Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoints test

When you think about it, CCC uses a form of waypoint to set a location and CCC has been highly accurate from day one. The ability for the H to make use of way points has been there, only lacking the means to exploit them.

Reactions: Niblett and Brent D
Can it be made to bypass the failsafe? IOW, 'continue on with mission'.

Just a thought
If using two ST16's one for camera control would the pilot control ST16 be able to use its wifi connection via a hotspot to have updating maps on the waypoint screen

Reactions: Brent D
Just a thought
If using two ST16's one for camera control would the pilot control ST16 be able to use its wifi connection via a hotspot to have updating maps on the waypoint screen

I don't think so. The FlightMode app immediately closes any WiFi connections on start up, and only 'knows' about the camera.

Mines done too thanks to Brent. Looking to test later today if this rain holds off. Ran the GUI for waypoints and it's caching the google maps perfect. Just make sure you zoom in as much as you intend to in the field. The Mod King (Brent) also did the hull antenna mod for me. I must say it makes the bird look even more intimidating.

Decided to give the waypoints mod a test yesterday.
It worked great... I didnt adjust the camera per/point. Just left it default.

Hi Brent , I am interested in this hack as I would like to fly my missions in a straight line and not in a curve as on CCC. From what I have seen this hack gives you the ability for straight lines of flight between way points. Is there any possibility of getting a complete run down of how to do this hack from start to finish. My email is [email protected]. and would very appreciative of any information that you can pass on to me. Thank you very much. Johnno Hennessy.

I don't think so. The FlightMode app immediately closes any WiFi connections on start up, and only 'knows' about the camera.
Hi Tuna, As you will see from my post to Brent . I am looking for an app that will allow the H to fly in a straight line between way points for my roof inspections business. I don't know if your UAV TOOL BOX allows this, if it does I would only be too happy to purchase it or if it can be altered to go straight ,or is this coming in the future. I would really like to know, as it would make such a difference to my work load. Being able to do the missions on my computer then down loading them to the H and going out and flying the mission and completeing the job in the best way to give the clients the best results. Any help would be great from anybody in the forum. Thanks Johnno Hennessy

The curves are built into the Typhoon flight controller - so (I believe) even with the hack, you'll get curves, but I could be wrong.

You can 'force' straight lines by putting pairs of waypoints close together. The amount of curve through a point is decided by the distance between it and its neighbours, so having two close together reduces the curve. UAV Toolbox allows you to see this when you're planning missions.

Hi Tuna, This is fantastic, to get a reply so fast. How close together can you put the way points in your UAV Tool box. Johnno Hennessy. This is a fantastic forum.

Hi
If you use the waypoints you have the option of straight lines or curves. Both work fine.
If you are using for survey work i suggest extending the long lines before any turns to ensure you cover the required survey area

Thanks for the reply TAI, Is that when you use uavtool box or the standard CCC in the st16, in either one would solve the problem. I look forward to any replies with the help for this situation . So far the H has been fantastic and is getting better the more I use it . The H 520 is probably the one of choice now that it is on the market but we have 2 H's and if they will do the job, well and good when we have built up the customer base we will look at new birds like the H520. Thanks for the info and keep flying on the green side of the grass. Johnno Hennessy.

Thanks for the reply TAI, Is that when you use uavtool box or the standard CCC in the st16, in either one would solve the problem. I look forward to any replies with the help for this situation . So far the H has been fantastic and is getting better the more I use it . The H 520 is probably the one of choice now that it is on the market but we have 2 H's and if they will do the job, well and good when we have built up the customer base we will look at new birds like the H520. Thanks for the info and keep flying on the green side of the grass. Johnno Hennessy.

Way points on the h480

for people that would like to know .
you can go to your models and export the typhoon H model to the SD card .
then open the file manifest.csv thats on the sd card in excel on your pc .
it will look something like this .

fpv 1
version 1
name Typhoon H
type 401
etc
etc
etc
etc

i have noticed if you change the name to something like
TYPHOON H WAYPOINT
and change the type to 403

then select new model and import the changed file you will have
a new model titled whatever you named it .

if you select it . the waypoint editor now works and you have left everything else the same ..

Way points on the h480

Thanks for that TAI UK , I will leave that to my business partner as he has more computer knowledge than me. Also my son is a computer programmer and I will show this to him and he can teach his father how to handle it as I am in Dinosaur mode when it comes to these. I learnt to fly old school with no Auto hover or gps and when you crashed you went back to work to buy another one . Again thank you for your assistance with this question . Keep flying on the green side of the grass. Johnno.

Thanks for that TAI UK , I will leave that to my business partner as he has more computer knowledge than me. Also my son is a computer programmer and I will show this to him and he can teach his father how to handle it as I am in Dinosaur mode when it comes to these. I learnt to fly old school with no Auto hover or gps and when you crashed you went back to work to buy another one . Again thank you for your assistance with this question . Keep flying on the green side of the grass. Johnno.

A couple of pictures showing some of the available settings.
The screen would normally be displaying a map with camera image inset, or this can be reversed.
The waypoints can be updated/cancelled or paused during flight.
22446c3d571aab2584cb49098e3cb7eb.jpg

93578920bf908a5932cdb49f12e442cb.jpg

A couple of pictures showing some of the available settings.
The screen would normally be displaying a map with camera image inset, or this can be reversed.
The waypoints can be updated/cancelled or paused during flight.
22446c3d571aab2584cb49098e3cb7eb.jpg

93578920bf908a5932cdb49f12e442cb.jpg

d80e4d5d972c434b831c4f440d09ef29.jpg

Hi TAI UK, THAT SCREEN LOOKS LIKE WHAT I NEED. IS THAT WHAT YOU GET AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THAT HACK J YOU DESCRIBED EARLIER ON IN THIS THREAD. IF THAT IS WHAT YOU GET AND CAN DO THAT ON A GOOGLE MAP ,IT WILL DO THE TRICK. HOPE THAT IT IS GOOD IN THE UK AT THE MOMENT ,HERE IN SCARBOROUGH BEACH BRISBANE IT IS AS HOT AS HE'LL 10 PM AT NIGHT AND IT IS 27 DEGREES C . THANKS ,I WILL BE TRYING THIS TOMORROW WITH MY SON AND BUSINESS PARTNER. I LOOK FORWARD TO GIVING YOU A POSITIVE RESULTS. JOHNNO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan