Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Welp, fell out of the sky this morning.

V3.5 was before H Plus. H plus support was introduced with V3.7. With V3.8 the support of Sensor files was improved and AppLog was introduced to record the text messages from Sensor files (the same as History logs on ST16 I think).

Background: In the telemetry data from ST16S there are a lot of useless messages with chaotic values in. Starting with V3.7 I tried to suppress those values in order to allow a useful analysis of the rest of the data. The supression can switched on and off by check box "TH+ clean" in Settings > Data analysis. Default is 'on'.

With FW 1.0.08 the following columns are not supported and empty:
- roll
- yaw (always 90°)
- pitch
- gpsPosUsed
- errorFlags1
- gpsAccH

Current do not contain the current as expected but remaining LiPo capacity in %. Misleading header, but a good idea to report this. Why it is so hard to rename this, I do not unstand. On the other hand Yuneec removed '_' in the headlines.

Vehicle type is 5 as previous used for Typhoon H. Not a good idea.

It's no more possible to detect real flights by fMode. There is no indication for initializing as it was at Typhoon H (f_mode=16). I'm not sure, but it looks like also the task modes (FollowMe, CCC, POI and so on) are no more indicated by fMode.

Two new columns added: vSpeed and hSpeed. Very good.
cgpsStatus was added again (was already there at Q500). Useless, because it represents only the two highest bits from IMU status.

The numbering of sensor files is different from the other FlightLog file numbers. It can only be matched by time stamp of the files. RecordID from Typhoon H was $BC, now at Typhoon H Plus it is $FD.

Remark: It seems, the roll/yaw/pitch values will come with FW 1.0.10 but this one was withdrawn. Let's see what will be changed/improved next time.

br HE
Thank you for all these explanations.
So, use version 3.8 if you want to analyze your data from the H PLUS, otherwise, you will panic like me using version 3.5.

Sounds like a voltage sag generated by application of ESC/motor loading. As Glider mentioned it's tatamount to a "brown out" as it's what happened with high performance aerobatic aircraft using high draw digital servos with batteries that were too small in capactiy and C rating during high deflection maneuvers. This is exactly what happens when low C rated batteries are used.

With six motors starting up I wonder why they did not make the start up sequence turn on one or two motors at a time . I it would be cool to see them starting up one by one until it’s ready

I'm taking a semi educated guess at this,
It seems what I have read, the issues occur when there is battery change outs?
When changing out the battery, (of course H+ is off), is the controller on or off?
My thoughts, if the controller is not turned off, some how the data is not being transmitted saying, hey I put in a new battery and we need to reset the values of voltage.
If the values of the voltage is not rest (software) then there would be spikes causing over voltages thus the controller is trying to adjust for these anomalies.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
What's really needed here is a communication channel with Yuneec. Perhaps through a Yuneec dealer. In the meantime all the speculation and reports of failures has to be damping down sales. The H+ started out so encouraging and now many are second guessing the purchase.

I agree
Hopefully Yuneec will get on the ball letting current H+ owners fix/s are on the way.
I was thinking about purchasing the H+ but I'm going to wait.

I have been hot swapping, and while I have not experienced the same as @Wingnutz I have see some behavior that I believe to be from heat. I have checked body and motor temperatures during operation and in flight, using an infrared laser thermometer and have found that upon landing, as the hot components sit; the aircraft body and surrounding components heat up an additional 20 degrees (F) or so. Upon lift off I am seeing the aircraft in a slight climb but this goes away within a minute of operation and seems to correlate with the temps going back down. I have thought this was due to heat as I have read that the barometers can be effected by heat. Just a thought.

Here is a screen shot of the error flags from @toddinroch fatal flight. I see there are temperature warnings in there as well.

View attachment 11026

The temp was about 70 degrees. Located just off Lake Ontario so it never gets they warm. “Lake effect”

The temp was about 70 degrees. Located just off Lake Ontario so it never gets they warm. “Lake effect”

It was also very early in the morning. I tend to take a lot of sunrise pics off the water. The drone flew great and I absolutely love this drone. It just happened to die on the way back to me. Literally almost to me.

I am sure yuneec will resolve what ever issues they are having. The customer support in dealing with this was amazing. Compared to DJI. That said. I am going to put this under my State Farm home insurance policy. Just to be safe.

I also have flown it in 90 degree weather without problem.

My younger brother graduated RIT with a Photo Engineering degree in the early 70s. I was EE at RPI.

What's really needed here is a communication channel with Yuneec. Perhaps through a Yuneec dealer. In the meantime all the speculation and reports of failures has to be damping down sales. The H+ started out so encouraging and now many are second guessing the purchase.

The one thing Yuneec has consistently refused to do is become involved in forums they don’t have full control of. They could have tripled the sales of the H and Chroma had they elected to get involved at RCG, despite the number of DJI shills there. They don’t participate at Yuneec Forums, they don’t participate at Yuneec Pilots. They don’t even by ad space. DJI holds 70+% of the market because of earlier aggressive advertising, which continues to this day. Yuneec holds maybe 4% and they advertise virtually nowhere. What advertising they do is all done on Facebook, and almost nobody buys anything from Facebook, or by using their beta testers to make videos and posts about performance.

Yuneec did themselves in badly with how they’ve handled the 520. Previously long time loyal Yuneec customers became wary after seeing how that has gone down, and some of the earmarks of that are not far off the horizon with the Plus if faster movement does not happen quickly. Yuneec’s greatest problems are 100% self induced. Only Yuneec can save themselves from themselves.

I would very much like to have a fully functional H Plus, but Yuneec hasn’t produced one yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
The one thing Yuneec has consistently refused to to is become involved in forums they don’t have full control of. They could have tripled the sales of the H and Chroma had they elected to get involved at RCG, despite the number of DJI shills there. They don’t participate at Yuneec Forums, they don’t participate at Yuneec Pilots. They don’t even by ad space. DJI holds 70+% of the market because of earlier aggressive advertising, which continues to this day. Yuneec holds maybe 4% and they advertise virtually nowhere. What advertising they do is all done on Facebook, and almost nobody buys anything from Facebook, or by using their beta testers to make videos and posts about performance.

Yuneec did themselves in badly with how they’ve handled the 520. Previously long time loyal Yuneec customers became wary after seeing how that has gone down, and some of the earmarks of that are not far off the horizon with the Plus if faster movement does not happen quickly. Yuneec’s greatest problems are 100% self induced. Only Yuneec can save themselves from themselves.

I would very much like to have a fully functional H Plus, but Yuneec hasn’t produced one yet.

Have any of our European pilots been keeping track of proposed drone laws in the EU? Wow.
European harmonisation of drone regulations 'en route' to the EC

Not one Yuneec product currently meets the standards for average consumer drone pilots. I posted over at RCG but the DJI people are still too drunk from the MP2 Kool Aid to care.

@PatR

I don't think Yuneec needs to be in the forums.

What they may need are Yuneec dealers who are engaged in the forums sharing woes and questions with Yuneec and if appropriate letting pilots know they are aware of issues.

Mine went back yesterday. This thread was the nail in the coffin. I ordered a Mavic 2 Pro... And lo and behold I signed in over at Mavicpilots today to find reports of overheating and gimbals falling off LOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold