Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's the new features you want H plus to have?

Obstacle avoidance is important for any drone operator.
I still have no use for any obstacle avoidance. I've never used it and I removed the RealSense from the H Plus.
the first problem that I had encountered is that H+ would ascend, without throttle input.
If it was climbing it was because the throttle stick wasn't sitting at zero. Either the stick had oxidation (common when in storage) or the stick calibration wasn't correct.
I along with a few others, as proven that by relocating the GPS/Compass is beneficial.
I agree that on very hot days when flying with a bright sun there can be sufficient heat build up to cause problems with the GPS and/or the Flight Controller. The dark color of the H helps with visibility and protects the plastic from ultraviolet degradation, but it also adds solar gain. For those who must fly in those conditions, relocation or ventilation are beneficial.
There is no reason the C23 is not capable of snapping photos at 3 second intervals.
Perhaps that is related to the buffering capacity of the camera.

Reactions: oliver and 10-8
Are you hinting that the next possible offering from Yuneec is a camera?

Not at 20 MP resolution... if you are going to do that via video, you might as well use a TH.

I will use any tool in front of me and get things done.

4K converted to Jpegs and producing a clean 4K output out of the stills. This same example of video to jpeg extraction, I’ve done in photogrammetry 3D mapping with the TH Plus.

Wishing that there’s a mission hub, since there are no vast 3d party apps that supports Yuneec.

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G
Just as many guys input here, I think reliable system, rich features and good image quality are the most important for a photography/cinimagraphy drone

Cinematographers (the serious one's) are known to fly BVLOS, and there are moments of sweeping fast and low to get the shot..... You are spot on, with a "reliable system" that can boogie beyond the hover. Nice move and I cannot wait.

......good image quality are the most important for a photography......

You’ve got 2 great platforms....the H Plus and H520.

As a Professional Photographer....on the H+....I’d like to have better camera options. A new MFT camera with interchangeable lenses....like the Zenmuse X5S.....along with 3rd party integration (KittyHawk, DroneLogbook, etc). This would turn my eye away from a DJI Inspire2 w/X5s.....which, for now, is the next step for upping my game.

Are these not compatible now?

I mean directly, like how DJI has a built in import....it’d be nice for Yuneec to have the same relationship and ease of data management. Now, I’m new to using these (well, Kittyhawk) so I may be missing something. It just seems like DJI integrates easily while others have to jump through a few hoops and not all data moves so easy.

This may just be my inexperience.

You’ve got 2 great platforms....the H Plus and H520.

As a Professional Photographer....on the H+....I’d like to have better camera options. A new MFT camera with interchangeable lenses....like the Zenmuse X5S.....along with 3rd party integration (KittyHawk, DroneLogbook, etc). This would turn my eye away from a DJI Inspire2 w/X5s.....which, for now, is the next step for upping my game.
I total agree with you a better camera like X5S would increase H+ value a lot.

Re-design the accessory door on the C23 camera. It’s a PITA to open, get the card out, put the card in and snap the cover back in place.

An easy access door, hinged that is easy to open and close. Easy, non-recessed access to the SD card.

My big hammy hands and clumsy fingers really struggle with this, as it is now. Especially snapping that cover back in place.

Reactions: LinsonW
Re-design the accessory door on the C23 camera. It’s a PITA to open, get the card out, put the card in and snap the cover back in place.

An easy access door, hinged that is easy to open and close. Easy, non-recessed access to the SD card.

My big hammy hands and clumsy fingers really struggle with this, as it is now. Especially snapping that cover back in place.
I'm with you. I have huge hands, and fumbling with that door and micro SD card kills me.

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Really good suggestions from user experience, hope Yuneec would particularly consider it in the new camera design.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
@LinsonW

Without holds barred, let me ask you a question.

What is next for the current Typhoon H Plus? Or is Yuneec making a V2 rather than adding features to the current?

@LinsonW

What is next for the current Typhoon H Plus? Or is Yuneec making a V2 rather than adding features to the current?
What's your opition or perfer? LOL

Last edited:
@LinsonW

I personally believe that the airframe can't get much better and it would be logical for yuneec to continue to develop on their current frames since they streamlined their software base with px4 on both their pro and consumer products with the release of the H Plus.

On that note I think we will see many firmware releases on the plus in the second half of this year like we saw with the h520 it seemed to have stalled until yuneec out of the blue made it a top of the line survey drone after being almost silent for a year.

My prediction is that yuneec will continue to develop their firmware and cameras for the plus and I expect to see a even better camera similar to the CGO4 released early 2020.

So after thinking about it.. I would love the following to be modified or removed.

• The option to shoot DNG ONLY! There is not reason to be forced to have to write both DNG and Jpegs to the card.
  • Going off the above, this would probably reduce the write time and therefor allow quicker intervals for time lapsing. 5 SECONDS is too long!
  • Give me trim on the DPADS please. =)
  • AUX button to turn on and off GPS functionality.

• One of the biggest issues and I'm not sure anyone has mentioned it. GIVE us the ability to change video settings while recording. Locking our camera to what we originally started with once we hit record and not allowing us to change settings completely negates calling this a photography drone. How am I supposed to use an ND filter, set my settings to shoot, then while shooting, hit a dark area and must stop my recording to be able to change my ISO/Shutter settings.

So after thinking about it.. I would love the following to be modified or removed.

• The option to shoot DNG ONLY! There is not reason to be forced to have to write both DNG and Jpegs to the card.
  • Going off the above, this would probably reduce the write time and therefor allow quicker intervals for time lapsing. 5 SECONDS is too long!
  • Give me trim on the DPADS please. =)
  • AUX button to turn on and off GPS functionality.

• One of the biggest issues and I'm not sure anyone has mentioned it. GIVE us the ability to change video settings while recording. Locking our camera to what we originally started with once we hit record and not allowing us to change settings completely negates calling this a photography drone. How am I supposed to use an ND filter, set my settings to shoot, then while shooting, hit a dark area and must stop my recording to be able to change my ISO/Shutter settings.
Fine for first 4 items
Regarding the last one, is there camera to support such feature, adjusting ISO/Shutting during recording?

Fine for first 4 items
Regarding the last one, is there camera to support such feature, adjusting ISO/Shutting during recording?

DJi Phantom 4 Pro & DJI Mavic 2 Pro allows you to change shutter speed and ISO sensitivity while actively recording. This is the direct competitor of the H Plus.

Honestly, these settings should be changeable through the DPad buttons while recording since going through the menu to change them is too much of a hassle while flying.

Last edited:
And the Phantom 4 has been discontinued with no replacement announced yet. DJI supposedly making some sort of announcement on the 24th, so we will see what they have up their sleeves.

Reactions: JackMTaco

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio