Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video fault

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First of all, if this issue has been addressed by someone previously, please forgive me and point me to the thread. I have done a search but can't find the specific issue.

I have a second hand Yuneec, with the CGO camera. All standard.

The camera takes stills ok, and says it is recording video when it should, but when I retrieve them off the disk, there is no image, just some pixellated hash along the top of the screen.
It records audio, (though it is noisy) and shows files of the recording time length, but just won't retrieve them properly.

I have tried it both on the drone and the hand held. Both the same. It shows the video just fine on the phone and the controller while operating. The wifi is all working.
I tried to upload a file as an example, but after it loaded, apparently there was a problem, and it dropped off to the interspace.....perhaps the files are in the wrong format for the forum? It won't even show the files on the card, and a drag and drop didn't work? I took a couple of pictures with my phone. The first is the video playing, the second is the file list.
I have tried inserting the card into the camera, booting it all up and recording for a few seconds. No change to the existing files.
When I click on the file, I get a preview picture in media player, but that's all, so I know the file itself is complete. Is there some setting somewhere I am missing?

Is there a solution?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG20211126120815.jpg
    IMG20211126120815.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG20211126120752.jpg
    IMG20211126120752.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 12
It could be your video resolution settings are higher than the SD CARD can handle.
What video resolution setting are you using?
What is the brand, the size and the rating of the SD card?
What firmware version is running on your camera?

In addition to what has already been indicated by @WTFDproject, before having this problem could you see the videos?
From the size of the files the resolution is definitely the first thing to check.
Is Media player up to date? Sometimes the decoders are out of date.

Reactions: Chris Koch
Hi. Thanks WTFD. The card is a Panasonic 16 gig. Media player is up to date. Version 12.0.7601.23930.
It is an older version. Too old? Firmware on the drone is version 1.07. Where do I find the camera resolution? It doesn't come up in the GUI. There is nothing to even see what the camera is. Is this set with the hand controller? There is very little in the GUI to do much of anything. It is version 1.01. Is there an update?
Thanks.

In addition to what has already been indicated by @WTFDproject, before having this problem could you see the videos?
From the size of the files the resolution is definitely the first thing to check.
Is Media player up to date? Sometimes the decoders are out of date.
Thanks Pier2162. It has done this since I first flew it, so perhaps the previous owner couldn't get it to work either.....might be why it was cheap. He showed me some still images and not knowing any better I did not ask to see any video.

Ahh, Found the video settings. Turned it down a notch. Will see if this works. I also reset the machine back to factory when I first got it to delete all old data off the internal card. I am assuming it is compatible or else it would not me working?? Should I check the brand on it do you think? It is a bit fiddly to get to.

One notch didn't work so I turned it down to the lowest setting. I now have half a picture......the top half of the screen in media player. The rest is black with a pixelated edge.

C428A48F-A294-4D46-B6F6-E381657CE2A3.jpegB8A644A6-5C7F-4193-B065-D2C8172F8341.jpegA5EA0E94-1CD6-428D-A3C8-47A2DC5A163D.jpeg
The cards shown here are all compatible to take still photos with your CGO3 camera by having the Class 10 rating. The Samsung in the middle is NOT suitable for taking 4K video as it only has a U1 rating. The SanDisk and Panasonic both have a U3 rating which is good for 4K video. Another rating to look for on SD cards is the V rating with V30 being good for 4K video (SanDisk above), and V10 is good enough for 1080p, but not 4K.

You can test the camera while still on the ground. Try setting the camera to take video at 1080p and see if you get it to record a usable video file.

Ahh, Found the video settings. Turned it down a notch. Will see if this works. I also reset the machine back to factory when I first got it to delete all old data off the internal card. I am assuming it is compatible or else it would not me working?? Should I check the brand on it do you think? It is a bit fiddly to get to.
Where is the card you are recording video that you are trying to playback? In the CGO3 camera, or in the ST10+ under the battery?

You need a Class 10, U3 rated card in the CGO3 to record video. Any on the ST10+ is just a low resolution version captured from the video stream.

Where is the card you are recording video that you are trying to playback? In the CGO3 camera, or in the ST10+ under the battery?

You need a Class 10, U3 rated card in the CGO3 to record video. Any on the ST10+ is just a low resolution version captured from the video stream.
Hi DoomMeister. Yes, the card is a Class 10. The same as the Panasonic above. In the CGO3. Not sure what is in the drone.

Aaannnnd now, nothing is playing back at all. Some kind of server error. I even formatted the card. No change. I will tackle it again in the morning.
Thanks everyone.

Thanks Pier2162. It has done this since I first flew it, so perhaps the previous owner couldn't get it to work either.....might be why it was cheap. He showed me some still images and not knowing any better I did not ask to see any video.
Try to download VLC media player, this program is much better than the one that comes with Windows...

I had similar behavior on my pc when using Media player on Windows 7.

Found that it will record at 2560x1440F30. Is there something that might be done to improve this? Happy to use it as is, but more is always better. Thanks guys.
I thought perhaps a strip down and clean of the contacts or is this something not easily done? I also read somewhere that the wifi connectors might come loose or corode. Could that be causing a data loss preventing it from recording at the higher bitrate?
If so, is there a sticky to guide me through the process?
Daniel.

P.S.
I haven't been right through the site, and am only just getting into the sport, but is there a place where people share their footage for fun?

You can post links to your videos in the Photos and Videos forum. Upload them to YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, or other such site and put the shareable link in your post on this forum.

Since you are able to record to the card in the camera at 2560x1440F30 it sounds like either an issue with the SD card being too slow to record at higher resolutions or your computer has issues playing back the higher resolution videos. For 4K video the SD card needs the U3 rating and/or V30 rating. Also try copying the video to your HD on the computer and playing back from there instead of directly from the SD card. Some SD card readers/slots are not up to playing 4K video right from the card.

Reactions: Pier2162
You can post links to your videos in the Photos and Videos forum. Upload them to YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, or other such site and put the shareable link in your post on this forum.

Since you are able to record to the card in the camera at 2560x1440F30 it sounds like either an issue with the SD card being too slow to record at higher resolutions or your computer has issues playing back the higher resolution videos. For 4K video the SD card needs the U3 rating and/or V30 rating. Also try copying the video to your HD on the computer and playing back from there instead of directly from the SD card. Some SD card readers/slots are not up to playing 4K video right from the card.
I will try transferring a faster file to the hard drive. I hadn't thought of that! Thanks.
Also, I will be getting out to take some action video soon. I have a "follow me" stick and am looking forward to using it. Stay tuned!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval