Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoints!!??

If they can make it happen with a firmware update, it would be a really competitor for DJI. If not possible they better make it happen ASAP with the next version, offering better distance, speed, waypoints, and retractable landing gear with a 360 camera that can be connected to the second transmitter. And sell it around 1500 USD and than DJI will start to worry. Even now, its a very nice package but needs more polish! I hope Yuneec guys are innovative enough and are reading rcgroups etc.. When they do it, I ll buy without second thoughts.. Otherwise although it does not offer that much accesories and etc, even Phantom 3 Standart offers better distance, better speed, with an acceptable camera and very intuitive app for Apple and Android for FPV and Waypoints at 699 USD which is half of Yuneec price.. Not everyone cares about a bag or steadygrip although I do, but distance and waypoints are my (and most enhousiast quad pilots) priority nowadays.. I belive in Yuneec guys and waiting for 2016 for a Yuneec 4K V2 with these features or similar and more.. Hope IBM deal also help them to accomplish this!
You came here to tell us how much better DJI is over a Yuneec? As you can tell from the majority of the posts on this forum a high percentage of the owners need some sort of an assistance with their birds. Unless of course DJI owners need no such assistance with firmware updates, or GPS settings, or other mechanical issues I believe Yuneec is far superior to DJI because of the availability of support. I understood no such help is available from DJI. It must be nice to own a perfect drone where tech support or absence of it is a moot point because the drone is so perfect no one needs any help and it basically flies itself.

Any word on if or when waypoints will be available for the typhoons? Or am I missing something and there's already a way to set em?

Having the WIZZARD control can mimic waypoint designations. Once the Wizzard is calibrated and in operation, you can actually point at the different locations you want the bird to fly to. Here is the link for the demo:

Reactions: Mrdronenut
I have seen other mentions of this but here is a quote from PCMag -
The Q500 captures steady 4K video when in flight, but the video is noticeably blurry as you move toward the edges of the frame.

PC Magazine must have been on DJI's payroll.:)

Clear and crisp right up to the edge.

I have seen other mentions of this but here is a quote from PCMag -
The Q500 captures steady 4K video when in flight, but the video is noticeably blurry as you move toward the edges of the frame.

PC Magazine must have been on DJI's payroll.:)

Clear and crisp right up to the edge.
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum Calypso. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

Actually this was a known problem with the camera that was corrected in later on in production.

Reactions: Mrdronenut
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum Calypso. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

Thank you.

High winds and thunderstorms here in Switzerland at the moment, so I'm getting in some simulator hours till it passes.

Wow, you just described the new Typhoon H, only off with the price point. I hope they don't abandon the Q500 platform and make some of the "H" goodies available with a Firmware update.

don't worry they completely forgot about the q500 series !! Sadly, just bought one and now am trying to find a way for waypoints/POI, time to replace components ?!

Why are you dragging up threads that are two and a half years old?

They didn’t offer waypoints (CCC) then and still don’t now. That was a feature of the Typhoon H series, not the G or Q500 series.

Because i found a guy who claims to have gotten waypoints working on his Q500, but he replaces FC, TX, RX, etc modules to get it accomplished.

and honestly waypoints/POI is the only thing really missing w/ Q500, That is why !!

Because i found a guy who claims to have gotten waypoints working on his Q500, but he replaces FC, TX, RX, etc modules to get it accomplished.

and honestly waypoints/POI is the only thing really missing w/ Q500, That is why !!

After that it is no longer a Q500, and you are not running Yuneec software to allow waypoints and POI. You should start a new thread with the topic of modding a Q500 to become something else. Dredging ancient topics is not the method to do that. What you are bringing up is totally different than the subject of that thread which was Yuneec adding that functionality to the stock Q500

It was said by Yuneec long ago that there will no longer be any more updates or add ons for the Q series.
Now it's up to some good coders for any changes or adds to the Q.
I doubt we'll be seeing much but keep your fingers crossed.

After that it is no longer a Q500, and you are not running Yuneec software to allow waypoints and POI. You should start a new thread with the topic of modding a Q500 to become something else. Dredging ancient topics is not the method to do that. What you are bringing up is totally different than the subject of that thread which was Yuneec adding that functionality to the stock Q500

My My are we sensitive ! and it seems ALL topics on this forum are 2+ yrs old, so hard to know what is 'safe from your criticism' and what is not !

and the topic is/was/ and forever will be WAYPOINTS on a Q500, & how to get them, no ?

besides, according to your definition, likely Q500's are NOT Q500's as they likely have diff internal components from that of the original, see how that shortsigted view works ?

and yes, the st10+ does not support waypoints (i ASSuME), so do not understand how vid guy ran waypoints for claimed 8km.

but waypoints on the st10+/Q500 should have been very possible if they had the rom space & as said before, if needed more rom space, an upgrade of components (now not a Q500 according to you) would have allowed.

that assumes that the st10+/st16 just spews out gps locations and orchestrates the copter as it flies, comparing current location to next waypoint (called interpelation of interim values), of course doing housework all the while of keeping track which waypoints having been reached and which are still pending, but how is this DIFFERENT FROM 'GO HOME' method in actual execution ?????

but i do not have a clue how it is really done by H/st16, just how it could be done, will look up how H does it.

Thanks for your very helpful criticism, we all learned oh so much from it. moderator !

ps: every forum i ever see has ppl commenting on older posts, some 6 yrs old, AND it is often helpful, jsut as often not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss