Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoint flight mode on st16

waypoints-f2a7002d.jpg

Waypoint flight mode

The programmable waypoints allow variable altitude approaches and different actions to take place at each key point. Geomapping enables reliable data on the landscape and buildings to be generated. In the waypoint mode, the pilot can mark points on a map between which the H520 will fly. When doing this, the altitude, camera alignment and tilt (including alignment on a POI) can be individually set for each point. The interpolation between the points can either take the form of a straight line or a curve, as is the case with the curve cable cam. The pilot is able to select the flight speed between the individual waypoints (up to 30 km/h). After the task has been completed, the H520 can land, return, wait or start from the beginning.

:)

I read a Facebook post where Yuneec Europe said that it was only coming to H520 and Tornado, not the standard H. Can't see how they'll do that as I'm sure it's on ST16 only and has nothing to do with the craft, unless the new improved ST16 that's coming with those also has Sim Card holder in for a data connection for live maps.

I read a Facebook post where Yuneec Europe said that it was only coming to H520 and Tornado, not the standard H. Can't see how they'll do that as I'm sure it's on ST16 only and has nothing to do with the craft, unless the new improved ST16 that's coming with those also has Sim Card holder in for a data connection for live maps.
Amazing that they will not give us something that dji automatically has on theirs. It is disappointing.

Bill W.

Waypoint missions need two pieces of software. One on the controller to let you draw out a route, and one on the drone to fly it. The current standard H firmware only supports Cable Cam missions - so you can fly waypoints, but not choose actions to perform at each one. UAV Toolbox can let you draw out a route on the ST-16 with the standard H, but cannot automatically take photos at each waypoint (which is one of the most commonly requested features) until the Typhoon firmware is updated.

DJI's version of waypoints is not quite the same thing, and you need third party software to fully utilise it.

It's good news that the H520 will be supporting more sophisticated mission planning, we'll have to see whether the standard H gets it further down the line. For now you can get a lot out of Cable Cam and when they release the SDK later in the year it will hopefully open up even more possibilities.

Question is, will the Flight controller be the same as that of the H480?

Question is, will the Flight controller be the same as that of the H480?
Its supposed to be the st16. But have they upgraded it? I could see it having more memory, possibly a fully licensed android tablet.

Bill W.

Most autopilots establish waypoint generation and retention, not the controllers. It's the reason many systems can use many brands and models of controllers/transmitters with different flight systems.

The reworked ST16 remote control with Intel Quadcore processor and low-glare 7” display provides reliable, intuitive control and is used for complete mission planning from the office or on the ground.

This is on the H520 page from Yuneec....

The reworked ST16 remote control with Intel Quadcore processor and low-glare 7” display provides reliable, intuitive control and is used for complete mission planning from the office or on the ground.

This is on the H520 page from Yuneec....
Its a shame they wont give that to us. If it werent for all us H buyers...there wouldn't be a H520.

Bill W.

I agree that waypoints are FC based, but the H is capable (as it can currently do CCC), the main limitation seems to be the lack of maps on our current ST16's. If the map and waypoint function only runs on the newer reworked ST16 then it won't work on our H's unless we upgrade the transmitter.

This may be why they are saying it's won't be compatible with the Typhoon H.

We can but wait and see what unfolds. I don't want to be the first to give it a go. Patience is a virtue;)

So are you saying the ST16 has its own built-in way point settings ? I have a yuneec tornado and I really wanna learn how to activate the way point options !

So are you saying the ST16 has its own built-in way point settings ? I have a yuneec tornado and I really wanna learn how to activate the way point options !
You are digging up a three year old post speculating on what was going to be on the ST16S (as it came to be called) and wondering if that functionality would filter down to the H480 series.

As it stands, if you have the Tornado H920+ that uses the ST16 (not the ST24) then yes you do have waypoint capability.
Task Modes are described starting on page 16 of the attached manual, and Waypoint Mode is covered starting on page 21.

Attachments

• Manual-H920-Plus-EN.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval