Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Welp, fell out of the sky this morning.

Mine went back yesterday. This thread was the nail in the coffin. I ordered a Mavic 2 Pro... And lo and behold I signed in over at Mavicpilots today to find reports of overheating and gimbals falling off LOL.
That's ok. You can always buy the MP2.1 when it comes out with the fixes, then 2.3 for problems with 2.1 (2.2 was purposely skipped) as there will probably be a 2.1CYA.

Mine went back yesterday. This thread was the nail in the coffin. I ordered a Mavic 2 Pro... And lo and behold I signed in over at Mavicpilots today to find reports of overheating and gimbals falling off LOL.

I too am waiting for some answers with the H+. I really like how it fly’s and prefer it over others I’ve flown. It’s hands down very stable, especially in any kind of wind. I’m no expert, but I do know what I like.
I had a Phantom and got rid of it. I even had an H for a time, but no longer because of the H+. I still have a long ways to go in this journey for me to consider myself a competent pilot, but that comes with flight time (and turtle mode).
I’ve grounded the H+ for now, or at the very least, keeping it on a short leash. I will however keep flying my Mavic Pro while Yuneec sorts things out.
By the way, on the Mavic forums, it’s been a challenge to read any kind of constructive help like on this forum. So to all here, thank you. It’s been my pleasure getting to know this group of pilots through these discussions. From what I see, most all are ready to lend a hand and give feedback on a daily basis, no matter what’s happening, good or bad, to help get your bird back in the air.

Last edited:
I sorta think we all knew, or at least suspected, there would be some bumps in the 'Plus' road having witnessed Yuneec's previous attempts at a product release. When I got mine, I was elated at the performance of both aircraft and camera; and still am. When I found that CCC was inconsistent, I was concerned but not worried, and was confident that would be fixed sooner or later. I had enough flight time to put me at ease but then; we got these three or four events one right after the other - that was enough to put things on hold. Another thing that had me worried was the history notes on the controller, I was seeing a lot warnings about low power in the avionics. Then I started reading my telemetry, with an older version of the software that gives false readings and errors and so, I grounded my Plus.

So looking back, there were three specific things (unexplained in flight failures, telemetry errors, and history notes) that caused us to be on guard. Since then we've learned from h-elsner that the error flags are not real - post 48 he said - The list of error flags above is not real. It contains also Yuneec's magic number 85 (which is 0101 0101 binary;).

This caused me to go back and take a closer look at my notes and found that they're not really arranged in a way that we as a pilot would understand at first glance. When I see, say; 20 lines of notes for a fifteen minute flight, I go all linear, and think these things happened in that order across the length of the flight, and so when I was seeing "Low power' in the middle of my flights I correlated this to - mid flight failure. But this is not correct. I erased all my history and found that typically I am seeing a single line in the notes between a take off and a landing - all the other stuff is written before and after the flight occurs! And that low power warning happens of course right as we power up the motors which; happens right before take off and therefor; was in the middle of the flight notes. It is consistently there every time. I think it is normal.

So two of the three things that took my Plus off line, have been explained or negated in my mind. In addition because I was seeing heat warnings, I began reading temps and comparing to the 480 and found them so similar in operation that I see what h-elsner is saying is correct.

I have now concluded to proceed with my flying however cautiously I need to be. I have flown four more flights without issue and will being adding a couple more today. I did in fact take both my 480 and Plus to the job we were at yesterday as it was a house on a lake and bordered by a canal on the other side. It was called off for weather but will be going back tomorrow.

Last edited:
This is encouraging... still we have several anomalous crashes, and of course we will not get any explanations from Yuneec. Perhaps if a pilot in this situation would send their crashed bird to an authorized 3rd party service center (say Vertigo Drones), instead of Yuneec directly... maybe we would get some answers.

Unfortunately with the model being so new, they likely have no more experience than anyone else... but at least they would not be under company policies that limit dissemination of useful information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
There’s still the fully seated battery factor to keep in mind. How many H power losses were caused by batteries backing out the owners adamantly stated were correctly installed? Even with my feelings about Yuneec management’s record, I keep that in mind when I read of a Plus power loss. If the owner had not previously owned and flown an H the battery installation cannot be discarded as possible cause.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
This is encouraging... still we have several anomalous crashes, and of course we will not get any explanations from Yuneec. Perhaps if a pilot in this situation would send their crashed bird to an authorized 3rd party service center (say Vertigo Drones), instead of Yuneec directly... maybe we would get some answers.

Unfortunately with the model being so new, they likely have no more experience than anyone else... but at least they would not be under company policies that limit dissemination of useful information.

Unless an authorized service provider is bound by a non-disclosure contract, and least publicly.

We can only hope anyone doing service is allowed to communicate with the customer as to what went wrong, if known.

Jeff

There’s still the fully seated battery factor to keep in mind. How many H power losses were caused by batteries backing out the owners adamantly stated were correctly installed? Even with my feelings about Yuneec management’s record, I keep that in mind when I read of a Plus power loss. If the owner had not previously owned and flown an H the battery installation cannot be discarded as possible cause.

Totally agree, the crashes by themselves are the known-unknowns, we know they crashed but will never know why.

That's ok. You can always buy the MP2.1 when it comes out with the fixes, then 2.3 for problems with 2.1 (2.2 was purposely skipped) as there will probably be a 2.1CYA.

I am learning that the entire drone market is one big GFY circle-jerk. Seems like EVERY release, no matter what the brand, has issues. Quite sad actually. You buy a $700 iPhone and SHTF if there is a bug. You buy a $2000+ drone and it is expected to have issues LOL. As with other industries, the we consumers can be our own worst enemy by continually lining up like cattle for products that are not ready for prime time. There is no such thing as Buy Once Cry Once with these. If you wait for bug fixes there will always be something new by the time you are ready because the market is hungry for "new and improved".

Reactions: PatR
By the way, on the Mavic forums, it’s been a challenge to read any kind of constructive help like on this forum.

Much of that I think is the customer base. From what I see, DJI appeals (typically) to people looking to enhance their lifestyle with a drone where as Yuneec appeals to more of a drone professional. I think it's to be expected that Yuneec owners (typically) will have a better grasp on the mechanical and technical. Being a Phantom 4 owner since 2016, I can say from my experience that Phantompilots is a solid group. I will echo you sentiment that the group here is world-class.

Brother! This happened to me too. I was at max altitude of 400' when suddenly I couldn't hear the props anymore. I looked up and there she came, hurdling down. I kept thinking, "ok regain control...come on come on!" I got an RMA number and shipped it off a week ago. Haven't heard anything yet but will update as I do.

Wow. Really sorry to hear this. Same happened to me, and I am currently waiting to hear back from Yuneec as they have my aircraft already. Liiks like this really is a HW issue. That is gonna be a real problem for me.

I am a little disappointed at how this product has rolled out. From faulty firmware to just falling from the sky without warning. I am not so concerned with them telling what is wrong so much as I want a new drone back to me and assurances that what ever was going wrong has been resolved. I posted about my h+ dying on the yuneec fb page. They did not take it down so I do not feel like they are really hiding this issue. I imagine all kinds of lawyers are consulted about what and when to say it. Probably nothing should be said at all from a liability stand point. I think there is a lot of luck that we have not killed someone with this drone.

Talking with Yuneec. Apparently they are aware of this issue. They are going to do a cross ship of the + and I will get a brand new one .

Same thing recently happened to me. TH Plus dropped with no warning. Provided logs to Yuneec as requested, shipped crashed TH to shop not far from me. Got zero explanation re: logs, took them well over a month to replace (or repair?) drone.

Same thing recently happened to me. TH Plus dropped with no warning. Provided logs to Yuneec as requested, shipped crashed TH to shop not far from me. Got zero explanation re: logs, took them well over a month to replace (or repair?) drone.
It's starting to do a lot for the H PLUS, I'm only flying on the water right now (more than 3 missions out of 10) ...

I have also repeatedly experienced strange behavior after swapping out the battery for a fresh one. It startled the **** out of me the first time it happened. I have been fortunate enough to recognize this behavior at lift off in my case. This has been repeated almost every time I’ve flown.
First flight is normal, with no issues or warnings. Sat counts are green for H+ and I have between 8-11 Sats for the ST16s. All batteries being used have been recently charged using a DY5 charger. The issue starts as soon as I swap in the second battery. Upon power up of the H+ with this second battery, all Sats are the same and battery indicator for the H+ shows 100%. The only thing different is I get a warning to check for magnetic interferences.
It should be noted that upon take off each time, I will lift off and hover at 4’-5’ for a short time and check to make sure the H+ is responding to my inputs before heading off in to the wild. After power down of the first flight, and replacement of the H+ battery, the H+ is restarted. The ST16s is not powercycled. As the H+ powers up and reconnects to the ST16s, this is when I get the “Check for magnetic interference”. At no time during the first flight did this warming pop up.
Upon lift off, the H+ does not hover and begins to slowly climb in altitude. The down stick is very sluggish and almost unresponsive in its ability to bring the craft downward, however it does come down, just really, really slow. I’ve also started hand catching the H+ and using the red stop button to stop the motors. In my last 2 flight sessions, in both cases with this swapped second battery and hand catching, using the red stop button has no effect. The motors continue to run for 10-20 seconds (I may be wrong on the length of time, but it ‘s not the usual 2-3 seconds it takes for the craft to power down). It’s as if the commands from the ST16s are not being given to the H+ to power down. This I don’t have a workaround for, and I don’t think it’s a good idea to try and use either the power button or remove the battery with the props spinning, so I just hang on.
If I powercycle the ST16s when I swap in the second battery, the H+ fly’s normal. I have not experienced any mid flight power losses to date and where I fly, I’m pretty certain I wouldn’t find the drone if it went down. As indicated, the only thing I’m seeing in this process is the addition of the check for magnetic interference warning.
I am running the latest firmware and did not have any issues with my gimbal or camera buzzing (to the best of my knowledge). I have also not looked through any of the flight logs as I’m just now seeing a pattern, or what looks to be a pattern in my case.

I always powercycle my st16s when i replace the battery of the TPH+
Never had any problem ...
Marnix

Reactions: oliver
I do not like what i read here.

But how many fell out off the sky on how many sold TPH+ drones ?
It is not even 1%

There are of course some falling form the sky but the same thing happens with DJI drones

Marnix, Belgium

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval