Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What can I get from Typhoon H over Q500 4K?

Alf

Reaction score
a 360 degree camera and retractable landing gear for what?
I think this setting is only useful if you shoot in 2 people setting, if we shoot in 1 person mode, what is the difference to turn yaw 360 degree or turn gimbal 360 degree? but the Typhoon H only come with a single controller, does it even have a 2 controller mode to operate?

a bigger better looking controller.
yes, but with the price of size and weight and cost.

6 rotor redundancy, how much safer?
it does not solve fly aways, does not solve lost of GPS crashes, does not solve buggy software crashes, battery failure crash? go home run into building crashes, in door take off, not able to hover crashes... my experience is these are still the main killer of the drones.

what do you think?

You can read just like the rest of us, but to address a few of your concerns/questions/criticisms.

Retractable landing gear is for 360 degree gimbal rotation. Wouldn't make much sense to have a 360 gimbal if the landing gear gets in the way. Also, for those close calls, it is one less thing to catch a branch, rock, etc.

Yes, it has a 2 controller mode.

If you already know the shot/course you want to take. You can waypoint the course, and the H will fly the waypoints autonomously while you control the camera, which is a great feature.

Controller is obviously nicer. Added features like being able to replay and edit your videos right on the ST16 is a huge advantage.

6 motors are obviously safer than 4. The H has been proven to fly with only 5 working motors.

The H is also modular, so you'll have the options later to add different cameras and object avoidance sensors.

If it isn't worth it to you, don't buy it. Enjoy your Q or your Phantom, or whatever it is that you have.

You forgot to mention it does come with the wizard so you can fly in team mode out of the box.

Are you sure about that? I know that is what we were told and maybe all the units shipped so far qualified as preorders even though there are guys walking into shops and buying them now or buying them off eBay.
Still waiting on my preorder and no word as to when I will get it.

I think this setting is only useful if you shoot in 2 people setting, if we shoot in 1 person mode, what is the difference to turn yaw 360 degree or turn gimbal 360 degree? but the Typhoon H only come with a single controller, does it even have a 2 controller mode to operate?

it does not solve fly aways, does not solve lost of GPS crashes, does not solve buggy software crashes, battery failure crash? go home run into building crashes, in door take off, not able to hover crashes... my experience is these are still the main killer of the drones.

what do you think?
Buy a P4 and enjoy !;) Has all you want, and let me fly my H, I'll tell ya how much better in a day or two !

Reactions: n3srj

what do you think?
Bigger is better! I would expect the controllers to keep growing in size. The Typhoon Z of 2025 is planned to come with its own full size van with 60" 8K monitor and toilet built into the controller seat.

The biggest advantage to the H is now you can have two guys making bad videos instead of just one. In theory, I should be able to blame the crappy footage on my buddy. I'm looking for a good scapegoat now. If the video is good...Ahhhh, shucks! If it's bad....yea, my camera operator sucks! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop