Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video files won't load

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been having this problem since I first got my quad (Q550 4k). The videos that I take won't play in Windows 10.

I can upload the video mp4 files to YouTube no problem, but those same files throw an error code when attempting to play them on a computer or laptop.

I thought it might just be my computer, so I copied the files to another folder on the micro disk and took it to Costco and tried to play them on a brand new laptop, with tons of processing power and a high end graphics card....Same thing happened there.

I have to be able to view these files in the field, before returning all the way home, uploading to YouTube and waiting for them to be processed. If I can't get this to work, then I am afraid all the time and money I have spent is for nothing!

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks In Advance

TW

TW, have you tried re-saving the files, to see if that works? Maybe saving as a different codec encoding?

I have had good results with Video Converter Factory Pro... Official | WonderFox DVD Ripper, HD Video Converter , DVD Converter Software - Simplify Your Life

It will handle 4k or below... also you could downsize the original to 1080p with that program, to do a quick review.

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't solve my problem of reviewing the files in the field....I want to be able to check the files, before leaving the shoot, to ensure the client is getting what they want, and I have usable footage. It seems ludicrous that these files can't be read by a computer, but upload to YouTube no problem!!!

VCF could be loaded onto your laptop to convert, and subsequently review immediately...

VCF could be loaded onto your laptop to convert, and subsequently review immediately...
I don't have a laptop and I am not going to buy one unless and until I can play the files that this camera records! Sorry, but I am VERY FRUSTRATED by this, I have been trying to get this to work for MONTHS!

What error code are you getting? That might help forum members help suggest possible solutions.

I don't believe there is an error code as such...I can't test it here, since trying to play it on my computer here....hard crashes it. I think the pop up message just says the file is corrupt etc and can't be played.

A quote below, from @Tuna in another thread, that might be relevant to your current difficulties...

When it comes to cards, make sure you're not using clone cards (I know a few people who've been bitten by this), and copy your files to your PC (ideally onto an SSD) before editing - playing back from SD is fairly unreliable even on high end rigs. The CGO3+ video is tuned for efficient writing rather than playback, so if you're using a decent video editor, get it to transcode ('proxy files') before editing to get smooth playback.

I tried to email support at Yuneec (Twice) and got a daemon fatal error...I can't help but believe the Universe is conspiring against me.....LOL

I was thinking that the issues of "playing back from SD is fairly unreliable even on high end rigs." being more related to your described errors above.

I don't believe there is an error code as such...I can't test it here, since trying to play it on my computer here....hard crashes it. I think the pop up message just says the file is corrupt etc and can't be played.

Attachments

• Cant Play.jpg
    Cant Play.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 9
I was thinking that the issues of "playing back from SD is fairly unreliable even on high end rigs." being more related to your described errors above.
I just tried copying the files to my SSD (The C drive on my computer) and got the error I just posted.

Here is the file after uploading to YouTube.

i know if you dont stop recording and shut down the "h" then you get an error code, if that's the case then you have to restart the "h" then hit record again to record, and then hit again to stop recording, this will close the previous file.

I am wondering if the problem stems from missing codecs for playback.

Try this player and see if you get the same error message.

Downloads · MPC-HC
Thanks Steve. The files still don't play from the card, although I like the player and was wondering about the codec as well (Doom). I think maybe I need to start over with the card. I could use help in how to go about doing that though.

Thanks Guys Much Appreciated!

Thanks Steve. The files still don't play from the card, although I like the player and was wondering about the codec as well (Doom). I think maybe I need to start over with the card. I could use help in how to go about doing that though.
Thanks Guys Much Appreciated!
That would be my next suggestion. Try a 16 or 32 GB U3 card. You don't have to fly to test it. Just hand fly around the house to check results.
Also, remember to format the cards on a regular basis. Writing and deleting files fragments the cards which makes recording more of a challenge.

That would be my next suggestion. Try a 16 or 32 GB U3 card. You don't have to fly to test it. Just hand fly around the house to check results.
Also, remember to format the cards on a regular basis. Writing and deleting files fragments the cards which makes recording more of a challenge.

I have 2 options on my computer to format the card...NTFS and exFAT.

I also have various allocation settings ranging from 16kb to 32768kb with the default setting of 12kb.
Which ones should I use?

TIA

TW :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop