Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

video transmission problem / loss

Reaction score
Dear community,

For about a year I'm using the H520 with great pleasure. However, sporadicly, all of a sudden my video transmission from the camera to the ST16S fails during flight. It has nothing to do with the distance. Sometimes the copter is very near and all of a sudden no more image. I can control the copter and the camera, yet I don't see anything on the ST16S. One I had that when flying about 150-200 m away in the open field, and last time I had that when I interrupted a planned mission only 30m away from me.

Anyone an idea how I can avoid the loss of video, or how I could reconnect / regain the video transmission while being in flight (so avoiding to have to come back, land, power off, and power on again, which was the only solution that seemed to work in both above occasions)?

Thanks!!

It is important to know if it is an actual video problem or a problem with the transmission of the video. Did it continue to record video on the SD card when you could see nothing on the ST16S screen?

Reactions: DoomMeister
Is there any possibility that there are WiFi AP’s in the area that you have connected the ST16S to at anytime in the past? Maybe to download maps for DataPilot. Like any other Android device the ST16S prefers to be connected to the internet and if it detects a strong WiFi signal will try connecting to it instead of a weaker one.

Do you use the mushroom shaped omnidirectional antenna on the controller or the flat square patch antenna?

It is important to know if it is an actual video problem or a problem with the transmission of the video. Did it continue to record video on the SD card when you could see nothing on the ST16S screen?
I wasn't recording, just flying at that moment...

Is there any possibility that there are WiFi AP’s in the area that you have connected the ST16S to at anytime in the past? Maybe to download maps for DataPilot. Like any other Android device the ST16S prefers to be connected to the internet and if it detects a strong WiFi signal will try connecting to it instead of a weaker one.

Do you use the mushroom shaped omnidirectional antenna on the controller or the flat square patch antenna?
it was on our flying club, but no one was there. so no wifi nearby...

The possible problems are nearly endless without more information. It could be a problem with lens sensor, the ribbon to the main camera board, the main camera board itself, the WiFi board in the camera, either of the two ribbons going from the camera board to the WiFi RF unit, the WiFi RF unit itself, or even the antenna. And that's just the camera part. There is a similar litany of possibilities in the controller. It would be good if you could turn on the camera and start recording for awhile. The hope would be that the problem will occur, and then we would have at least a start on troubleshooting. You could also use one of the a WiFi analyzer APPS available for your smartphone to evaluate whether or not the camera is transmitting a reliable signal.

Android has a bad habit of searching for a router if it was previously connected to one. While this may not be the problem with yours, it's good to eliminate it as a possibility.
Go to the Android wifi menu and select each wifi listed and then select "Forget". (Leave the E90)

Android has a bad habit of searching for a router if it was previously connected to one. While this may not be the problem with yours, it's good to eliminate it as a possibility.
Go to the Android wifi menu and select each wifi listed and then select "Forget". (Leave the E90)
will try that! thanks

The possible problems are nearly endless without more information. It could be a problem with lens sensor, the ribbon to the main camera board, the main camera board itself, the WiFi board in the camera, either of the two ribbons going from the camera board to the WiFi RF unit, the WiFi RF unit itself, or even the antenna. And that's just the camera part. There is a similar litany of possibilities in the controller. It would be good if you could turn on the camera and start recording for awhile. The hope would be that the problem will occur, and then we would have at least a start on troubleshooting. You could also use one of the a WiFi analyzer APPS available for your smartphone to evaluate whether or not the camera is transmitting a reliable signal.
thanks. will rty to check it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval