Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Editing

Reaction score
Being able to successfully edit 4k video is probably going to cost me more than the Typhoon-H.

I'm sure this is nothing new to the pro photographers. Just a lesson I'm learning as I continue to explore this hobby. Thinking about buying the MacBook with iMovie & Final Cut Pro.

Following is a brief video - all that my current PC can handle and shared in lower res for YouTube.

Whatever you decide to purchase anything to do with acquisition of video or editing, very quickly becomes obsolete just enjoy and have fun whilst it last, because it wont be long before you are forced to start all over again.

Being able to successfully edit 4k video is probably going to cost me more than the Typhoon-H.

I'm sure this is nothing new to the pro photographers. Just a lesson I'm learning as I continue to explore this hobby. Thinking about buying the MacBook with iMovie & Final Cut Pro.

Following is a brief video - all that my current PC can handle and shared in lower res for YouTube.

Hi there. I have always used Pinnacle Studio for all of my video editing and it works fine and is pretty cheap too. Hope that helps!

I am doing a trial version of Movavi. So far I like it. It has some camtasia functions that I want too.

I'm a Lightworks fan, but my PC struggles with 4K content. Hmmm...

Adobe Premier Elements (latest version) has always served me well, and I've played with'em all. Any NLE worth a darn is going to be CPU/HDD performance hog. I'm not a pro video editor and PE has always served me well.

Quick, cheap, and easy and suits my needs, because this is a hobby for me, and I simply don't have time for anything else. I have other hobbies and other things to do. :)

Adobe Premiere Pro had several versions over the years used for wedding video editing, whilst Premiere Pro has a large sharp learning curve and would probably not suit the casual or hobby user also its not cheap, and had I not been involved with doing wedding videos part time in the past I would not have gone this route, but as I already had this it made sense to use it.

Updated :- Sorry I should have mentioned both my Sony Vaio laptop and my dedicated pc for video editing are fitted with a Nvidia Quadro Cuda graphics card.

Last edited:
I use Corel Video Studio x9 now.
I have Sony Vegas too but my i5 Surface pro 3 could not keep up with it. Freeze Freeze...
Corel uses Smart Proxy so you edit a much lower res version so the machine runs better.
The full res is then rendered. I store my footage on an external HD.
Might not be as full featured as Sony's or Adobe's offerings but it works for me.
I am still a total rookie. Anyone else use Corel and what do you think?

I use Corel Video Studio x9 now.
I have Sony Vegas too but my i5 Surface pro 3 could not keep up with it. Freeze Freeze...
Corel uses Smart Proxy so you edit a much lower res version so the machine runs better.
The full res is then rendered. I store my footage on an external HD.
Might not be as full featured as Sony's or Adobe's offerings but it works for me.
I am still a total rookie. Anyone else use Corel and what do you think?
I use Corel Video Studio x9 too. I'm very satisfied with it because it's very simple and the export (share) works like a charm
I tried davinci resolve, very powerfull but I waqs unable too produce a smooth video at the end (maybe my parameters are bad, but I'm a lazy man)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval