Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Want to help make a better manual?

Thanks everyone, because of you guys I had a flawless first flight yesterday
The check list and videos that was posted was genius! I can't wait to get in the air again.

Where did you get the "The check list and videos that was posted was genius!

I just posted my problems with getting to a first flight and need all the help I can get.

Very very nice job, went through it quickly, will read it over in detail later today. Did not notice was there a section on doing proper firmware updates etc. A lot of work went in to it and again great work @PatR

A lot of people provided input for what is thus far compiled. Great kudos go to the guy the came up with the concept and that has done the actual compilation.

Firmware updates have been covered pretty darn well in several You Tube videos other than what Yuneec provides. Something many over look is deleting old data from the ST-16 and placing the ST-16 in Team mode. If ever an update is done and the ST-16 fails to see the aircraft/flightmode update all that's usually required is to place the -16 in Team mode and refresh the system in the Settings>Bind menu.

One other suggestion; watch the screen of the ST-16 every time you boot up the system. If there is ever a warning that says "Flightmode has stopped working" do not attempt flight until you successfully re-bind the system to the firmware. Flightmode is the flight controller in the H.

A couple that I have found most useful are:
and

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I'm hoping someone might have put something in the manual about how to adjust expo (actual settings). I've seen discussions on other threads but I was hoping someone might write a chapter about it. I still long for the smoothness of my Taranis radio and the expo curve I could create with it and the abiiity to turn it off and on. Very helpful for indoor flying too. So if I missed it in the manual which I quickly went thru please spank me. Thanks

Today I have downloaded the YTH manuals V1.2 in EN and DE. On page 22 under "ACCELEROMETER CALIBRATION" I was very "surprised" to read this:
DE: SCHRITT 3) Lassen Sie das Fluggerät während des Kalibrierungsprozesses in der Luft schweben. ...
EN: STPE 3) Keep the aircraft hovering during the calibration process. ...
In the old version V1.1 it said correctly EN: STPE 3) Keep the aircraft stable during the calibration process.
So someone (at Yuneec) has changed this section to a confusing mess, at least uniformly through different language versions...
BTW, interesting to read the V1.2 manual section about OBS/RS behaviour during Home mode regarding the set RTH altitude (p.10).
And also the "official" logic between IPS and GPS being "disabled" intentionally or just "acquiring" when e.g. flying indoors are expalined under "INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEM" (p. 9) and "DISABLING GPS" (p. 19).

Last edited:
Today I have downloaded the YTH manuals V1.2 in EN and DE. On page 22 under "ACCELEROMETER CALIBRATION" I was very "surprised" to read this:
DE: SCHRITT 3) Lassen Sie das Fluggerät während des Kalibrierungsprozesses in der Luft schweben. ...
EN: STPE 3) Keep the aircraft hovering during the calibration process. ...
In the old version V1.1 it said correctly EN: STPE 3) Keep the aircraft stable during the calibration process.
So someone (at Yuneec) has changed this section to a confusing mess, at least uniformly through different language versions...
BTW, interesting to read the V1.2 manual section about OBS/RS behaviour during Home mode regarding the set RTH altitude (p.10).
And also the "official" logic between IPS and GPS being "disabled" intentionally or just "acquiring" when e.g. flying indoors are expalined under "INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEM" (p. 9) and "DISABLING GPS" (p. 19).
That's interesting because with the older Cheerson CX20, they said to be in the air and hovering to perform the accelerometer calibration. I wonder if it's the drift or tilt while hovering which the calibration is trying to offset? In the case of the CX20 it would tilt to one side when lifting off making it difficult to hover. It would drift to one side or toilet bowl. In air accelerometer calibration resolved this.

After cleaning the cache of my browser I found them too... :)

Thanks!
Yesterday I was at CeBIT2017 in Hanover, Germany.
I there talked to Yuneec staff about the "new" Accelerometer Calibration method menitioned in the YTH manual v1.2.
They told me, that the new hovering calibration is ment seriously and has a lot of advantages, because the calibaration adopts better to "in flight" conditions than the "on ground" calibration.
I also met the german YouTuber "Fan Tho Mass" at CeBit2017 and asked him about the "new method". He told me that he just posted a video about the "beginners on ground" and "advanced users hovering" acceleromater calibration:

("advanced users hovering" acceleromater calibration starts at 3m29s or 6m12s. You may use subtitles and auto translation.)

"Fan Tho Mass" and Yuneec staff told me that is important to know that accelerometer calibration generally turns off GPS, so that the hovering has to be controlled manually. Stick inputs by the user (to keep the position manually) are "subtracted" by the calibration process so that the result is expected to be "stable".

As it is right now not too windy outside I will give this method a first try... o_O

Yesterday I was at CeBIT2017 in Hanover, Germany.
I there talked to Yuneec staff about the "new" Accelerometer Calibration method menitioned in the YTH manual v1.2.
They told me, that the new hovering calibration is ment seriously and has a lot of advantages, because the calibaration adopts better to "in flight" conditions than the "on ground" calibration.
I also met the german YouTuber "Fan Tho Mass" at CeBit2017 and asked him about the "new method". He told me that he just posted a video about the "beginners on ground" and "advanced users hovering" acceleromater calibration:

("advanced users hovering" acceleromater calibration starts at 3m29s or 6m12s. You may use subtitles and auto translation.)

"Fan Tho Mass" and Yuneec staff told me that is important to know that accelerometer calibration generally turns off GPS, so that the hovering has to be controlled manually. Stick inputs by the user (to keep the position manually) are "subtracted" by the calibration process so that the result is expected to be "stable".

As it is right now not too windy outside I will give this method a first try... o_O

cool, going to try in an hour ro so.

Video was nice and clear , just wish we can find someone to re do it in english

Reactions: Freight
cool, going to try in an hour ro so.
I tried it yesterday. Works fine, although you need some space around the YTH, just in case...
The sequence is:
motors off, start accelerometer calibration, turn motors on, immediate take off (angle mode), hover (GPS turned off automatically) and wait while holding position with stick control manually until status light becomes steady green, land, turn motors off, the calibration process now will complete (telemetry data restarts and GPS switched back on automatically).

I tried it yesterday. Works fine, although you need some space around the YTH, just in case...
The sequence is:
motors off, start accelerometer calibration, turn motors on, immediate take off (angle mode), hover (GPS turned off automatically) and wait while holding position with stick control manually until status light becomes steady green, land, turn motors off, the calibration process now will complete (telemetry data restarts and GPS switched back on automatically).

Yeh, great.... good to know it works. Now see if there is any gain in this method.
Went out for a try the other day, but due to the wind the H drifted away towards the trees to fast so I wanted to abort.

Had a bit of a struggle aborting the process and switching GPS on, so I picked up altitude to catch my breath. Engaging GPS still did not work, so I walked away to where I had a little more open space and landed in no-GPS mode without any problems. After that shut off the H and restarted it and I calibrated accellerometer with the H standing on the picknick-table. Flew two batteries without any issues whatsoever.

And still to windy here to try hovering calibration.

Cheers!

I've decided to start an editable document for everyone to help contribute information for a better manual.

The first stage will be completely open for all to help. Second stage will close for only a select few to actually edit, but everyone can make comments for things to be added or changed.

Anyone who helps is welcome to leave a note on the last section!

Please Please Please don't troll.

Link to the document is here:
Typhoon H manual

EDIT: Posted wrong link

I added a comment in the CCC section to clarify the procedure; I wasn't sure if it was my place to actually edit the doc or just suggest an edit.

Reactions: AV114
Remember . if you think something should be added or changed, make an edit!
Also if you helped with the project, make sure to throw your name in the "Who Helped" section, you deserve it.

Finals? That has such a touch of finality about it.:(

How's it going on the Manual, in your own opinion? I think it will ultimately be an indefinite project. As the manufacturer adds or changes software and hardware components, the Manual will need corresponding revision. Hmm...you're young.:D

I expect them to change the IPS (and RealSense) function soon. IPS is not now used as it should be. BTW, IPS on a RS Pro will prevent outside landing with the legs up, whether OA is on or off.

Looking good. :):):)

Something odd I ran into. I'm assuming it's the IPS and gear up thing, but I don't know that for a fact. I used RTH to bring it near me (which auto-lowered the gear), then took control back and did a little more flying, but didn't bother to put the gear back up. Then I went to land, and it refused to land! The first time I ran into that, I did a hand catch. I later duplicated the issue. Flipping the gear switch down (even though the gear was ALREADY down), then an up/down cycle, allowed it to land. I would hope the TH knows its gear status without having to ask the ST, but apparently not...

Anyone else hit this?

Last edited:
Made a couple minor corrections (proofreading type stuff), and added minor mention of the Venom 4-port balance charger - I have, use and love it.

Something I thought was wrong but didn't touch was on Page 8, where it talks about the compass calibration... it says...

When the front LEDs come on flip it forwards 360 degrees
2 more LEDs will come on
Rotate the H so they face north

When I cal my compass, the front LEDs never come on. It's always a pair on opposite arms. Is there a model or FW version that does it as the manual indicates?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis