Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's the new features you want H plus to have?

The pilot is responsible for understanding the functions of the aircraft he is flying. Skill in flying takes practice. If you choose to practice with a model that cost big bucks, then you will likely embark on parallel career as a repair technician.

These aircraft are designed with lots of different modes and adjustments to accommodate different flight needs. I know of no aircraft that will adjust itself to poor pilot skill. Even the Skydio 2 can be crashed in the hands of a novice. And a Cessna 172 will be exactly the same. Happens all the time.

The pilot selects the aircraft. Never saw an aircraft go shopping for a pilot.
Some good points Steve. Do they sell those wood magnets you have only in Michigan? Just giving ya crap!

I think a lot of new buyers would be unable to figure out that they have to let the bird sit for 15 minutes before taking off to get the database acquainted with the location of the bird in relation to the planet. Then if it's a month later they have to do it again.

There's no way to put your 15 year old into a car and expect them to figure out how to drive on their own by just getting acquainted with the new driver forum on Facebook.

I do agree with your summation but feel it leaves out a lot of detail that is difficult to find or isn't something that a new buyer would even consider. Maybe this is the software upgrade that's a key to unlock the bird before even being able to fly. As usual everyone probably knows I'm full of it and may be on this post also!

Reactions: Mechanic
I do not wish to offend nor continue to discuss this if one can not have an open mind on the subject. Just because you have good experiences with them does not mean everyone else will study it first. I will agree with your second part as yes, there is many different controls and settings, which is exactly why I suggested it. it's not up for debate, just a simple suggestion like the topic suggest.

Also, we all know there is a lot of people moving towards owning a drone in the future no matter the cost. It's just where we are as tech people, and the easier you make something the more they sell. And the happier they are with the machine. this can be looked at from many angles, even the best airline pilots use "auto pilot".

I'm not offended, and I'm not intending to attack this post, But It does come off as a little arrogant and closed minded. the purpose of the post is to get ideas from current users, if my post is not to your liking then do not respond. Or hit the ignore button on me.

I joined so as to learn and help where I could.... and that's it.
My apologies to the rest of the community here for my rant as this was never my intention. I also hope this is the end of discussion on the post you felt the need to point fingers at.
Regardless of these responses of your's and mine, I still respect your position and knowledge.
I agree with your post. Some of the responses were a little harsh. DJI has done a better job of making it easier to fly a new drone out of the box than Yuneec.

As I just put down in my last post I think there should be a cheat sheet for new users that has to be followed before liftoff is available.

Reactions: Mechanic
I’m trying to comprehend what flying characteristics are being requested, to help get acquainted with a multi rotor.

What more is needed besides:

1) slow to react/move (i.e. Yuneec’s turtle mode,
2) obstacle avoidance armed
3) GPS assist (let go; the aircraft stops its travel)

@Mechanic, please feel free to describe what you consider additional flight aides.

Btw, many people have asked for and received the advice of “even if you have purchased a multi grand kit, go get a $50 (or less) fun machine to get acquainted with the general concepts of multi rotor flight”. Can’t believe every single one of them ignored the advice. I know I followed it!

Good discussion nonetheless. A few ideas never hurt.

Jeff

I do not wish to offend nor continue to discuss this if one can not have an open mind on the subject. Just because you have good experiences with them does not mean everyone else will study it first. I will agree with your second part as yes, there is many different controls and settings, which is exactly why I suggested it. it's not up for debate, just a simple suggestion like the topic suggest.

Also, we all know there is a lot of people moving towards owning a drone in the future no matter the cost. It's just where we are as tech people, and the easier you make something the more they sell. And the happier they are with the machine. this can be looked at from many angles, even the best airline pilots use "auto pilot".

I'm not offended, and I'm not intending to attack this post, But It does come off as a little arrogant and closed minded. the purpose of the post is to get ideas from current users, if my post is not to your liking then do not respond. Or hit the ignore button on me.

I joined so as to learn and help where I could.... and that's it.
My apologies to the rest of the community here for my rant as this was never my intention. I also hope this is the end of discussion on the post you felt the need to point fingers at.
Regardless of these responses of your's and mine, I still respect your position and knowledge.

Firstly, I would like to say that there is nothing wrong in raising your question -- it is an opportunity to consider the topic,
do appreciate that you stirred people into reacting and perhaps also into thinking.
So your question has some information you can take away. This is what this forum is for.
I just wanted to answer to your point on "good experiences" - and I think perhaps my case is representative.
I have crashed (irremediably damaged) 3 drones and still fly 5 drones (but not at the same time)
At each of those experiences I had learned something important.
If software compensates for my lack of skills I expect this would prevent me from sharpening up my skills.
(Assuming the software would do a good job of that, which I doubt)
In fact, I am begging for YUNEEC to not botch their software like Microsoft have botched their Windows.
Let the pilot decide is always better.
Software should add functionality but not try to play AI and botch the usability.

A simple suggestion can be interpreted in any way their mind imagines it. I can tell yours has somehow added a sort of "Take control" option on the drone.
Well, that was the purpose of this thread I'm guessing,

I meant more of the software in the Android Controller. In no way would this suggestion I made work in real time and the human interaction combined.

We see it in the robotic prosthetic industry today even.. Humans and Machines do not intermingle.... unless the human is always in control.

Just like Asia's willingness to experiment with mixing inter species DNA is the same thing your referencing. It's one of those things you just shouldn't mess with...

I’m trying to comprehend what flying characteristics are being requested, to help get acquainted with a multi rotor.

What more is needed besides:

1) slow to react/move (i.e. Yuneec’s turtle mode,
2) obstacle avoidance armed
3) GPS assist (let go; the aircraft stops its travel)

@Mechanic, please feel free to describe what you consider additional flight aides.

Btw, many people have asked for and received the advice of “even if you have purchased a multi grand kit, go get a $50 (or less) fun machine to get acquainted with the general concepts of multi rotor flight”. Can’t believe every single one of them ignored the advice. I know I followed it!

Good discussion nonetheless. A few ideas never hurt.

Jeff
I know Steve Carr is familiar with my 2 fly aways that were back to back.

1) Is it still important on the 520's to let the drone sit for @15 minutes before takeoff if it's been mothballed for some time or moved 100's of miles?

If so then I think that should be incorporated in the software.

2) I like the red button landing on the 480. It makes for much softer landings especially for newbies and helps with the issues of ground effect.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just small chat, what's the new feature you want to have for H plus?
1. New features for photography and video maker, example time-lapse photography, real-time panorama, zoom etc.
2. Professional camera and image quality
3. Support mobile phone as remote control
4. More than 30 mins fly
5. Long distance transmission
6. Four directions avoidance
7. Other

For me, want all of them and priority is as above, how do you think about it?
I would like to know how bright the screen is on the H plus, the DJI models have their Crystal sky monitor which is perfect for daytime use. And hopefully the H plus screen has been greatly improved from the H.

DJI models have their Crystal sky monitor
Isn't that a separate purchase, an add-on, because most of their controllers don't have a monitor?
The 7.85" Sky monitor on Amazon has terrible reviews. Burnouts seem to be common.

If you own a CSM then I assume you can use it with any ST16 controller. That's awesome because you will be able to use the ST16 monitor when the CSM monitor burns out while you wait a few months for DJI to replace it.

Yes the Crystal sky monitor is an extra, but the interest in the Typoon is because I did not want to use a phone, so the built in monitor is what attracts me to the H plus, I had a G500 and the ST10 has a sunshade but the ST16 with a sunshade is starting to look massive and bulky. Am I to understand even though funded have increased the brightness on the H plus screen you still need to use the sun shield in daylight.

I rarely use the sun shade unless I'm in direct sunlight. I prefer to stand in a shady area to fly which gives more protection from wind for landing. The reworked ST16S remote control has a brighter, optimized display, and has a completely new user interface.

Hi John. I have the ST16s for the HPlus and I was told that it is indeed brighter than the older St16 for the H480. However I found that when out in the sun I found it hard to see so I got a Hunman shade sunshade made for Yuneec. It's not as tall as than the one in your original post but it works very well and it has an elasticated material on the backside that you can slide your hand in to access the touch screen. It also hase elasticated straps that fit aroned the trannu so you dont need to use the original sunshard.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech