Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Warranty/Damage Repairs Turn Around Times?

Gear, GPS, compass, boom, half shell, updated firmware, checked camera, test flew, removed their flight props and kept them, packaged loosely for the return trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope they "tuned your gimbal" for you.

I don't know? Ordered 1/1/18, received 1/23/18, worked for 2 days, 3rd day it went on and weird orbit buy itself and was unresponsive then crashed, 1/29/18 called and sent in log haven't heard from since other than " make take 5 to 7 days".
I am thinking i may have made a mistake buying this thing I mean dollar for dollar i could have rented a helicopter and got the 3 videos and 5 pics. the worse part is i haven't even got to send it back to them yet, so i still have a month or two. maybe i should just go for a refund...
Update:: 2/9/18 Finally got threw to talk to someone, according to the logs GPS Failed had to send drone back to them..

Update on my repairs thru Kavservice in MO. Got it back last Thursday after about 3 1/2 weeks with them. My H would not intermittently respond to left stick down commands about 100 feet. Just hovered in place. The only way to get it to land is to Return Home mode. Even then it would hesitate as it slowly descends. It would stop, throttle up and go back up a few feet and then continue. I'm telling you, there no more stressful situation knowing your battery is low and your H is still 100+ feet above you. Telemetry analyzed by Yuneec confirmed a bad GPS unit and ECS board.

First flight - drifting issue at low altitude solved! :D Got her up to 100+ feet and the same issue! Emails from Kavservice stated they did a test flight and passed. Did they fly it over 100 feet like I repeatedly communicated to them many times? To make matters worse, a new prop snapped on my last test flight. Thankfully, it was on in the down and was able to hand catch it. 5 rotor mode didn't have a chance to come on? The H was vibrating in my hand. The last test does show it responds to full stick down when I lower the landing gear! (This is something I did not test for before sending it for repairs in January) I took video of all the test from 2 different locations and days. Sorry about the edits, my cameraman was not very skilled.

Here is a short video. I slowed the footage down right before a prop snapped off one blade. You see the whole H shudder. (Sorry for spelling errors in the vid - made it out of frustration) So I have to send it back again. I'm really having second thoughts of staying loyal to Yuneec now. I have lost confidence in the H and just worry where and when the next failure will be. :( I'm looking at the H Plus and possibly DJI. I'm just a very paranoid pilot and maybe it's time to drop the hobby. The thought of losing the H in deep water or injuring someone really stresses me out even more now. I've had good luck and follow all preflight safety checks but accidents can still happen.

Last edited:
If you have RealSense enabled in the ST16 Settings it won't land with the landing gear up. I'm hoping that you performed all the calibrations again before flying (accelerometer, compass, gimbal)

Reactions: m5zealot
You might want to go to this link and download the manual for your Typhoon H.

Typhoon H manual - cleaned Up and updated (70pgs)

Thanks for that but, I have read the updated manual. I have had the H over a year and know how to operate it. I know you can't land with the Intelsense On.(Props off on the ground) I had it on in the video because I wanted to troubleshoot from a list the techs sent me and suggestions in here. I'm sorry I should have provided more details on what I was doing to troubleshoot.

The problem with my H is NOT landing. It doesn't respond to stick down command over 100 feet. Having Intelsense activated should not have anything to do with changing altitudes. I never use it anyway for the flying I do. I hand catch it also 100 % of the time so it never touches the ground with motors running.

Kavservice has sent me an RA# today and they believe the Intelsense module is bad. So I guess they think it is interfering with the manual (angle) control of the H even when it's turned off.

1. Won't respond to left stick down above 100 feet (Intelsense off)
2. Will only descend about 100 feet when landing gear is manually lowered.
3. Once below 100 feet descent control is restored (gear up or down) with Intelsense on or off.

Last edited:
If you have RealSense enabled in the ST16 Settings it won't land with the landing gear up. I'm hoping that you performed all the calibrations again before flying (accelerometer, compass, gimbal)

Thanks! Yes I did all three out of the box. They even had a note on the H reminding to do at least a compass calibration. I do compass (with camera detached) and accelerometer before every flight just for peace of mind.

By the way here is short clip of what could have been a cool video. This was the 2nd test flight after repairs and the H wouldn't descend again so had to cut shoot short. :oops:

Last edited:

Problem is not landing - just control of descent above 100 Feet. It just hovers in place but does respond to all right stick commands. That is not normal w/ the Intelsense on or off right? Please send me more suggestions though.

Thanks for that but, I have read the updated manual. I have had the H over a year and know how to operate it. I know you can't land with the Intelsense On.(Props off on the ground) I had it on in the video because I wanted to troubleshoot from a list the techs sent me and suggestions in here. I'm sorry I should have provided more details on what I was doing to troubleshoot.

The problem with my H is NOT landing. It doesn't respond to stick down command over 100 feet. Having Intelsense activated should not have anything to do with changing altitudes. I never use it anyway for the flying I do. I hand catch it also 100 % of the time so it never touches the ground with motors running.

Kavservice has sent me an RA# today and they believe the Intelsense module is bad. So I guess they think it is interfering with the manual (angle) control of the H even when it's turned off.

1. Won't respond to left stick down above 100 feet (Intelsense off)
2. Will only descend about 100 feet when landing gear is manually lowered.
3. Once below 100 feet descent control is restored (gear up or down) with Intelsense on or off.

My sincere apologies. I misread what was going on and the true nature of your problems.

I don't know? Ordered 1/1/18, received 1/23/18, worked for 2 days, 3rd day it went on and weird orbit buy itself and was unresponsive then crashed, 1/29/18 called and sent in log haven't heard from since other than " make take 5 to 7 days".
I am thinking i may have made a mistake buying this thing I mean dollar for dollar i could have rented a helicopter and got the 3 videos and 5 pics. the worse part is i haven't even got to send it back to them yet, so i still have a month or two. maybe i should just go for a refund...

Well here is an update. Took a little under 5 weeks to get it back but they covered it under warranty, thank you!! the first couple flights were hair raising, got about 2 blocks away lost video wouldn't respond to controller thankfully the home button still worked, but wouldn't land because of real sense was on, turned that off and poof magic controller came back, safe landing... call repair shop he told me to reformat the memory card for camera and that fixed that. Now every once in a while i have to land and pop the card out and put it back in, but I can tell right after take off if it needs to be reset,, the video is choppy or stops and does it quicker when i turn on real sense. So after take off i get it about 30 feet in the air and do what I call a pre-flight Hope this might help some one. and thanks all for listening to this new-be

Dang,

What do you mean by RealSense "on"? If you've enabled RealSense in the ST16 settings it will always be on. Are you turning on "Obstacle Avoidance"?

Are you flying line of sight? If so, and you're 2 blocks away with unobstructed view of the aircraft it shouldn't drop video unless you're near power lines, large metal structures, etc.

One side effect of RealSense is that it will NOT allow you to land with the landing gear up.

When you mention “choppy video” are you referring to what’s on the St-16 or the video card? The video you want is on the card, not the -16, and formatting the card does nothing for the -16 video...

Dang,

What do you mean by RealSense "on"? If you've enabled RealSense in the ST16 settings it will always be on. Are you turning on "Obstacle Avoidance"?

Are you flying line of sight? If so, and you're 2 blocks away with unobstructed view of the aircraft it shouldn't drop video unless you're near power lines, large metal structures, etc.

One side effect of RealSense is that it will NOT allow you to land with the landing gear up.

Obstacle Avoidance or Real Sense (the switch on the controller) as far as landing gear never got it up to put it down, it was down.
Its a huge park i was flying in, I could see the drone 2 to 3 blocks away.
i tried to record a video and the screen froze at the point of starting everything on the controller was useless except "Obstacle Avoidance or Real Sense" and the switch next to it Home.
And no metal or power lines in area.

When you mention “choppy video” are you referring to what’s on the St-16 or the video card? The video you want is on the card, not the -16, and formatting the card does nothing for the -16 video...

The screen on the controller will get choppy and if i try to record the video is choppy with green screen spots, this is from the cameras memory card

Hello all
Over all it took about 6 week to get my drone back. I have been flying it all summer with no problems (other than operator, still learning) This was a case of a company sticking up in its produce that took a bit of time but very happy in the end
Thanks Yuneec repair team

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kege62