Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Welp, fell out of the sky this morning.

Reaction score
Flying at my usual stomping grounds and on my way back to finish for the morning. It was about 300 up and 300 away it just dropped like it was fully powered off. IMG_4565.jpg IMG_4566.jpgIMG_4567.jpgIMG_4568.jpgIMG_4569.jpg

Not sure what to do at this point. Is there anything you guys want to see? Logs?

Reactions: Rafy Rodriguez
Very sorry for your loss. Oh dear, this is becoming something of a regularity with the H+; I think you may be the 4th person who this (or something similar) has happened to... they do seem to keep falling out of the sky ! You need to contact Yuneec in your country and get an RMA number, then send the parts back to them with a detailed explanation of what happened, and they should replace the whole unit presuming this was not your fault.

However, if I had seen all those warning messages in the logs, particularly about geomagnetic interference (The KP index was a high 5 this morning), and not taking off with a low battery I certainly wouldn't have then placed the craft at 300 ft ! What was your battery voltage when you left the ground ?

Yes please - we certainly would like to see the flight log /telemetry for this flight !

If you look at it again, I landed it, changed out the battery and took off again. There is not a single place I can fly where I do not get that geomagnetic interference warning. This was a park in the middle of no where next a bay and the lake. Every time I fly that warning pops up. This crash happened with a fully charged battery. Where can I grab the flight log from? I will post it.

If you look at it again, I landed it, changed out the battery and took off again. There is not a single place I can fly where I do not get that geomagnetic interference warning. This was a park in the middle of no where next a bay and the lake. Every time I fly that warning pops up. This crash happened with a fully charged battery. Where can I grab the flight log from? I will post it.
I have the same issue with Geomagnetic interference every single time.

Reactions: toddinroch
Yeah, I have flown dji, parrot and yuneec drones in this same place and never has anything like this happened.

If you look at it again, I landed it, changed out the battery and took off again. T
Ah OK - sorry - it wasn't obvious (to me at least!) that you changed the battery from that screenshot...

I only mention the geomagnetic warnings because I looked at the KP index this morning when I was planning my own flights, and decided that was too risky to fly in.
However, the problem you had really doesn't look related to GPS erroring, so may well have nothing whatever to do with it...

See this for how to get the log files...

Last edited:
It is not very probable that compass errors will cause complete shutdown. I guess it was not 4s after takeoff that it crashes but later.

In the other two cases last time the Flight2Logs from the ST16 have no useful information in. The Telemetry ends suddenly without indication that something was wrong. For me this is a HW problem.
There maybe a chance to get more information from the ULOG files direct from the copter but I did not found a way to decode it. ARDU Pilot Missing Planner seems not to be able to do that.

Another chance is to use QGroundControl, I'm on to test this...

But it is always a good idea to save log before send it to service, both from ST16 and from copter.

br HE

It seems so familiar 1st flight goes well. Battery changed then seems to loose all power and drops.
I’m sure once you upload the telemetry files, the pros on the forum here will know what happened. Hopefully yuneec will make good for it. Good luck

I have been flying for a few years. Had a typhoon h pro before. So I make sure the battery is in all the way. I also do the "drone dance" when I take off, I keep it close and to some rapid up and down and left and right and then usually a large circle around me before I go any distance. Just to make sure something like this does not happy. Grabbing the files now guys. Will post shortly.

Last edited:
37 is the first flight and 38 is the last flight.

Attachments

• Telemetry_00037.txt
    627.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Telemetry_00038.txt
    632.9 KB · Views: 23
Sorry, I also think it's the 4th. I flew this morning with the KP in the red (9 flights) in the city near wifi interferences, etc. I did not have any problems.
Compass warnings happen from time to time, even on the classic H.
That's not what caused the crash. At worst, your drone loses the north 1 second or two, and it returns to normal.
I hope you find an explanation. That's why after an update, we fly 2 meters from the ground, and we soliccite more and more gear (what I think you did). The battery that drops in tension brutally. it would be enough to measure it if it is still possible.
What version of the firmware did you have?

This is very disturbing to hear, sorry to hear of your crash man, this is starting to look bad. I am not the best at looking deep into these files but I just took a quick look and it appears that after lift off you got to around max altitude and a little later the aircraft was at around 115 meters when the flight log ended.

Its the original firmware as I had updated the one previous to this as I did that firmware update and it caused the camera to go crazy.

Just before the crash, we see the voltage that goes to 12 volts, goes back to 15.7 just before the crash, but I'm not specialized in the analysis of these dataScreenshotDisplay_files_1.png

There are 3 short drops visible in voltage history. Power seems not very reliable. But always only one dataset among the thousands other. If this is really a valid symptom, I don't know.
On the other hand, this did not happen in the other flight. And this not visible in the other telemetry files, I got as test files.

But here we got another crash by sudden complet shutdown: Just fell from the sky ...
And there the very last dataset showed 8V, also a voltage drop.

I would like to see the Remote_00038.csv and the related (by timestamp) sensor file.

br HE

I really want to know what Yuneec service says...

br HE

Me too, after reading through these threads I have decided to ground my Plus pending an understanding of what is going on and what we are dealing with. I have looked back through my history notes and am seeing some of the same messages; Caution: avionics power low, Manual Control the Interruption(?) and others that don't look right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge