Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video loss when picking up the chassis

Reaction score
I have such a problem and the dealer has not yet solved it.
If I take off my Typhoon H and fold the chassis ..... the video signal will be lost and it will start to sync again.
this outage is almost regular and the startup lasts for 1 minute.
Do you have any advice for me ????
Tanoy

Tanoy,

When you state "fold the chassis" are you referring to raises the legs?

Also, since you posted twice in two different languages, I am going to guess you are in Europe.

There have been discussions regarding the European firmware having this issue, losing video signal with gear up, and then the signal returns.

Suggest doing a search on keywords such as "raise legs lose video". You should find several related discussions like this one.

Good luck!

Jeff

If I take off my Typhoon H and fold the chassis ..... the video signal will be lost and it will start to sync again.
Tanoy
Hi Tanoy, yes it's a "feature" you have to live with, that you'll loose the video signal for a minute or so when you raise the landing gear. Seems only to affect the EU version. But It will not happen all the time. The cam recording will however still work w/o interuption.

What I do now is take off, raise the landing gear and after that is done I start recording. This way I don't loose connection with the H.
Kai, then you are just "lucky", the problem is that it's the wifi that stops connection with the H when you raise the landing gear, not the recording.

Last edited:
..how i know too, but how to get rid of the problem?
It really does not matter, but it shortens the time of filming and flying when it has to wait.

Yes, this problem has been discussed at length previously. I have this problem too. Not every flight but enough for it to be annoying. Indeed, It's the one thing that let's down the H for me. I can take great lengths to set up the camera on the ground...white card and stuff, but all the settings that I've taken great pains to get just right are lost when the camera looses connection. Not really a problem when i'm just doing a recreational flight but can be a real pain if I'm doing a paid flight since it can be a bit embarrassing if the client notices the loss of images.

For example, I was doing a commercial flight a week ago last Friday. It was essentially a single battery job taking still images. I'd set up the camera on the ground but when raising the gear after take-off I lost the camera feed. Fortunately the client didn't notice since he was busy watching the aircraft and once the camera had re-connected I re-did all the settings in the air and continued with the job. But her's the bummer: Once I'd finished the job and landed I still had another fully charged flight battery so I decided to run that through the aircraft to run it down to storage. I took off without bothering to set the camera up properly. I decided to shoot a quick video. Yep, you guessed it...no loss of camera connection. My typical luck: Problems when it mattered, no problem when it didn't matter.

Thanks to not one but two warranty replacements, I am now on Typhoon #3. For what it's worth, #1 and #3 have had this issue. #2 never did. All were EU stock. Never could work out why......

Tanoy

Hi

I also had this issue and it has been confirmed that this is an issue with the EU firmware. The first WiFi Lock is weak and when the landing gear is retracted it interfears with the signal. Due to the EU firmware on 700mhz it takes a while to siv through and the find the connection. Having said that the second connection is stronger and no problems seem to manifest.

This is still not great and following complaining to Yuneec EU I was told a software fix is being looked at but this issue has been around for s long time, with no resolution yet.

However, I have found that if you wait for the inertial connecting to be made, before starting the motors and taking off, press system information on the ST16 and go to the bind screen. This disconects the camera and RC, then from the bind screen select the camera and press bind. Once this has been done press return to go back to the flight view on ST16. You should find that the camera is already connected or connects in a few seconds. This should then mean the first weak WiFi connection has be replaced by the second stronger connection. Now your ready to take off and fly!!!

I have found this method to reduce the disconnections dramatically and I have only experienced 1 disconnection in the last 10 flights using this method. Try it and let me know how you get on, it seems to work well for me!!

Reactions: FlushVision
Don't be afraid to use Google Translate - it oftens does a pretty good job. In this case he said:

Thanks for your advice I will try the weekend.

Google says the language is Czech.
Ha ha thank you but due to work commitments I didn’t have time to look it up straight away and as his original post was in English it was just a joke but I did look it up following My last comment so all good ;-).

Hi

I also had this issue and it has been confirmed that this is an issue with the EU firmware. The first WiFi Lock is weak and when the landing gear is retracted it interfears with the signal. Due to the EU firmware on 700mhz it takes a while to siv through and the find the connection. Having said that the second connection is stronger and no problems seem to manifest.

This is still not great and following complaining to Yuneec EU I was told a software fix is being looked at but this issue has been around for s long time, with no resolution yet.

However, I have found that if you wait for the inertial connecting to be made, before starting the motors and taking off, press system information on the ST16 and go to the bind screen. This disconects the camera and RC, then from the bind screen select the camera and press bind. Once this has been done press return to go back to the flight view on ST16. You should find that the camera is already connected or connects in a few seconds. This should then mean the first weak WiFi connection has be replaced by the second stronger connection. Now your ready to take off and fly!!!

I have found this method to reduce the disconnections dramatically and I have only experienced 1 disconnection in the last 10 flights using this method. Try it and let me know how you get on, it seems to work well for me!!
Good post Danosa1. I learned something there. Yes, even an old hand like me can still learn a trick or two. While I had a vague idea about the weak first connection it never occurred to me to follow you above procedure to try and establish a stronger connection.

I flew my H480 a couple of days ago (four flights) and didn't experience the camera loss on either of them, but that's the nature of the beast. You just can't predict when you will have the problem. Your method would seem to make things far more reliable. I'll try it next time I'm flying my H.

Good post Danosa1. I learned something there. Yes, even an old hand like me can still learn a trick or two. While I had a vague idea about the weak first connection it never occurred to me to follow you above procedure to try and establish a stronger connection.

I flew my H480 a couple of days ago (four flights) and didn't experience the camera loss on either of them, but that's the nature of the beast. You just can't predict when you will have the problem. Your method would seem to make things far more reliable. I'll try it next time I'm flying my H.

Hi FlushVision,

Thank you, Please do give it a try and let me know how you get on, it works well for me so I hope others can benefit from the procedure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval