Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Weird Error message

Reaction score
I've got a couple of Typhoon H's and am familiar with 5 rotor mode....I recently acquired a Typhoon Q500, and a Typhoon G....I had some calibration, responsiveness issues with the Q500, and tipped it over on landing and breaking a prop ....I immediately got a "entering 5 rotor mode" message on a ST-10....I've reset everthing and recalibrated everything and after replacing the prop, it flies normally now, with no issues. However, I'm curious about the error message.

Is "Entering 5 rotor mode" a normal error message for a Typhoon Q500 quadcopter? Or could the previous owner been trying to use it to fly an H, perhaps loading a model that's been tweaked or hacked somehow?

Is "Entering 5 rotor mode" a normal error message for a Typhoon Q500 quadcopter?
Yes. It is a "normal" message on Q500.
The history is that Yuneec "borrowed" some code from the TH, and did not bother to change the wording on the message that appears. On the Q500, it just means you lost a motor. There is no backup flight mode similar to the TH "5 Rotor Mode" on the Q500. If you loose a Q500 motor in flight, it falls out of the sky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval