machine altogether given it's connected hardware, and they are going to have ruffled this ducks feathers quite a bit.

"What other Intel technologies are incorporated into Typhoon H with Intel RealSense Technology?

The ST16 controller has an Atom™ processor inside, running a full Android Operating System and enables:

More powerful: 16 control channels, improved UI design, standardized control protocol"

If they pull this controller out of the bag for the H as part of a pro package after promising the only difference was the add-on RS module, 2 batteries & case, well this would be new machine altogether given it's connected hardware, and they are going to have ruffled this ducks feathers quite a bit.

As far as I know once the new orders include the RS go out it will also go out with a new ST16 Transmitter its ironic that it's going out as the same time of the RS but has nothing to do with it...so Yes all new orders get the new controller...which I agree this was never stated. I was hesitant to get the H until some months but I had already sold my other 2 rigs to offset the price of the H and didn't want to wait too long to get another bird up in the sky, but I was told the H is a modular design and they wont do what they did with the Q500 months later the 500+ and further months down the line the 500 4K...so at this point the system is modular to add on the real sense but the ST16 is another question...I think to be fair they should either accept the ST 16's back and modify them and sell them as refurbished OR allow the transmitters to be sent in for a free upgrade as its quite easy to drill a hole and add the third antenna.

Ahhhhh.... I was thinking it was a wish list for the newer model ST16. My bad.

The android tablet in the ST16 does support 1080p, however, the signal from the Typhoon to the ST16 will never be more than 720p based on the current hardware specs of the camera & the receiver in the ST16.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the 3G connection? 3G connection normally means cell data, which then in turn means we'd have to buy a SIM card and place it in the ST16. The ST16 doesn't take SIM cards and from what we know it doesn't have a chip in it to speak with cell towers. If it did, then certainly we could have maps and be able to stream video in real time to social networks.

It must mean something else because if my H is going to rely on cell towers I'm selling it...based on my shi* experience with multiple cell phone providers and my current one that means bye bye H in the sky...

Ahhhhh.... I was thinking it was a wish list for the newer model ST16. My bad.

The android tablet in the ST16 does support 1080p, however, the signal from the Typhoon to the ST16 will never be more than 720p based on the current hardware specs of the camera & the receiver in the ST16.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the 3G connection? 3G connection normally means cell data, which then in turn means we'd have to buy a SIM card and place it in the ST16. The ST16 doesn't take SIM cards and from what we know it doesn't have a chip in it to speak with cell towers. If it did, then certainly we could have maps and be able to stream video in real time to social networks.

I looked in the hardware setting too of the Android, like you say there docent appear to be any cell hardware listed or even bluetooth which you think is a basic in any device, so maybe they have it hidden? The micro sd card and micro sim cards are the exact same size, some android phones share the same slot for both making then interchangeable.

I'll try and quote properly in future not to be dishing out confuddelment ..

Reactions: JohnL
It must mean something else because if my H is going to rely on cell towers I'm selling it...based on my shi* experience with multiple cell phone providers and my current one that means bye bye H in the sky...

Remember, this is only speculation on my part. Other than what was written in the text, I've never heard of Yuneec adding 3G capability to the ST16 so it could be years before we even see such an option.

I'd doubt that it would rely on cell towers, I think this would stray into all sorts of other RC issues of control of aircraft etc, I'd imagine if they were to use cell data, it would be to pull down maps to use optionally if you wanted to nav by preset waypoints. I could never impinge any situation where any function you already have would be compromised by a new feature, defiantly not something to be worried about, it's only something that maybe might come as a bonus or not.

No worries. Just don't mention the new nuclear powered ST16++ 4K with nine gold plated antennas and handy side beer cup holder or we could have a riot on our hands. :)

That's actually the ST17 the ST16++ isn't going to have the beer cup holder but in speculation the ST17 may have the beer chiller module added that works of the satellite zippity do da from the universe of OZ. But again that's just speculation :rolleyes:

That's actually the ST17 the ST16++ isn't going to have the beer cup holder but in speculation the ST17 may have the beer chiller module added that works of the satellite zippity do da from the universe of OZ. But again that's just speculation :rolleyes:

OK, I just found a picture of a Yuneec technician with the new ST17 you were speaking about. Has a few more buttons and dials than the ST16, but I'm looking forward to it! Also, it appears that it comes with a cool set of headphones. :)

ST17.jpg

WOW..... Lets step back guys, we are getting carried away here. We do NOT know YET how Yuneec will handle this but as stated above...lets see where they go with it.
ALSO remember this.... BEFORE the H was even launched, there was a video I watched at the show for its official launch where it is stated by the Yuneec dude that the H will be upgradeable with any new bits they add to it. So my understanding of that is... whatever they improve or add to the H is upgradable.... This usually means ya gotta pay for the upgrade. But it was stated in the video.

Reactions: m20b_pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio